Click in chat to target

Starhammer

So in the chaos of a Hami raid, when someone needs an EOE, it's a pain to try and find their name in the league window, at least quickly. Same can be said for other situations. To that end, I would like to (or at least have the option to) target someone when I click their name in chat. That way I can quickly and easily hit my follow button to get to them and give them whatever they need.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, biostem said:

I think if you have someone targeted, you can right click an inspiration and choose the "give to ___" option.  You have to be fairly close to them, though...

Yes. The difficulty is finding them to target in the first place, among potentially 48 names that are too small to read unless the league window is large enough to be taking up inappropriate screen space. By being able to target them simply by clicking their name in chat (which already allows other functions), it's faster and easier to target an ally seeking assistance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starhammer said:

Yes. The difficulty is finding them to target in the first place, among potentially 48 names that are too small to read unless the league window is large enough to be taking up inappropriate screen space. By being able to target them simply by clicking their name in chat (which already allows other functions), it's faster and easier to target an ally seeking assistance.

There are potential issues/exploits with being able to gift inspirations from such a distance.  You could always target them from the league window, hit follow, then gift it to them...

I'm not suggesting gifting from a distance, and the difficulty of looking for a tiny name among 48 others is what I'm seeking a solution to. Is that not clear in my original post? I'm asking to be able to Target the player by clicking their name in the chat. Or are you just yanking my chain and I'm not getting it?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Starhammer said:

I'm not suggesting gifting from a distance, and the difficulty of looking for a tiny name among 48 others is what I'm seeking a solution to. Is that not clear in my original post? I'm asking to be able to Target the player by clicking their name in the chat. Or are you just yanking my chain and I'm not getting it?

My bad.  I though you just wanted to click their name -> gift the insp.  Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1