Recharge reduction for Accelerate Metabolism

Vanden

I've been playing Radiation Emission lately, and it feels like it could use a little something. Accelerate Metabolism's effects are nice, but they aren't all that powerful. I think the recharge should be reduced, so it can be used more often. Right now it lasts 120 seconds and takes 422 seconds to recharge. I would reduce that recharge down to 336 seconds; with that recharge rate, 95% recharge slotted in the power, and the 30% recharge bonus Accelerate Metabolism provides, it will take only a modest 55% global recharge boost to achieve perma-AM. That's down from the current requirement  of 127% global recharge, which is a very high amount to invest.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Agree. AM's affects are pretty mid-tier. It could at least not also take forever to come back. Also the only buff in the whole set, not counting being rezzed by Mutation.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I dunno, if I were going to buff AM I would love to give it a touch more recharge bonus instead. I never build a rad (or anything really) without hasten and it takes more global recharge to perma that than AM. Therefore the recharge of AM becomes something of an irrelevance as I push towards perma hasten. Reducing it's recharge would bump up its uptime at lower levels though which would be nice.

I find it hard to say whether rad needs an overall buff. If it does it seems more likely the devs would look at some of the less utilised powers rather than buffing the ones that are already the meat and potatoes of the set. If fallout was changed so that it could target an enemy body with perhaps a reduced effect for example. Mutation, like all revive powers, could benefit from the ability to buff a living teammate.

The only change I really want to the core powers is a reduction in cast time for radiation infection and we're getting that in the next release.

In general, there are many powers in the support and control power pools that could use a reduction in recharge time. This has been an issue for an extremely long time.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I would prefer an uptime increase over a recharge decrease.  So many buffs that last such a short time.  I get that the original developers wanted us to use the powers,  and we sure did since they were single target,  but less clicky and longer duration buffs are just more enjoyable for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I would prefer an uptime increase over a recharge decrease.  So many buffs that last such a short time.  I get that the original developers wanted us to use the powers,  and we sure did since they were single target,  but less clicky and longer duration buffs are just more enjoyable for me.

Sounds good to me.

49 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I prefer shorter recharge. Less time between clicks means less time teammates spend without the buff if they miss the cast, and less time you have to wait to get it back when you die.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

I prefer shorter recharge. Less time between clicks means less time teammates spend without the buff if they miss the cast, and less time you have to wait to get it back when you die.

Yep, also tougher on MM's who's pets die and need to be resummoned.  They also end up going without buffs for longer.  I have that issue a bit with nature as well, lot of long recharge buffs in that set.