Shield Customization Suggestions

That Ninja

On 8/16/2022 at 5:06 AM, Rudra said:

You will probably say I am way off, but this is like asking to have Battle Axe with invisible/no battleaxe.

Sounds like a ThunderSpy thing.

22 hours ago, Akisan said:

even a Psi/Shield scrapper blunting or blocking blows using Telekinesis

I would hope that this would still have a visual of some sort.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:31 PM, That Ninja said:

1. Invisible Shield/No Shield Option

your character is still going to go through the shield animations regardless of if you have a shield or not. 

Watch how the shield arm moves and think about how that will look without a shield on it.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

4 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

On 8/20/2022 at 7:37 AM, Akisan said:

even a Psi/Shield scrapper blunting or blocking blows using Telekinesis

I would hope that this would still have a visual of some sort.

That would be nice, yes.  Borrowing from some of the support sets' particle effects (a barrier around you), or an animated, floating shield (bonus points if it reacts to attacks with a blocking animation) would both be good ways to represent this.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 1:33 PM, Akisan said:

That would be nice, yes.  Borrowing from some of the support sets' particle effects (a barrier around you), or an animated, floating shield (bonus points if it reacts to attacks with a blocking animation) would both be good ways to represent this.

Lights up when it gets hit? nice.

Hmm... maybe give it a bubble as an alternate animation? weird but ... when you use powers that give teammates defense, they get auto bubbled with the lessor bubble as well. transparent until it gets hit!

Edited by UltraAlt
"them" to "team mates"
  • Thumbs Up 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:14 AM, Tiger Shadow said:

I want a shieldless option so I can use emotes without turning off my defensive powers.

You can use emotes with your shield.  You need to first do an emote that shield is allowed to use,  dont move from that spot,  and then use an emote that shield isnt allowed to use.  I couldnt find an emote that doesnt work with this method.  And one of the emotes is neutral stance,  just hit that first then use another emote and it can fire off without your character having to perform a different animated action.

• Thanks 1

This is a great idea..

I have zero clue why some people ( actually one) always try to create drama on these post..  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Lights up when it gets hit? nice.

Hmm... maybe give it a bubble as an alternate animation? weird but ... when you use powers that give teammates defense, they get auto bubbled with the lessor bubble as well. transparent until it gets hit!

There were requests for a personal force field secondary that wasn't the support set some where. This could work well for it. A force shield is still a shield after all, and in comics routinely get used in ways that mesh well with the set's powers.

On 8/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, Akisan said:

Not sure having the shield move to actually intercept attacks is possible. Would be nice, but not sure it can be done. As mentioned previously, a hovering shield following the character also works. And having it float around the character could explain why the character gets the benefits of the shield without it being able to intercept attacks.

• Thumbs Up 1