Better for the market to sell there...

JasperStone

A lot of the things that get listed for 1 are bought by someone else who then vendors it.

Vendoring promotes inflation (in some small way) by reducing supply of goods (some of which have no economic utility anyway) by destroying the items vendored and creating inf out of nothing in their places.

I think this ^ is true, but also not a big deal for most things. The only drops I think might be a significant point would be common invention recipes. Supply of common and uncommon salvage aren't a problem -- if there was even more it would just drive the market prices further down towards or below the vendor value.

Invention set recipes, I hope most of these get sold on the market and converted into items people find useful to slot and listed for resale. We need more Player D's, always. More supply + more competition -> lower prices for everyone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Every single person can be Player D.  I have written a dozen guides about how to be Player D.  The more Player Ds, the more Market PvP, the lower prices get.

If there is price gouging, it is simply because other people are either too uneducated or too unmotivated to stop it.

Be Player D.

It's like cake.  I can make my own cake which will be cheaper but more time consuming, or I can buy cake from the nice bakery which will be easier but more expensive.  Either way I get cake, which is a win for me.

What would be weird would be going to the bakery and yelling at them for 'price gouging' because they offered me the option to pay for their turning-flour-eggs-butter-and-sugar-into-cake service and get delicious cake on demand.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

8 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

1.  The clunky Auction house interface that requires me to drag and drop and click the quantity accept button to put everything in the AH.  Then add the extra step of putting the price a bunch of times.

If you set your salvage window to the invention salvage tab, then sort by amount descending (in the bottom right), then always move the top left entry, you don't need to touch the quantity slider, other than setting the first stack to the highest value you can. You can accept that window with the enter key.

I've also found, as long as I'm selling everything for the same price (12 inf, usually), I never need to change the price again...

Edited by Lines
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 12:30 PM, JasperStone said:

Is it better for the game economy to sell on the market?

I sell a lot of items while in my base ...do those back to the game or are they... poof gone?

To answer the first question...it depends on how you define "better for the game economy". 

First, we must choose if we want a lot of goods available for purchase. It usually stands to reason, the more good there are, the cheaper they will be, as a bountiful supply generally satiates demand, with goods left over, making those goods more affordable for the other players. 

Do cheaper goods suggest a "better" game economy? 

I'm pretty sure most folks who buy those goods would say yes. At least, it's good for them. For the sellers..maybe it's better if the goods are higher priced. 

As a rule of thumb, I will vendor the common (referred to by many folks as "white") salvage. The uncommon (yellow) I almost always sell on the AH due to the shenanigans that tend to occur in the niche. So, I can usually make more than I would from the vendor. It's not really enough to be worth the time to put it in the AH, but it will at least be cheaper than it would be otherwise. I know the devs have seeded uncommon salvage at 100k, but I don't think it should ever be more than 2k, which is why I sell it for less than 2k. If I get more, great. If I get less, that's okay too. 

I will vendor all common IO recipes. It makes almost no sense to ever craft them unless there's a badge to be had, as they sell for less than the crafting cost in most cases. 

I will also vendor all the SOs, unless it's a special challenge character. But typically, SOs after level 30-35 are just trash, and I have IOs in place before then, so they're trash to me. Vendor 'em, get 'em out of the way. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I'm pretty sure most folks who buy those goods would say yes. At least, it's good for them. For the sellers..maybe it's better if the goods are higher priced. 

In an eeny-weeny game economy like this one, the sellers are also buyers of the same stuff. Once people have enough capital to enter the market, they can pretty much sustain themselves there as balanced buyers and sellers with relative ease, regardless of where the pricing is at. Compared with the live servers and many other MMOs, the entry capital needed for using the market is very low, which is what I think makes it healthy.

I wouldn't apply that logic to real life.

• Thumbs Up 1