AE Vet Levels -or- Empyrean to Reward Merits

Troo

AE Vet Levels -or- Empyrean to Reward Merits  

152 members have voted

1. 1. please select a preference

• no AE XP post-50
    • no more Empyrean/Merit conversions
    • is there a third option?

"a change of some kind is pretty much a bet the farm guarantee for Page Four. It’s either no AE XP post-50 or no more Empyrean/Merit conversions, take your pick."

We've read the threads and there are lots of opinions. So, let's get some votes going to see which way things are leaning.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 minute ago, Coyotedancer said:

You left out the well-nigh inevitable call for AE to either be removed or not to have rewards at all...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "that is not applicable" in order to choose between these two. AE isn't going anywhere. 😉

• Thumbs Down 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Just now, Troo said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "that is not applicable" in order to choose between these two. AE isn't going anywhere. 😉

Since when has the reality of the situation had anything to do with the pearl-clutching? 😝 

• Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I think a per-20-hour limited rate of conversion of Empyrean Merits to Reward Merits would be the best solution.  Keeps post-50 XP for Veteran Levels and allows limited conversion of Empyrean Merits to give flexibility to players who want to convert them.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

You left out the well-nigh inevitable call for AE to either be removed or not to have rewards at all...

Now, now.  I don’t want Mission Architect removed.  I just want INF in AE missions reduced to 50% to match the current XP reduction, go back to tickets only, and prevent XP boosters from working while inside an AE mission.  Then it would be perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Interesting results... about in line with what I expected.

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

16 hours ago, Astralock said:

Now, now.  I don’t want Mission Architect removed.  I just want INF in AE missions reduced to 50% to match the current XP reduction, go back to tickets only, and prevent XP boosters from working while inside an AE mission.  Then it would be perfect.

I wish the "developers" here had the balls to do this.  I'd laugh my ass off watching the four or five people left crying that they can't fill a team and wondering where everyone went.  That'd be epic.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

That's a bold assumption that so many people would leave at the AE being nuked in such a fashion.

Let's try it and find out.  Seems like this is what the inner circle wants, so go ahead and do it.  You all are going to live with the consequences, right?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I feel like the empyrean to reward conversion option will hurt a lot more than just AE farmers... people that run a lot of Itrials will also get punished hard... I'm not sure why that would be a good thing...

What are we supposed to do with empyreans we earn through itrials once our toons are fully T4? buy ultimates (after converting empyreans to threads) at Luna and flood the AH? that just feels so bad/wrong/sad/boring

then at least allow us to buy purple/AT/winter IO with empyreans, not just reward merits...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Spectral said:

then at least allow us to buy purple/AT/winter IO with empyreans, not just reward merits...

I am not sure that would work.  You will get people here saying that farmers will just flip those on the market and earn billions, which is somehow going to miraculously destabilize the economy.

21 hours ago, Troo said:

We've read the threads and there are lots of opinions. So, let's get some votes going to see which way things are leaning.

Polls on here are easily skewed by people using alt accounts.  This does not really tell anyone anything other than what a handful of people want. 

Polls are most definitely imperfect. Merely a way to summarize opinions which vary in veracity.

• Thumbs Up 2

• City Council
1 hour ago, Spectral said:

I feel like the empyrean to reward conversion option will hurt a lot more than just AE farmers... people that run a lot of Itrials will also get punished hard... I'm not sure why that would be a good thing...

All trials had a reward merit reward added, with the number of merits being equivalent to the former conversion. This is on the patch notes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ShardWarrior said:

Polls on here are easily skewed by people using alt accounts.  This does not really tell anyone anything other than what a handful of people want. 

Goodness gracious there’s people with less of a life than me? 😳

• Like 2

• City Council
1 hour ago, ShardWarrior said:

Click on the vote total and that tells you exactly what accounts voted for which option.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Faultline said:

Click on the vote total and that tells you exactly what accounts voted for which option.

I think those results are hidden for this particular poll.

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

This one has viewing disabled. No seeing who voted for what. This is a safe place.

• Like 1

• City Council

3 minutes ago, Troo said:

This one has viewing disabled. No seeing who voted for what. This is a safe place.

Well, in that case there's no counter to the idea that the whole poll is manipulated by three people with 20 accounts each. Good job on making it entirely invalid due to lack of trust in the results.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3