Titan, Axe, Mace, and Stone

I understand that recently there's be a realization that Broadsword can do some crazy things for Stalkers... so I assume Titan and Axe might not be available for them because of some similar mechanics for DPS by controlling crits. But why not Mace?  Stone is thematically linked to Stone tankers and their once unique god-like powers (though I don't remember Stone tankers always taking melee to match), but I can't see immediately why it would be broken for scrappers.

I'd really like to make a Mace scrapper, but I think I'm stuck making a Brute (and I'm not fond of playing Brutes really) anyone know the history/logic behind this? I know nothing is simple to change, but "turning Mace on" looks straight forward.

Titan is "new" so its story might be different from the rest.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

Take all this with a grain of salt, but here goes.

I think after the very informative post about Broadsword Stalkers, The Powers That Be are going to be very careful about what powers they proliferate.  I want to say at this point that Battle Axe is comparable to Broadsword (Axe was kind of like the Tanker equivalent of it, right?), and Mace in turn is the smashing damage equivalent of Battle Axe's lethal; and that Stone Melee is comparable to both with regards to damage, animation, and recharge time.  Certainly not exactly the same, but in the same general neighborhood.  So Scrappers probably won't be wrecking things too badly if they got their hands on Stone Melee.  That's fine, it's a good set; very single target-oriented but has nice feedback to the hits.

Stalkers getting them... well, it's gonna be the same problem as Broadswords.  Titan Weapons especially so, since we already know that giving them high-damage powers when they can crit basically on demand doesn't go over so good (Energy Melee was a mistake).  Plus perhaps you could argue that it's not a thematic fit?

All said, one of four things is probably gonna happen:

1. Status quo remains.

2. Scrappers start hitting things with rocks.  They may not be getting smarter but they at least kind of look like they are.

3. Pandora's Box has been opened with a broadsword.  Stalkers get axes and maces so you can pretend to be Garrett from Thief if he hit people over the head so hard with a truncheon their skulls were driven into their ribcages.

4. The seventh seal has been broken, and ninjas strike from the shadows with railroad crossing signs.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

I'm talking about both, but in different contexts.

And I looked at Beta Server and it appears they are adding these sets (at least for testing).

Well, scrappers have access to Battle Axe, Titan Weapons, and War Mace, just so you know.  They always had access to Titan Weapons and War Mace was proliferated to scrappers at least half a year before the game shut down.  Not sure about when Battle Axe got added.

Stone Melee is a different thing, and Stalkers for all of these sets is a different thing.  ^_^

When you say, "I'd really like to make a Mace scrapper..." there's nothing stopping you.  I had one at level 50 before the game shut down.

Stone Melee should be just fine for Scrappers, and how well it fits for Stalkers probably has to do with what they can do with Seismic Smash that they can't do with other sets. Thematically it's 50/50 for Stalkers. On the one hand, it's without any finesse and is very loud. On the other hand, nobody knows when the next earthquake will strike...

Given what the Stalkers have done with Psi, Street Justice, and Broadsword (and most ATs that get it dont think the world of Broadsword, FWIW) - Id measure-twice-cut-once before feeding the on-demand-critting crew more high damage sets.

OTOH, Its CoH.  Game Balance is not the focus.  Awesome is the focus (and it seems redside-original ATs are the focus).  All hail the ninja with the railroad tie!

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Well, scrappers have access to Battle Axe, Titan Weapons, and War Mace, just so you know.  They always had access to Titan Weapons and War Mace was proliferated to scrappers at least half a year before the game shut down.  Not sure about when Battle Axe got added.

Stone Melee is a different thing, and Stalkers for all of these sets is a different thing.  ^_^

When you say, "I'd really like to make a Mace scrapper..." there's nothing stopping you.  I had one at level 50 before the game shut down.

In my game client it isn't available. It's only on Beta. I don't have the option for Mace under scrapper.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

In my game client it isn't available. It's only on Beta. I don't have the option for Mace under scrapper.

It's the last power set available, War Mace.