Samaritan

I stumbled across this, having heard nothing previously.  Based solely on the trailer, I'm liking what I see.

Sylvester Stallone is an old man just getting along in a crime-ridden city.  A neighborhood child begins to suspect he may be a long-thought-dead superpowered vigilante.

Just a warning:  the editors of this video apparently never studied minimalism in school.  There will be major spoilers for those who prefer to go in to a movie with minimal info.

• Like 1

Looks like it will be good. I'll have to watch it when it comes out. But yeah, they kind of gave away a lot of the movie. Might have been intentional to draw interest though. I hear Super-heroes are hot tickets right now.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

• 2 weeks later

Samaritan was good. A really gritty action superhero movie with some deep underlying themes and more depth to the story that the trailer did not give away. I really enjoyed it.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Just arrived on Prime.
And let's face it.  Stallone has ALWAYS been a frackin' superhuman.
So it's not like this is a huge stretch.

This is the story of a conflict between two superhuman brothers and the legend(s) it spawned.
It's also a discovery that what we THINK we know isn't always true.
And that, sometimes, the conflict of Good and Evil hits a lot closer to home .

I enjoyed this.  Hell, it's superhero fare right?

It is, by NO means, perfect.  Most of the shortcomings in the story are almost mandated by the budget and the need to maintain secrecy up until the end.

Still.  It's worth a watch.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

31 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

I enjoyed it.  Ending was predictable, but a good movie regardless. 

Spoilers! No, really.

Spoiler

The reveal that Joe was Nemesis and not Samaritan at the end wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting Nemesis to return and join forces for a good ole fashion smackdown of a pretender. I thought it was a nice plot twist.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

It was a good distraction for a couple of hours.  Still, I would have liked more on the world regarding metahumans/supers in general - it seemed like the 2 were the first in this particular world?  The whole "special hammer" thing seemed like an odd addition as well.  Still, good to see something different.

Spoiler

The fact that the opening showed Nemesis as the one building something, how Joe  was working on stuff the whole time, and how he reacted to them finding and using the hammer was a dead giveaway, IMHO...