Focused Feedback: Temporal Warrior, Instant Level 50 PvP Characters

On 7/18/2022 at 3:24 PM, The Curator said:

In return, they start at Level 50 with all Incarnate slots unlocked, Incarnate powers can be crafted at no cost, and Patron Powers don't require the Patron badges.

It occurs to me that having Incarnates beyond the Alpha slot unlocked & crafting at no cost isn't that critical for PvP zones.

We don't have incarnates in most PvP zones (Alpha in RV). We aren't changing that, are we?

Edited by Troo
thx MJB

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Troo said:

It occurs to me that having Incarnate slots unlocked & crafting Incarnate powers at no cost isn't that critical for PvP zones.

We don't have incarnates in PvP zones and aren't changing that, are we?

There is alpha enabled in RV, meanwhile arena has all incarnates enabled (though players often enforce limits on which incarnates are allowed to be used, but technically all are enabled)

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/18/2022 at 6:24 PM, The Curator said:

Temporal Warrior, Instant Level 50 PvP 

• They still need to provide their own enhancements, there's no easy mode for that. Because their own ability to get rewards is so limited (the only available source of rewards is critters in PVP zones) the expectation is that those characters will receive influence and enhancements from other characters that are PVE enabled.
  • The goal here is to remove the barrier of entry for players that are curious about PVP, but don't want to spend the time leveling up a new character that would be useful under the PVP rules.

If I have to provide finances for this new 50, then it doesn't really open up PvP for me.

I don't like farming, and what little inf I do have left over from playing a toon to 50, goes to a new alt.

That's all the feedback I have at the moment.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 6:24 PM, The Curator said:

In return, they start at Level 50 with all Incarnate slots unlocked, Incarnate powers can be crafted at no cost, and Patron Powers don't require the Patron badges.

That no Patron badge thing could be used on nearly all of my toons.

The only reason I ever switch to redside is to do those mishes and switch right back to blueside.

• Thumbs Up 1

*taps foot* waiting for the next patch to finish testing..

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

So, and I'm pretty new so this is a guess, people who have a lot of Influence can dominate the pvp zones with their IO set characters? Characters with Basic IOs will be at a huge disadvantage? 

Thanks!

Edited by RicoZaid
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, RicoZaid said:

So, and I'm pretty new so this is a guess, people who have a lot of Influence can dominate the pvp zones with their IO set characters? Characters with Basic IOs will be at a huge disadvantage? 

Thanks!

That’s how gear usually works in MMO’s yeah.

On 7/26/2022 at 1:14 PM, arcane said:

That’s how gear usually works in MMO’s yeah.

lowbies are usually tossed in with max characters? what games work that way?

• Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

Thumbs down for not reading!

answer meh!

dang question dodger

i'll go back and read.. re-read

Edited by Troo