Any *old old* game things you kinda miss?

Gulbasaur

I might be repeating stuff others have said, but here are mine:

1) I miss street sweeping being a thing (as kelika2 said, above me) that you could do to level up at a decent clip.

2) Speaking of that, I miss the old Brickstown before they added the Zig event there. I dont necessarily mind the Zig event, but they did end up completely borking an old grind loop I had near there with freaks and crey, in a  perfect loop, and there was the old school parking lot filled with freaks etc too. All thats gone. AND on top of that, they trashed most of the other good street sweeping by putting PPD and enemy factions fighting other enemy factions. It made the spawns worse, and I dont like the assist from the NPCs. Completely kills the thrill.

3) I miss my old Gravity/Rad controller who could have 3 singularities out for part of the time, and 2 of them all of the time.

4) I miss galaxy city, the original newbie zone. It was, and remains, my favorite blue-side zone, with Kings Row (the OG) and Brickstown (the OG) being close. I can go street sweep there as a lowbie, but its slightly frustrating to do, now that the HC team made it where (if I'm correct) you cant get to it from your base. I loved it when I could just get to galaxy echo at level 2 without having to snag an OB portal.

5) I miss the original Atlas park. There were some fun street sweeping loops with clocks among some ruins that are gone. The echo is there but .... oh well.

6) I Imiss awkward travel .... there is a lot of convenience and its good but I miss when low level travel was a slog, and I miss when they had the disconnected train lines and no ways to get to PI without hitting talos first.

7) I miss the old Dark Astoria. Yeah I can still go there. Not as good as the OG tho, just somehow its not as scary now. Difficulty aside. Not sure why.

Thats all I can think of right now. Good times. But hey, its STILL good times. :)

Cheers!!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later
On 8/27/2022 at 5:02 PM, PorkTips said:

I might be repeating stuff others have said, but here are mine:

1) I miss street sweeping being a thing (as kelika2 said, above me) that you could do to level up at a decent clip.

2) Speaking of that, I miss the old Brickstown before they added the Zig event there. I dont necessarily mind the Zig event, but they did end up completely borking an old grind loop I had near there with freaks and crey, in a  perfect loop, and there was the old school parking lot filled with freaks etc too. All thats gone. AND on top of that, they trashed most of the other good street sweeping by putting PPD and enemy factions fighting other enemy factions. It made the spawns worse, and I dont like the assist from the NPCs. Completely kills the thrill.

3) I miss my old Gravity/Rad controller who could have 3 singularities out for part of the time, and 2 of them all of the time.

4) I miss galaxy city, the original newbie zone. It was, and remains, my favorite blue-side zone, with Kings Row (the OG) and Brickstown (the OG) being close. I can go street sweep there as a lowbie, but its slightly frustrating to do, now that the HC team made it where (if I'm correct) you cant get to it from your base. I loved it when I could just get to galaxy echo at level 2 without having to snag an OB portal.

5) I miss the original Atlas park. There were some fun street sweeping loops with clocks among some ruins that are gone. The echo is there but .... oh well.

6) I Imiss awkward travel .... there is a lot of convenience and its good but I miss when low level travel was a slog, and I miss when they had the disconnected train lines and no ways to get to PI without hitting talos first.

7) I miss the old Dark Astoria. Yeah I can still go there. Not as good as the OG tho, just somehow its not as scary now. Difficulty aside. Not sure why.

Thats all I can think of right now. Good times. But hey, its STILL good times. 🙂

Cheers!!

Þe game felt a lot bigger when travel waſn’t ſo convenient. It took a bit more effort to get to where ȝou wanted to be. Some people uſed Paragon Dance Party as a travel hub, þoſe were þe good ol’ days, for ſure! 

Can we bring back Recall Friend inſpirations from þe EARLY days ? Pretty ſure þoſe inſps were Mandela Effected out of exiſtence þo, becauſe nobody elſe ſeems to remembers þem except me…

I can only think of 2 double edged swords. Travel powers at level 14 meant you got to know a few zones a lot better and added the thrill of danger and tension. However I love being able to soar through the sky at level 4. So much more freedom.

Then there's IO's. I can make toons much better, fill in gaps and skip certain powers to make my builds easier but things can be too easy. Temptation of power vs challenge. One of the reasons I enjoy leveling more than being 50 at times. Looking forward to trying hard mode content.

Edited by MrAxe
Typing skills of a chimp.

Cool thread. Top three:

3. Farming Hydra in the Perez Park river

2. Being able to innocently make a cat-themed character before I knew what a furry was

1. The game being difficult*

*I could write an essay on this, but I'll just say that I remember seeing a purple-name and my heart stopping for a second. Used to be my ice/ice blaster was never more than two or three ranged attacks from death, and I was grateful to see a Controller or Defender join the team to keep me alive.

I do like the "super-super" feeling of an IO'd character, but there were definitely a lot of great things lost with the power creep.

Edited by pawstruck