Invader/Task Force commander badge - Easy(?) method

Vanden

Something I discovered completely by accident: In part 4 of the Who Will Die? signature story arc, heroside, you'll fight numerous ghostly copies of Malaise and Aurora Borealis. These count for the Bloody Hands/Hero Slayer badge. I did this arc in a duo with a buddy, and for only two heroes the arc spawned enough of these enemies to give my character the badge from no progress at all. This badge unlocks Lord Schweinzer for villains, who lets you flashback to any mayhem mission you've outleveled. Get the exploration badges in all of them and you unlock the Invader/Task Force Commander accolade. I think this is a much easier route for heroes to get the accolade than running all 7 TFs needed for the accolade, as long as you don't mind robbing nine banks. I hope that helps someone!

• Thanks 8

• 3 months later
  • 1 year later

A caveat on this. The reason why you may not get the Bloody Hands/Hero Slayer badge on the third mission is because not enough spawns if you are running solo. In order to get the badge in one go, you need to set this third mission on -1/+8.  You maybe able to even get it on -1/+4, but I did it on -1/+8 just to be sure.

Edited by Shuma Gorath

• 2 weeks later
On 6/7/2019 at 11:34 PM, Vanden said:

as long as you don't mind robbing nine banks.

I've actually discovered that you don't even have to rob the banks. After grabbing the exploration badge in the mayhem mission, just earn enough bonus time to bump the timer above 15 minutes, then make it back to Lord Schweinzer before the timer drops below 15 minutes and he'll let you abandon the mission and grab the next one, as long as it's not the active mission. (If you're solo, using the /leave_team command in the mission will let you immediately exit and mission and deselect it as the active task.)

• Like 1

Or you can select another mission of yours, then you have the direct ability to abandon the bank mission and ask another to Lord Schweinzer.
If you didn’t have another mission previously to taking the first bank mission, you might have some phone contact in your list who can give you one to make the switch.

Did this these last days, bringing a team of six with me. Everybody happy with his little yellow bubble.

And thanks for sharing your discovery about the Who whill die Hero slayer method !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vanden said:

I've actually discovered that you don't even have to rob the banks. After grabbing the exploration badge in the mayhem mission, just earn enough bonus time to bump the timer above 15 minutes, then make it back to Lord Schweinzer before the timer drops below 15 minutes and he'll let you abandon the mission and grab the next one, as long as it's not the active mission. (If you're solo, using the /leave_team command in the mission will let you immediately exit and mission and deselect it as the active task.)

Interesting. My experience is I can abandon it whenever. I never even notice the timer, but I guess time gets added by simply running around. (escaping PPD/resisting arrest)

And I'll share one more tidbit about this method: 

Atlas, Kings Row, Skyway, Founders  - if they're not at the sub closest to Schwienzer, abandon and retry. No sense running about if you can get them closer. 
IP & PI - use the base macro to exit Founders - then use base portal back to Port Oakes - the chopper/mission entrance is right around the corner. 
Bricks is always way out of the way - use a TT or mission TP. 

Steel - I can't recall, but if it's not where you want it, you can try and get it at the same location as the first 4 or IP/PI, if not, you can use your remaining TT/mission tp. 

IP is always near the east ferry. If you have a second account who's dealing with the contact bringing the badging toon in via PD or the ferry it's good to start with. If you can get everything else but bricks/talos/pi at the sub near the contact and do KR last up there so you can base port from it (kr's badge is farthest from door) for those three near the heli it's ideal. But he's not always cooperative and not everyone's doing it with a contact bot.

I also abandon them whenever, just need another mish to select.

• 2 years later

Confirming the above discussions for getting the Invader badge, here is a way a team leader with the correct contact can quickly help one or multiple teammates to get the Invader badge and the associated stat increase:

On a character who had Lord Schweinzer as a contact, I selected the first (Atlas) Mayhem Mission. My teammate entered the mission, got the exploration badge, and exited the mission via whatever truck or manhole was marked as the mission exit. (No attempt was made to add more time to the mission timer.) Then I used the mission window to select a different mission and abandon the mayhem mission. Then I spoke with Lord Schweinzer and was prompted again to abandon the current mission, which I did, and then I was allowed to select the next Mayhem Mission.  We repeated the process with each subsequent Mayhem Mission until they were all done, and the teammate received the Invader badge.

It is recommended to have vidiotmaps for badge location, the reveal power from the pay2win vendor to reveal any maps that are covered by the fog of war, and Villain or Rogue alignment to qualify for the badge. Make sure anyone working toward the badge sees the notification as each exploration badge is awarded before moving to the next one. As mentioned in previous posts, if you are awarded a mission location that is far across the map, you can abandon it and possibly reacquire the mission at a closer map location.

=:PsiBug