What to do with Empyrean Merits in the future...

Spectral

1 hour ago, Astralock said:

That's because there are a lot of people who chase the meta.  Titan Weapons is still very good now.  It's just no longer brokenly overpowered.  You know what is overpowered now?  Energy Melee.  So the people who played Titan Weapons back in 2019 and 2020 are playing Energy Melee now.  Not because Titan Weapons is bad now, but because Energy Melee is the new overpowered meta.  They'll always chase the most minmax option.  I mean, you have people who (wrongly), claim that any Advanced Difficulty TF or SF simply cannot be done without at least one (preferably two) Cold Domination characters on the team.  Why?  Because Cold Domination is overpowered.  Nerf it to just very good (which should have been done years ago), and they'd just glomp on to whatever the next overpowered support set is.

So that people are no longer playing Titan Weapons isn't really a condemnation of the rework done to it, it's more a sideeffect of the "must be overpowered" mentality at work.  I.e., many people weren't playing Titan Weapons because they liked it.  They played it because it was overpowered.  Now they play the new overpowered power set, until the next overpowered power set comes along.

EM is NOT OP. It LITERALLY only deletes in ST, how, in any situation, is that OP? and that's the main thing for EM, hit hard and fast, but only in ST.

Let me set the scene: The current meta, for any who min/max in any capacity AT ALL, is AoE. EM is king of ST.

Edited by Seed22
  • Thumbs Up 6

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

That's why I feel that all this head-banging over minutia is pretty much like pulling a knife on someone because their lifeboat on the Titanic is a prettier color than yours.  This isn't setting out a constitution and framework for a game and a series of games that will spread throughout the universe spreading peace and love.  This is a small town, with a small number of officials who will do what they want.  People might move here because they like the school district, but everyone seems to be angry at someone else who isn't following the HOA rules.

I've mixed too many metaphors.  I'm gonna lie down for a bit.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|