Tele Widow - More fun than a barrel of Rikti monkeys*

I was bored with my Night Widow, flying was ok, ground based melee was frustrating. So, I thought how about the teleport pool.

Wow. That worked out my better than expected. Solves the melee issue with combat teleport, just tele to the target of choice. Fold space makes Spin and Eviscerate must more effective due to hitting more targets. For the first time, I actual think Eviscerate is worth taking.

Widows usually have high accuracy and recharge which make fold space up and more effective. And the defense to survive the alpha. If you're taking to many hits, then use the bind below to tele out of melee range.

Smoke Grenade is for page 4 aggro changes. I tried placate after fold space, but it's just awkward.

Attack chain group example:

Build Up->Combat Teleport->Fold Space->Spin->Eviscerate->Electrifying fences->Ball Lightning

Solo:

Build Up->Combat Teleport->Slash->Fold Space->Spin->Eviscerate... etc

Useful binds:

/bind lshift+lbutton powexec_name "Teleport" // Will teleport you using your cursor as a guide

/bind lshift+w powexec_location back:35 "Combat Teleport" //Nice back out of combat bind

* A barrel of Rikti monkeys has been scientifically proven to be more fun than a normal barrel of monkeys.

The build:

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Tele Mudo III: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mental Blast -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(7), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(19), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 6: Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(50)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(23), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(23), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(25), GssSynFr--Build%(25)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(27), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29), GldArm-3defTpProc(29)
Level 12: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 14: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(33), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36)
Level 16: Combat Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 18: Slash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(36), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 24: Mind Link -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(39), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(40)
Level 26: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 28: Eviscerate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dam%(42)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 32: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 35: Electrifying Fences -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(43), Bmbdmt-Dam(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), JvlVll-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Tactical Training: Leadership -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(45), JvlVll-Dam%(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), Bmbdmt-Dam(46)
Level 44: Smoke Grenade -- DmpSpr-ToHitDeb(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(48), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(48), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 49: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(50)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17), SynSck-EndMod(17), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(19)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 2

Combat Teleport also changed my play style for the better, especially with melee + range toons (my blappers and brutinators). If you want a faster TP to cursor, here's the bind I use:

bind [key] powexec_location Cursor Combat Teleport. It will instantly TP you to where your cursor is at without the need to position and click.
another one I use is bind [key] powexec_location Back:40 Combat Teleport. this one will TP you back 40ft. You can change the integer from 5 to 80 in increments of 5. The only downside of this is unseen obstacles or hindrances since you are tp-ing backwards. sometimes you hit crates or walls and end up just 2 ft away from certain death haha. 

I've never taken Fold Space before. But from your endorsement, I just might do a respec on my widow. my bane uses it a lot. 😃

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I recently posted a stalker with four different TP powers ("Bamf Melee") and I agree.  Melee often means having to run around to reach that next target but wait nope, they're already dead, on to that guy over th- oh, dead too, how about -- nope, dead; etc.  I also advocate using binds or macros (more my style) to make jumping about all that much easier. 

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Combat Teleport also changed my play style for the better, especially with melee + range toons (my blappers and brutinators). If you want a faster TP to cursor, here's the bind I use:

bind [key] powexec_location Cursor Combat Teleport. It will instantly TP you to where your cursor is at without the need to position and click.
another one I use is bind [key] powexec_location Back:40 Combat Teleport. this one will TP you back 40ft. You can change the integer from 5 to 80 in increments of 5. The only downside of this is unseen obstacles or hindrances since you are tp-ing backwards. sometimes you hit crates or walls and end up just 2 ft away from certain death haha. 

I've never taken Fold Space before. But from your endorsement, I just might do a respec on my widow. my bane uses it a lot. 😃

My Bane is up next for the teleport overhaul.

Fold Space works well with Spin and Eviscerate, because of max compaction of the mob spacing. Even when it does that weird staggered line formation.

It use to take an act of god for me to hit five mobs with Eviscerate, after fold space my average hits is two plus. I will see a five hit once a mission or at least two or three four hits.

Also, nothing makes Spin feel better than Fold Space->Spin and dropping three to four minions while hitting six plus mobs.

Haha, I feel ya.

Although with my bane and widow, I set it up as +4x2-3, which is my sweet spot for challenge vs time. Maybe I'll try a x8 one on him. But between the bane and the widow, the bane, though it hits like a freight train dropped from orbit, is soooooo slooooooow. I enjoy my widow more. I had Speed of Sound on him, and used Jaunt. but I've found that Combat TP gets you to your target facing them. Jaunt is a hit and miss, and it can be disorienting for half a second.

However, I have to be honest and say that I am dreading the thought of a respec. those things take a lot out of me.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Haha, I feel ya.

Although with my bane and widow, I set it up as +4x2-3, which is my sweet spot for challenge vs time. Maybe I'll try a x8 one on him. But between the bane and the widow, the bane, though it hits like a freight train dropped from orbit, is soooooo slooooooow. I enjoy my widow more. I had Speed of Sound on him, and used Jaunt. but I've found that Combat TP gets you to your target facing them. Jaunt is a hit and miss, and it can be disorienting for half a second.

However, I have to be honest and say that I am dreading the thought of a respec. those things take a lot out of me.

Respecs suck. But it should be mostly the same powers and IO at least.

Banes have those nice crunchy hits, Widows are a claw blender. Both need no-redraw.

No-redraw on Banes will be such a game changer.

• 1 month later

So just curious. You didn't put any accuracy enhancements in fold space. Do you have issues with the power mission a lot? Also why mix in so many different sets on ball lightning and electric fences rather than just filling them with a full set for the set bonuses?

Edited by Azrik

24 minutes ago, Azrik said:

So just curious. You didn't put any accuracy enhancements in fold space. Do you have issues with the power mission a lot? Also why mix in so many different sets on ball lightning and electric fences rather than just filling them with a full set for the set bonuses?

VEAT have high accuracy due having their own version of VEAT:tactics and set pieces.

Specially, the Night Widow took build up to make darn sure Fold Space would land.

Ball lighting and Electric fences are proc'ed out for damage. My Night Widow didn't need more set bonus, she needed more AOE damage.

Banes have venom and VEAT:tactics which provides -defense and accuracy. Fold space rare misses, unless of course they are +3 bosses, which are pretty much immune to teleportation.