Stone/Stone build after update

QuantumSin

I was looking at some of the threads here and came accross @Hyperstrike's build for boulder bouncer. However, it appears the order of the stone armor powers got shuffled between his last post of the build (Oct 2021) and now. Any updated builds out there?  Thanks.

(It stinks to not have Mids running on a Mac, so please paste the build. Thanks.)

2 hours ago, QuantumSin said:

I was looking at some of the threads here and came accross @Hyperstrike's build for boulder bouncer. However, it appears the order of the stone armor powers got shuffled between his last post of the build (Oct 2021) and now. Any updated builds out there?  Thanks.

(It stinks to not have Mids running on a Mac, so please paste the build. Thanks.)

In or out of Granite?

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 8/4/2022 at 9:33 AM, QuantumSin said:

I like the idea of running non-granite, but keeping granite as an oh-crap button.

Can I tack a question onto this. Is Granite really a good oh-crap power? I was working on a Stone/ build the other day in mids, and I noticed when I toggled Granite, some stuff went up, but not really enough to make it seem worthwhile for all the stuff you lose. With IO sets, you can get your defenses and resists quite high. What am I missing here?

21 hours ago, VV said:

Can I tack a question onto this. Is Granite really a good oh-crap power? I was working on a Stone/ build the other day in mids, and I noticed when I toggled Granite, some stuff went up, but not really enough to make it seem worthwhile for all the stuff you lose. With IO sets, you can get your defenses and resists quite high. What am I missing here?

Here's my titular toon's comparison.  No procs, no ATOs, no incarnates.  

Non-Granite:

image.png.6a02c1a653e890413118b9d2608b352e.png

So basically a defense based build, with F/C overcapped resistances.  NO psi hole.  51.9% DDR.

Granite:

image.png.9bc13154c700f418496c229508d919a7.png

So basically a resist based build and, with two stacks of MoT proc, capped in everything but E/N (but nearly 85%), with great defense numbers in everything but Psi.  Psi hole is evident.  60.55% DDR.

Due to all the bonuses of Brimstone Armor and Minerals, I run exclusively non-Granite, but on a very rare occasion push the "oh $hit" Granite button.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

• 1 month later