Focused Feedback: Temporal Warrior, Instant Level 50 PvP Characters

3 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

they are using it as a backdoor to affect markets or power levelling.  In my life's experience, when there is an exploitative loophole, people will find it and people will use it.

I have heard of these so-called Ebil Marketeers, but surely they are just some sort of myth.

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Not sure if it's related or off topic, but were there tip missions planned for PvP zone exploration badges? Those are so well done! 

And someone mentioned trick or treat from the Halloween event - I'm pretty sure the doors in PvP zones are active for that. Heck I'm pretty sure winter lord spawns in PvP zones and so do presents too.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

AFK farming will still be possible with all the changes in this Page.

Have you tested anything?

AFK farming for Empyrean may not.

Yes, I have tested for a lot of this rounds changes.. oh you mean specific to insta-50s.

• The initial interface works but could be polished up and also provide better guidance for a new player.
  • I selected a MM Temporal Warrior.
  • Hero.
  • Spawned in RV.
  • Using the same portals isn't super intuitive, for some reason I thought there was going to be a separate portal.
  • Taking a Level 1 from RV to Pocket D works, they can't go back. No real information to explain why we can't go anywhere.
  • Functions that use normal play functions seem to work.
  • New Costume Vendor for Temporal Warrior worked.

Remaining:

• Logging back in.
  • Black Market.
  • Leveling up.
  • Respecing.
  • Trying to access AE or other zone (others did this so it won't be comprehensive)
  • Interactions with non Temporal Warrior.
  • Not really planning on testing Arena.

Concerns and impacts are not all related to the facilitation of a function.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Logging back in. No indicator which character is a Temporal Warrior
  • Black Market. Buy, Sell work.
  • Trying to access AE or other zone (others did this so it won't be comprehensive)
    • Was able to travel from Pocket D to Nova Praetoria, game disconnected, and popped back up in RV on the map (not in a base). Felt fairly hacky.
    • This bi-passed level restrictions of the zone.
    • Why would the portal from the base to the zone let a low level through? Wouldn't this have the same treatment as using the large portal?
  • As a Level 1 was able to take over a Pill Box in RV.
  • Ouro portal spawns but has a nice message.
  • In RV Long Range Teleporter has Pocket D as locked but other maps as available.
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

10 minutes ago, Troo said:

Was able to travel from Pocket D to Nova Praetoria, game disconnected, and popped back up in RV on the map (not in a base). Felt fairly hacky.

This is how the game already handles wrong alignment in a zone.  I can get a full villain into skyway city but the game freezes for a second and then drops me in mercy island.

I used freebies to open all the long range teleport destinations and got dropped into RV when i tried to go to terra volta.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

This is how the game already handles wrong alignment in a zone.  I can get a full villain into skyway city but the game freezes for a second and then drops me in mercy island.

I used freebies to open all the long range teleport destinations and got dropped into RV when i tried to go to terra volta.

I wanna log in just to see that madness for myself

7 hours ago, TheZag said:

Makes sense. It was the message that popped up with that disconnect, maybe "Server Disconnected" and how it went about it that felt hurki-jerky.

I've never gone (*crosses fingers*) anywhere I wasn't supposed to so I'm unfamiliar.

23 minutes ago, Troo said:

It was the message that popped up with that disconnect, maybe "Server Disconnected" and how it went about it that felt hurki-jerky.

That's likely being disconnected from the Mapserver for the zone your toon shouldn't be in and it getting punted into an appropriate default zone and connecting to its Mapserver.

I still dislike what happens when going into a SG base when its Mapserver is getting shut down.  Your don't get punted back to your previous zone.  Your client program is terminated and the server processes eventually clean up.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Jacke said:

That's likely being disconnected from the Mapserver for the zone your toon shouldn't be in and it getting punted into an appropriate default zone and connecting to its Mapserver.

I still dislike what happens when going into a SG base when its Mapserver is getting shut down.  Your don't get punted back to your previous zone.  Your client program is terminated and the server processes eventually clean up.

That's not just SG bases.  It's happened to me while creating a villain character.  Reserved a character name, spent a hour or so in the costume creator, selected to do the tutorial, selected Breakout, started loading into Breakout... then I received an error message that the map was shutting down and my game client was terminated.  Thankfully, I saved the costume file while in the costume creator.

• Sad 1

On 7/19/2022 at 12:29 PM, Faultline said:

Temporal Warriors currently only get respecs from the level up badges, then they have to acquire Respec Recipes for more. I'll add a note to revise this in the future depending on the mode's popularity, I can easily datamine how many respecs are actually used.

So, one possibility that might help is to have respec recipes drop now and then as rewards in PvP content, or PvE content in PvP zones. It would increase the availability to those who need them, and I don't believe they would adversely affect the economy on a significant scale. They aren't exactly a hot commodity people need to sell in order to afford what they need for their builds.

Maybe that's more work than just giving Temporal Warriors unlimited respecs. I wouldn't know. But if not, maybe it's worth doing...

6 minutes ago, Starhammer said:

So, one possibility that might help is to have respec recipes drop now and then as rewards in PvP content, or PvE content in PvP zones. It would increase the availability to those who need them, and I don't believe they would adversely affect the economy on a significant scale. They aren't exactly a hot commodity people need to sell in order to afford what they need for their builds.

Maybe that's more work than just giving Temporal Warriors unlimited respecs. I wouldn't know. But if not, maybe it's worth doing...

Respec recipes are really cheap so not sure there’s an issue in the first place.

• Like 1

I have not read the thread so pardon me if these things have been stated before:

1) Made a Temporal Warrior ice/ice blaster who logged into RV base, successfully leveled to 50 with Castle.  Used the Freebie auto-IO and it gave me 6 sets Slow among other oddities.  It's convenient but very dumb.

2) Auto obtained a bunch of badges, including Temporal Warrior badge.  Having a badge only obtainable by Temporal Warriors and unobtainable by anyone else is going to drive badgers crazy.  I don't know if the badge is required to do all the other magic required for these guys, if it isn't I think you should remove it.

3) Used the freebies menu to grant me the other accolades, they don't work in RV but they do work in Pocket D.  Freebies menu did not give me the Base TP or base portal, but I was able to buy them at P2W.  Unable to buy Mission TP or Team TP.

4) Unable to use exit to Atlas or Grandville in RV, any of the Pocket D exits, or exit to a zone via Base TPs or the Long Range Teleporter.

5) When I tried to use the Base or LRT, it would start loading the map and then kick me to RV, but outside the base.  It seems like that might be a spawn camp location.  Can't we zone in to the base?  Even the Pocket D manhole drops you off inside the PvP zones and not inside the bases.

5) I can use some but not all of the new costumes.  I think it's funny to try and be a stealth Arachnos, Longbow, or whatever.  But sad that I cannot be a mini Chibi Flea!

6) I could not use the AE interface, but I could interact with the ticket and inspiration vendors.  I could also access and interact with the /AH.

7) I was able to buy base empowerment buffs but they suppressed when in PvP zone.

8 ) I was able to buy stuff from the Candy Cane elf in Ski Resort.  The FIVE GOLDEN RINGS was usable in RV but Frosty Aegis wasn't.

9) I was able to team with a non-Temporal Warrior inside of Pocket D.  The team lasted when one of us zoned to RV and even persisted when I changed to villain with Null the Gull.  But not to worry, the team broke when I tried to enter RV where the teamed hero was.

10) I was able to PvP with an opposite faction non-Temporal Warrior in RV.

Editorial:  I have no problem with PvPers getting insta 50s.  But I do have a concern if they can obtain free IOs and access to the market or other players.  Too easy to exploit.  But even though I don't mind, I do question why test server can't be the unofficial PvP server, like it was on live.  Anyone from any server can transfer a character there or create a new instant 50 and equip it with all the IOs, +5 boosters, and anything else they want.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

2) Auto obtained a bunch of badges, including Temporal Warrior badge.  Having a badge only obtainable by Temporal Warriors and unobtainable by anyone else is going to drive badgers crazy.  I don't know if the badge is required to do all the other magic required for these guys, if it isn't I think you should remove it.

This, a 1000 times this.  The Badge can't be counted in the totality of Badges, like some special case Badges, like Bug Hunter.

Or is it a variant with "V.I.P.::Destined One" (Primal toon) and "Praetoria's Son/Daughter" (Praetorian toon) ?

Edited by Jacke

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

Or is it a variant with "V.I.P." (Primal toon) and "Son/Daughter of Praetoria" (Praetorian toon) ?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

3 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I do question why test server can't be the unofficial PvP server, like it was on live.  Anyone from any server can transfer a character there or create a new instant 50 and equip it with all the IOs, +5 boosters, and anything else they want.

Honestly, that's up to the PvP community to make happen, not the Devs or the GMs.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

True enough, but here the devs are making insta-50s for PvP and now some players want insta-free IOs too.  They already have that on Brainstorm.

Devs can do whatever they want and the PvPers can do whatever they want.  I'm just making observations and suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• City Council
7 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

That badge is the equivalent of VIP/Destined One/Praetoria's Son and the name was chosen because it's close enough to Temporal Soldier that non-PVP characters can wear that badge instead. Temporal Warrior counts as a patron badge for the purposes of unlocking those pools at character creation.

7 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

5) When I tried to use the Base or LRT, it would start loading the map and then kick me to RV, but outside the base.  It seems like that might be a spawn camp location.  Can't we zone in to the base?  Even the Pocket D manhole drops you off inside the PvP zones and not inside the bases.

LRT will not have any zones you can't go to on the live servers (because you need badges in those zones to unlock them in the first place) so that's not a concern. Base portals are and I need to review those, ideally you shouldn't see any beacons to zones you can't go into. It's not a showstopper for live but I'd like to solve it, however there's a 30-second countdown before PVP enables, so you have a chance to escape if the spot is camped. This spot is not set by anything in particular, it's just part of the same code that would boot a hero to Atlas, vilain to Mercy and praetorian to Nova if they find themselves in an unsupported zone.

The Pocket D manhole is a special case because it can be accessed by both heroes and villains, so it can't drop you inside one base or another because you'd get ganked. There's currently three different monorails that handle moving between PVP zones:

- Hero (moves you between hero bases in Bloody Bay, Siren's Call and Warburg, and one-way to Pocket D's main floor)

- Villain (moves you between villain bases in Bloody Bay, Siren's Call and Warburg, and one-way to Pocket D's main floor)

- Neutral (moves you from the Pocket D main floor to a random spot in Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, Warburg and Recluse's Victory)

I think I can fix the one from Pocket D to drop you at the base for the relevant faction, I'll look into it for the next patch.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I looked up Temporal Warrior in Wiki and came up with nothing, so I assumed it was a new exclusive badge.

It's not in CB CIT either, but I assume that's because it's not yet gotten to the Paragon Shard.  (I also corrected the Badge names up in my post).  If it's an Accolade, it's as @America's Angel said.

17 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Freebies menu did not give me the Base TP or base portal

(This isn't directed at you Bionic_Flea, I am just quoting for context of my comment)

I am not aware of a way to do this via the freebies menu, but if anyone knows a slash command or some other means to add this to the freebies menu, please let me know and I'd be happy to add it.

Had some free time this morning and rolled up a Temporal Warrior Stalker to test.  I spawned in RV as expected and spoke to Castle to level up.  Character creation and leveling is working as expected.  I did not get a chance to test going over to Pocket D or any SG bases yet.  Question - would it be possible to add quick access to the other PvP zones in RV?  Would make things a bit easier I think to travel back and forth without having to rely on Pocket D. 

• Like 1

Anyone know where that following Faultline quote is from?

It makes it look like along with the Temporal Warrior instant max 50s, there is talk of changing all the PVP zone levels to all be 50.

3 hours ago, Terius said:

To quote Faultline. 

"change data/scripts.loc/ScriptDefs/V_SirensCallPvP.scriptdef,  data/scripts.loc/ScriptDefs/V_BloodyBayPvP.scriptdef and  data/scripts.loc/ScriptDefs/V_WarburgPvP.scriptdef, set var PvPCombatLevel = 50 instead of their existing levels, and restart the mapserver."

"I change the level of the spawndefs, so any mobs that exist at the right levels go up, yes. 30 second change, + half an hour waiting for mapserver to rebuild spawndefs"

"
finding the mobs that need tweaking and increasing their levels is the time consuming bit. but still a lot less work that ignorecombatmods and more futureproof"

Edited by Troo