Ever right a bio for a character that, got you, emotional?

Echo Night

Lemme preface this by saying, I've downed a 5th of Cap, on the way with Jack, and just listened to Chlorine, Heathens, Ride, Stressed Out and Trees by twenty one pilots.

I'm farming up said char with what I consider to be one of my most, 1023 space available, tragic char descrptions yet (mo,) but Chlorine got me misty eyed. It got so frackin bad that my vision became blurred and I had to stop, while getting flamed upon by mobs and pounded on my desk and said something like, "WTF! It's just a G***D character!" *sigh* Wiped my eyes clean and got back to work. My son asked me if I was okay. I said, "Yes bud. I'm okay. "I don't ever post garbage like this, but I'm in a complicated place with life atm and since this game has been more of a home then home at times since Issue 5, I felt like, wth, I'll ask the fam a dumb question. It may not ever reach anyone else the way it did me, but man, this bio wrecked me for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Echo Night said:

Lemme preface this by saying, I've downed a 5th of Cap, on the way with Jack, and just listened to Chlorine, Heathens, Ride, Stressed Out and Trees by twenty one pilots.

I'm farming up said char with what I consider to be one of my most, 1023 space available, tragic char descrptions yet (mo,) but Chlorine got me misty eyed. It got so frackin bad that my vision became blurred and I had to stop, while getting flamed upon by mobs and pounded on my desk and said something like, "WTF! It's just a G***D character!" *sigh* Wiped my eyes clean and got back to work. My son asked me if I was okay. I said, "Yes bud. I'm okay. "I don't ever post garbage like this, but I'm in a complicated place with life atm and since this game has been more of a home then home at times since Issue 5, I felt like, wth, I'll ask the fam a dumb question. It may not ever reach anyone else the way it did me, but man, this bio wrecked me for some reason.

Not so much just the bio itself, but when I wrote the backstory for Red Diamond on Live/Virtue, and pretty much anytime I got into serious roleplay with her, it was hard emotionally because Red was so broken inside (though by the end of my time RP'ing her, she was finally starting to heal).  Honestly, even just her bio did get to me a bit, but mostly because it included a list of the crimes this largely innocent girl stood accused of, and that was a little heartbreaking.  Especially the multiple homicides, all of which were actually in self-defense except for one, and the one exception was a tragic accident that happened because she panicked and didn't have much control over her powers yet.. but the real villains of her story did their very best to make sure she'd be blamed for everything in order to cover their own trail.

(If you're interested in her story, look up "Red Diamond" on VirtueVerse).

• 2 months later

The 'bio' is basically a 'what someone encountering you would know' synopsis, so no, i haven't gotten teary-eyed over any of mine.

Character arcs?  Yes.  

Daisy Chain - Industrial Espionage - artist: John Becaro

Meet Daisy Chain, an MA/Nin stalker I rolled up as my CoV Beta character, and played throughout Live (currently leveling her up on HC Everlasting).

The bio was simple:  "The assassin known as Daisy Chain doesn't have remorse, or desire, or even a sense of right or wrong.  She has no more conscience than a guided missile.  She is not a person, she is a weapon."

And then the arc went from "kidnapped by a major crime cartel, mindwashed, conditioned, broken, then trained to be a killer" as the preface, to slowly uncovering bits and pieces of her own autonomy, the freedom to actually feel emotions and express as a human being. Level 50 was when she finally reconciled who she was with what she went through and what she'd become as a result.   It's probably the darkest continuous roleplay I've ever engaged in.  

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

While making a character that was meant to break me out of my character creation habits, I ended up writing a haiku.  I won't claim it's any good, because I have next to no idea how haikus are supposed to be constructed, but I suprised myself with a half-sob while writing the last line.

I tend to write ones that make me laugh (and a hopefully few other people too). My toons include a Paragon U student who got into a drunken bet in the High Energy Physics lab (never a good idea), the world's toughest Parks & Rec Ranger (in Paragon, keeping people off the grass is important - so is keeping the grass off people), and an innocent lab hamster bitten by a radioactive accordion player.

On a side note, though: my core, pre-Sunset and reborn core toon is openly LGBT (which I'd like to be realtime, but, family).

This - and the confidence I project as that toon - has led to more than one person coming out to me. And, well, talking through all That Stuff, and family, and work, and how people deal (or don't), have been some of the most emotional experiences I've had. Even if I have no idea where they are realtime, and we're sitting wearing ridiculous costumes on the roof of a building in Steel, sharing that kind of human connection is... a thing.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
moshe
  • Like 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.