Radio Free Opportunity: Timed mission, automatic failure?

Arcalian

This is the two part mission about a Council spy amongst Arachnos.  First part being to find out who the Council spy is, the second being  that you invade the Arachnos base to catch the spy, which you only have an hour to do.  So I finish the first mission no problem, head to the second, get in the door and start fighting, and even though I still had more than 50 minutes left, the mission abruptly ends and I'm told I failed.  Is there a bug with timed missions?  The one previous one I'd done I had no problem.

I ran a Family Warehouse mish the other day, timed.  I was strolling along thru the warehouse, controlling away, plenty of time and suddenly the mish fails me.

WTF?  But then I looked at the text - I was supposed to stop Draco from escaping, and I can see in the NPC chat where I triggered his escape.  But because I missed it, he got away...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• 3 months later
On 6/7/2019 at 9:57 PM, Arcalian said:

This is the two part mission about a Council spy amongst Arachnos.  First part being to find out who the Council spy is, the second being  that you invade the Arachnos base to catch the spy, which you only have an hour to do.  So I finish the first mission no problem, head to the second, get in the door and start fighting, and even though I still had more than 50 minutes left, the mission abruptly ends and I'm told I failed.  Is there a bug with timed missions?  The one previous one I'd done I had no problem.

This just happened to me last night, too.  I was had only defeated one spawn of enemies before the mission failed event occurred, so I don't think I triggered the spy leaving yet. I was still within 100 feet of the door.

I've had this happen... I suspect it's a spawn-point issue.

The spy may have popped up behind you, very close to the door, rather than deeper into the map. That not only lets them escape very quickly, but also means you may never even see them. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

The mission has been bugged since Issue 6.  As soon as you start fighting mobs or get anywhere near the Council spy (and that can be 100 feet away), he will take off like a bat out of Hell. 

I have done the mission many, many times since CoV launch.  IIRC, only once did it complete successfully.