Happy Anniversary! ​🎉​

Vanden

Today marks two years to the day that I sent the email to myself that I reply to in order to make transferring items between alts faster!

Capture.PNG.913cbfbea846b8068c34374185622a50.PNG

Happy Anniversary, email! Here's to many more years of saving me clicks!

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Up 5

• Vanden changed the title to Happy Anniversary! ​🎉​

I increased my laziness by making several emails with the name of what im sending in the subject line.  So i reply to 'influence' or 'hero merit' or 'transcendent merit'  and a few others for common stuff that i move around the email.  Mine arent 2 years old though.  Yours can walk and put together small sentences for your convenience at that age.

• Haha 2

Most of my self emails say "asdf" or "werwec" or possibly " asdfvcawerfv" if I'm feeling really energetic that day.

• Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Mine just says: "Sorry you died. Here's a wakie"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I send all my inf to @Yomo and you should too.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

11 hours ago, tidge said:

My account's self-emails usually have one of two subject lines:

Live Again! (for resurrection inspirations)

Start Spending, Start Earning (for influence bootstrapping)

Mine just says CASH.  But I did keep one that @Oklahoman sent me once for getting the kill shot on the drop ship, not sure why.  Maybe someday he'll luck out when I want to send a proc or something and click that email accidentally.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Mine says a Nigerian Prince has left me funds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

"I hop these email find you well. I am Cimeroran prince with access to great funds that requires only particular amount of Inf to get Nictus to release funds. PLease leav Inf at front desk of MIDNIGHTER CLUB and your generosity will be REWARDED."

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I ship recipes, salvage and influence around to my alts all day long and yet I never even thought to E-Mail myself inspirations in the event I needed one, how dumb can I be (apparently on a sliding scale its currently a seven).  Well the forums taught me something that I already knew and I need to E-Mail @Yomo Kimyata for fun and profit (mostly profit).

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

10 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Mine just says CASH.  But I did keep one that @Oklahoman sent me once for getting the kill shot on the drop ship, not sure why.  Maybe someday he'll luck out when I want to send a proc or something and click that email accidentally.

Darn, you've discovered my reasoning for using email rather than the trade function!

• Haha 2

On 8/16/2022 at 6:15 PM, Vanden said:

Today marks two years to the day that I sent the email to myself that I reply to in order to make transferring items between alts faster!

Capture.PNG.913cbfbea846b8068c34374185622a50.PNG

Happy Anniversary, email! Here's to many more years of saving me clicks!

Now you're going to have to remember to bump this ever year.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

• 11 months later
On 8/16/2022 at 2:53 PM, Spaghetti Betty said:

Only if I get a reply with more than what I sent.

Hold up a second there's something in this that would be awesome.

Send Inf to someone, they invest the inf in the market like a broker, and you get returns on the inf in the form of dividends. You can also cash out your inf and just get a lump sum if you so choose. Addin in that RL market flavor baby!

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|