Is Casual Building Worthless?

drgantz

Nah.

You can legit get on most teams with the craziest, silliest build imaginable.
A lot of people don't know mids even exists.
Now, if you want to run Master events and so on, there's going to be a bit of a requirement to tune your builds. The game is still very casual-friendly though, and that's one of its best features.

Also, you character would be fine, I think.
A lot of the endgame stuff is just running ITF or weeklies, so there's a lot of leeway for non-epic builds.

Edited by Neuronia
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Neuronia said:

Nah.

You can legit get on most teams with the craziest, silliest build imaginable.
A lot of people don't know mids even exists.
Now, if you want to run Master events and so on, there's going to be a bit of a requirement to tune your builds. The game is still very casual-friendly though, and that's one of its best features.

Also, you character would be fine, I think.
A lot of the endgame stuff is just running ITF or weeklies, so there's a lot of leeway for non-epic builds.

I'm sitting on billions in Inf.
Hero Merits galore.
And Empys out the ying yank (OW!)

And I believe everyone should have at least ONE high end build.
Just so you can appreciate the stupid-crazy things you can do to most builds that turn them up from Masher to MONSTER.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I agree Hyper and I...min-max all my stuff almost. I mean I'm farming damage right now for Born in Battle.
But people need to play as they wish. One of my friends logs in like once or twice a year and just builds costumes and weird builds then logs back out. The game is super modular; I will say though that with people wanting to get the Aetherized salvage, it's maybe a good time to start on one build you max out.

TLDR: I'm really a min-maxer at heart but I'll help anyone, really. I've run into so many cool builds on my farm runs that I just want people to express themselves as they wish. 😍

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:04 PM, drgantz said:

I've seen many builds in which the character is built to every detail including every mod.

I prefer to build or convert IOs as I receive each recipe.

Would this make my character so weak that it would be worthless in an endgame group?

No, and anyone who says you're holding a group back or "gimped" or whatever needs a swift kick.  I don't theorycraft, I don't do anything special in builds, don't perma-this or hyper-recharge-that or cap whatever and will still end up being an effective rolling nuke (depending on character... obviously my ice/emp isn't.)

• Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Nah, team buffs are stronger than any IO build. However, as you gain experience with the IOs, building becomes a lot more fun for huge nerds. It's like Tetris with math.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!