Super Speed on Brainstorm

Ukase

Most folks know there's new content on Brainstorm (The test server). I continue to be amazed at how fast Super Speed is on there, compared to Excelsior or Indom, or any other server. 

Some suggested it was due to lag or some server load that made the difference. For some reason, while I accept it as a possibility, given the stark contrast between Brainstorm and any of the lower pop servers, I'm thinking there's something else at play. I just don't know what else it could be. 

All in my head? 

8 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Most folks know there's new content on Brainstorm (The test server). I continue to be amazed at how fast Super Speed is on there, compared to Excelsior or Indom, or any other server. 

Some suggested it was due to lag or some server load that made the difference. For some reason, while I accept it as a possibility, given the stark contrast between Brainstorm and any of the lower pop servers, I'm thinking there's something else at play. I just don't know what else it could be. 

All in my head? 

You could check the combat attributes windows on both using the same character on a live shard then copy over to beta. The server latency part would be my guess, but I've always played on Indom so it feels the same to me on Brainstorm lol

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Some things are noticeably slower on Excelsior compared to other shards, especially in crowded zones.  *Side eyes Atlas Park and the Rikti War Zone.*  I suspect that is what you are seeing.  Like Flea suggested, do test runs between Brainstorm, Excelsior, and Torchbearer or Indomitable and time them.

2 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Dunno.  The only thing I can think of it to time yourself running from point A to point B on each server and time it.

Well...that's an option I guess. I did shave 4 seconds off my usual time on the ski chalet on Brainstorm. With the new option to show target distance, it took me 10 seconds to go 500 yards. Now I just have to find the same kind of target on Excelsior. 

Bah...no significant difference. Sure seems a LOT faster on Brainstorm. 

Edited by Ukase