What to do with Empyrean Merits in the future...

Spectral

1 minute ago, America's Angel said:

Golden rule of correcting someone's math online, you will do it wrong. (As both you and I have just shown, @Neiska)

Here's the revised:

(8,285,670/224) x 60 = ~2.22m inf per minute.

Lol.. yep! Is it friday yet?

So 2.22m inf/minute, lets see, thats -

122,247,590 inf/hour,

611,372,950 inf/5 hours, (with 3 active farmers)

or 407,581,966 inf/5 hours with 2 farmers and power leveling 1 alt.

Still not a billion in 5 hours! Not even Half that! 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neiska said:

Lol.. yep! Is it friday yet?

So 2.22m inf/minute, lets see, thats -

122,247,590 inf/hour,

611,372,950 inf/5 hours, (with 3 active farmers)

or 407,581,966 inf/5 hours with 2 farmers and power leveling 1 alt.

Still not a billion in 5 hours! Not even Half that! 😆

I'm freelance. So my life is a neverending "week" of brain fog and deadlines and mathfails. :classic_biggrin:

A billion in five hours should be possible, though.

A decent active farming rad/fire can clear an asteroid map in 3 minutes. So that's 5.8 every 3 mins. Or 116mil per hour.

An AFK Farmer rad/fire pulls in 4.2-4.4 million per map. They can do 12 in an hour. So that's ~52.8mil each, for a total of ~105.6mil per hour.

Add those together and you get ~221.6mil per hour. So in five hours you'd be looking at ~1.1bil inf.

Realistically it'd be slightly lower than that due to load times and resets. (Plus, active farmers clearing every 3 mins and AFKers clearing every 5 mins means either your active farmer or AFK farmers aren't running at 100%). Lore will speed up the active some, but not enough to completely offset this. But overall I'd be confidant in saying a player can earn around 1 bil in 5 hours of farming using this pretty common 1 active + 2 AFK method.

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

42 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

I'm freelance. So my life is a neverending "week" of brain fog and deadlines and mathfails. :classic_biggrin:

A billion in five hours should be possible, though.

A decent active farming rad/fire can clear an asteroid map in 3 minutes. So that's 5.8 every 3 mins. Or 116mil per hour.

An AFK Farmer rad/fire pulls in 4.2-4.4 million per map. They can do 12 in an hour. So that's ~52.8mil each, for a total of ~105.6mil per hour.

Add those together and you get ~221.6mil per hour. So in five hours you'd be looking at ~1.1bil inf.

Realistically it'd be slightly lower than that due to load times and resets. (Plus, active farmers clearing every 3 mins and AFKers clearing every 5 mins means either your active farmer or AFK farmers aren't running at 100%). Lore will speed up the active some, but not enough to completely offset this. But overall I'd be confidant in saying a player can earn around 1 bil in 5 hours of farming using this pretty common 1 active + 2 AFK method.

Yea, but that's still comparing apples to oranges though.

You are talking about 3 different accounts playing 3 different maps, 1 active and 2 afk farmers, all combining their net total gain. 3 separate teams basically.

I am talking about 3 different accounts on the same map, one single team.

And someone else was saying that someone could powerlevel someone from 1 to 50, and still make 1 billion inf in that timeframe.

To put that into context, that would be like me comparing 3 different trials, adding up the net gain, and using that as a baseline.

3 maps vs 1 map isn't the same thing, as far as inf gain/hour is concerned.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Krimson said:

I can certainly make a 50 in about two hours, but a billion INF? That's like closer to 12 hours. But I only have two accounts.

You can level from 1 to 50 in two hours? Dare I ask how? I think my fastest time was 5 and a half hours or so, that was farming with 1 farmer and 1 alt in AE with 2x booster on.

5 minutes ago, Neiska said:

You can level from 1 to 50 in two hours? Dare I ask how? I think my fastest time was 5 and a half hours or so, that was farming with 1 farmer and 1 alt in AE with 2x booster on.

20 maps (might have become 21 maps, something went wonky once,) from 1 to 50. 6 mins per map. 120 mins. 2 hours. But that's trucking it with only one or two quicky smoke breaks. That was my standard for leveling an alt for ages. I'm sure maps with large numbers of helper NPCs probably goes faster. I'm sure that better farmers than my fire/claws are also faster.

2 hours to 50 seems very normal.

• City Council
Just now, Luminara said:

Apparently, the answer to the question of what we're going to do with Empyreans in the future is... hijack threads with pointless, off-topic arguments about farming.

🙄

Goshdarnit Luminara, I was just about to come in and say this!

Also, please lay off of each other's faces. You have been at this for a month. I would hope that the vitriol could therefore decrease.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

20 maps (might have become 21 maps, something went wonky once,) from 1 to 50. 6 mins per map. 120 mins. 2 hours. But that's trucking it with only one or two quicky smoke breaks. That was my standard for leveling an alt for ages. I'm sure maps with large numbers of helper NPCs probably goes faster. I'm sure that better farmers than my fire/claws are also faster.

2 hours to 50 seems very normal.

I guess I am far better at making moneys than leveling alts then! 😆

I am not disbelieving; I am surprised honestly. What map I run usually depends on what I am playing. For my Robot MM team, I run the Asteroid. For my Demon MM team, I run Night at the Movies. If I am leveling an alt, I play my two savage/bio brutes with my alt in the background, usually on the asteroid map. I usually do it for an hour or so before I get bored and take a break. I am used to MM farming so much that Tank or Brute farming is a snoozefest by comparison, I can only do it for so long before I get sleepy and do something else. Then come back to the alt at a later time.

11 minutes ago, GM Widower said:

Also, please lay off of each other's faces. You have been at this for a month. I would hope that the vitriol could therefore decrease.

It wasn’t me this time! 

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

28 minutes ago, GM Widower said:

Proper vitriol takes time to simmer before it reaches full potency; we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

56 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Yea, but that's still comparing apples to oranges though.

You are talking about 3 different accounts playing 3 different maps, 1 active and 2 afk farmers, all combining their net total gain. 3 separate teams basically.

I am talking about 3 different accounts on the same map, one single team.

And someone else was saying that someone could powerlevel someone from 1 to 50, and still make 1 billion inf in that timeframe.

To put that into context, that would be like me comparing 3 different trials, adding up the net gain, and using that as a baseline.

3 maps vs 1 map isn't the same thing, as far as inf gain/hour is concerned.

All I claimed was 500m-1b in 5 hours. I was correct. I did not specify number of... Whatever. It's absolutely easy to do.

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

32 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You'd think but if anything the vitriol across the entire forum has only seemed to increase over time. And that's WITH me posting less and less.

Spurious correlation that you posting less causes more flame.

You are now required to post more to reduce overall flame .

Get on it.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

All I claimed was 500m-1b in 5 hours. I was correct. I did not specify number of... Whatever. It's absolutely easy to do.

Orly?

image.thumb.png.bd0dd36f93399248e42daec39f2461ea.png

You tried to insinuate that it is possible to both farm a character from 1 to 50 and make 1 billion in 5 hours. Which has been proven to be BS. You can get to level 50 in 5 hours yes. And you can make 1 billion, if you use 3 separate farmers on 3 separate maps. But suggesting you take 1 alt, and 1 active farmer, on the same map, and making both level 50 and 1 billion in 5 hours is entirely false. The only way that is possible is using other outside AFK farmers to artificially boost your INF to make that possible, which shouldn't even be in the equation. 

Now if you don't mind, stop citing things you made up, and go "I cited stuff elsewhere, my reputation says so" And let's let it rest as GM Widow asks. Yes?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, GM Widower said:

Pfffffft.  So long as farming is a thing, people will always be trying to spin narratives about the supposed outlandish benefits it provides in order to get *insert farming method here* gutted.  Even when their own math refutes their claims.

The only way you'll silence the vitriol is to start swinging the banhammer at anyone who brings this topic up.

18 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

In fact, while I said its not optimal, disallowing emp to merit will reduce inflation, keep equilibrium prices stable and diversify market interaction in healthy ways.

Converting Emps to Reward Merits isn't inflationary, any more than using RMs to buy converters or recipes is inflationary.  Emp to RM conversion increases the supply of goods, not inf.  If anything, it's deflationary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

39 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Orly?

image.thumb.png.bd0dd36f93399248e42daec39f2461ea.png

You tried to insinuate that it is possible to both farm a character from 1 to 50 and make 1 billion in 5 hours. Which has been proven to be BS. You can get to level 50 in 5 hours yes. And you can make 1 billion, if you use 3 separate farmers on 3 separate maps. But suggesting you take 1 alt, and 1 active farmer, on the same map, and making both level 50 and 1 billion in 5 hours is entirely false. The only way that is possible is using other outside AFK farmers to artificially boost your INF to make that possible, which shouldn't even be in the equation. 

Now if you don't mind, stop citing things you made up, and go "I cited stuff elsewhere, my reputation says so" And let's let it rest as GM Widow asks. Yes?

I did not specify a certain number, which you proved by quoting me.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

Converting Emps to Reward Merits isn't inflationary, any more than using RMs to buy converters or recipes is inflationary.  Emp to RM conversion increases the supply of goods, not inf.  If anything, it's deflationary.

It is because it is out of balance with with currency destruction.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, SwitchFade said:

I did not specify a certain number, which you proved by quoting me.

No, you stated some numbers you completely made up, failed to prove the math, handwaved math proving you wrong, and now are playing semantical word games.

Your argument literally is - "It is possible to get X amount if I run 3 different accounts doing 3 different things and combine my efforts. Thus, it should be nerfed, and screw over the 99% of people who do not play that extreme. No, I won't prove it. You just have to trust me."

That is like saying we should outlaw owning a car because there are drunk drivers. Your math, nor suggestion, doesn't hold water.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

It is because it is out of balance with with currency destruction.

Is it?  I suspect that most Emps that are cashed in for RMs will be spent on converters etc and sold on the market, which immediately removes 10% of the sale price from the game.  I guess some might be converted into recipes and crafted for use, but people who are farming Emps probably don't go in for that kind of inefficiency.

Again, I really don't see a mechanism by which adding extra RMs to the game is inflationary.  Would doubling the RM awards for all TFs and story arcs also cause inflation?

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!