(Prize Update) I LOVE THE 80s Costume Contest !! Presented by House of MVPs

EnnVee

PRIZE UPDATE
We now have over 2 BILLION in Influence to award!!You have less than a week till the Contest, Saturday 8/13 at 9pm EST

UPDATE TO CC
We now have over 2 Billion in Influence to award !!!!

11 finalists will be chosen

First 5 to be eliminated will be awarded 10 mill each

The next 3 to be eliminated will be the chosen Honorable Mentions, and they will receive 25 mill each

Top Prizes are as follows

3rd Place - 500,000,000 Mill

2nd Place - 750,000,000 Mill

And 

First Place will receive 1 BILLION INFLU !!!! 

image.thumb.png.fa84affcff212b51e37c8cff6ea80e08.png

Any Questions feel free to PM me here or in game @EnnVee

Edited by EnnVee
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

21__infinity_by_halo_enigma-d2wllcr13.jpg

• EnnVee changed the title to (Prize Update) I LOVE THE 80s Costume Contest !! Presented by House of MVPs
21 minutes ago, Excraft said:

These are all very cool but honest question - aren't they all trademarked or copyrighted characters?   That's against the CoC.  

Can't play a character that is named, resembles, references, or has the same backstory. But a temporary costume for a dress up contest is typically gonna be okay.

That said, @Excraft if you see any Ghost Buster themed characters running around doing content and crossing the beams, you should report that. You are now the costume police and I'll provide your first potential lead which should be researched thoroughly. https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1090-post-your-best-costume-designs-here/

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

11 minutes ago, Troo said:

Can't play a character that is named, resembles, references, or has the same backstory. But a temporary costume for a dress up contest is typically gonna be okay.

I don't remember there being any allowance for "dress up for contests" in the CoC.  I'm just going by what's there and GM posts like this one

Copyright Policy

Use of copyrighted characters and content without permission is not permitted when creating characters or Architect content. This includes characters and stories from intellectual property belonging to any IP that is not City of Heroes.

13 minutes ago, Troo said:

That said, @Excraft if you see any Ghost Buster themed characters running around doing content and crossing the beams, you should report that. You are now the costume police and I'll provide your first potential lead which should be researched thoroughly. https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1090-post-your-best-costume-designs-here/

I'm just asking a question, not trying to be a jerk about it.  Rules are rules and should be applied evenly and fairly.  If there's some allowance for costume contests, then it should be written into the CoC. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Excraft so you don't want to be the costume police or you do..

"a temporary costume for a dress up contest is typically gonna be okay."

(note my sarcasm setting is currently on high)

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, Troo said:

@Excraft so you don't want to be the costume police or you do..

"a temporary costume for a dress up contest is typically gonna be okay."

(note my sarcasm setting is currently on high)

No, I don't want to be costume police.  I'm not the one who cried about copycat characters to get this rule implemented.  I'm just asking the question since it is in the rules and I don't see "temporary costumes for dress up" being allowed for in the official CoC.  Here's a link for you - https://forums.homecomingservers.com/code-of-conduct/

Copyright Policy

Use of copyrighted characters and content without permission is not permitted when creating characters or Architect content. This includes characters and stories from intellectual property belonging to any IP that is not City of Heroes.

Additionally, creating copies of existing characters from the City of Heroes / Villains lore or naming your Supergroup after existing groups from the City of Heroes / Villains lore is not permitted. Use of these characters in Architect Entertainment and character backstories is permitted, and you are free to present yourself as a member of an existing group or portray your Supergroup as an offshoot or subdivision of an existing group, but you cannot portray yourself as owning or being in control of any existing group.

I don't see where it says temporary costumes are ok in there, but maybe I'm missing it.  Like I said, rules are great but they need to be applied fairly and equally.