Whatever happened to Fire/Rad trollers???

The_Warpact

Everyone already did them 😛

Also, @Area Man don't need the kin, 8 AMs+ assault = 280% damage boost, 100% base, and then only 20% slotted to hit the troller damage cap. The kin doesn't really bring anything to an all fire/rad team besides some resistance via ID (they should have IW in the epic for mez as a fire/rad (esp with that dumb 5s lockout AFTER a mez wears off), and already basically speed cap with 8 AMs.. A better support addition for the last slot would be like, well it really doesn't *need* much of anything, but absorb helps, max hp helps, and more -resistance/damage helps (or just actual damage like a blaster). But where i'm getting at, is another fire/rad would be better than fire/kin for the 8th slot, so no need to ruin the super team!

22 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

Everyone already did them 😛

Also, @Area Man don't need the kin, 8 AMs+ assault = 280% damage boost, 100% base, and then only 20% slotted to hit the troller damage cap. The kin doesn't really bring anything to an all fire/rad team besides some resistance via ID (they should have IW in the epic for mez as a fire/rad (esp with that dumb 5s lockout AFTER a mez wears off), and already basically speed cap with 8 AMs.. A better support addition for the last slot would be like, well it really doesn't *need* much of anything, but absorb helps, max hp helps, and more -resistance/damage helps (or just actual damage like a blaster). But where i'm getting at, is another fire/rad would be better than fire/kin for the 8th slot, so no need to ruin the super team!

Which is why the 7th spot on the Time Force II competition was a Fire/Force Field.  Keep in mind this was same issue IOs first came out.  Sets weren't a thing yet iirc just the basic generic IOs.  Cold was redside only, Time didn't exist yet so FF was there to buff defense.  IO sets and Incarnates would make things very different these days.

4 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Which is why the 7th spot on the Time Force II competition was a Fire/Force Field.  Keep in mind this was same issue IOs first came out.  Sets weren't a thing yet iirc just the basic generic IOs.  Cold was redside only, Time didn't exist yet so FF was there to buff defense.  IO sets and Incarnates would make things very different these days.

Yeah don't forget 8 maneuvers and cj/weave each would be 41% defense too, so granting just the 3% defense uniques easily hit the base defense cap, and with 8 maneuvers, they wouldn't have any need for radiation infection at all either. The only actual rad powers really would be fire cages, and hotfeet, maybe bonfire for more aoe damage, and char/ring as an attack for tough bosses and avs. And of course imps. And team tp would just make it fun lol.

Forgot about smoke too. Honestly that and maneuvers from each would pass the incanrate degense cap easily. 8 smokes is 30% base, and 8 manuevers is 21.04% base about 32% slotted. Unslotted smoke against +3s (50+1) is 19.5%, so that's about at lowest 51% defense. Easy mode with IW/MoB from the epics for psy and mez too. Fun times.

Also, yeah best thing for that 7th slot WOULD be /ea, because I forgot about the imps, no kb protection. One faraday would fix that, cause the kb protection from ID isn't is stupidly not in the aoe. There REALLY should be more options for kb protection for pets and ally buffs. Maybe at least a kb protection io for pets or simply to allow your bonuses to transfer to them (especially for MMs)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later
On 8/22/2022 at 9:57 AM, Herotu said:

That's the opposite of what I like, everybody constantly wants rebuffing and healing! Ugh! Not to mention anchors! Stop killing my anchors! OMG, the mechanics of support are HORRIBLE!

In case you don't know: the anchor stays active for quite a while after the critter dies. On a team that moves quick enough to defeat your anchor, the entire spawn will be down before the debuff actually expires. So the anchor still benefits the team.

Focus on healing yourself and if they want healing they can stand next to you.

Personally I got burnt out on my Fire/Rad because every time I got mezzed the toggles all drop (including Hot Feet and Choking Cloud) then the imps die and I have to spend another 10 secs turning everything back on & re-summoning.

Back on Live my Grav/Kin Cute Kinetic often duo'd with Li'l Rad the Fire/Rad. We called it the Cute & Rad Show and we were unstoppable! Good times.

3 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

In case you don't know: the anchor stays active for quite a while after the critter dies. On a team that moves quick enough to defeat your anchor, the entire spawn will be down before the debuff actually expires. So the anchor still benefits the team.

Focus on healing yourself and if they want healing they can stand next to you.

Personally I got burnt out on my Fire/Rad because every time I got mezzed the toggles all drop (including Hot Feet and Choking Cloud) then the imps die and I have to spend another 10 secs turning everything back on & re-summoning.

Back on Live my Grav/Kin Cute Kinetic often duo'd with Li'l Rad the Fire/Rad. We called it the Cute & Rad Show and we were unstoppable! Good times.

The toggles don't drop now but because of the stupid suppression you still get mega screwed quite often, basically forced to go psy epic for the mez protection.

I agree too while rad can be very nice, the toggles can be annoying every mob too, but at least they're faster to cast now.