Page 4 experiences so far...

KaizenSoze

2 hours ago, Supertanker said:

Buffing Invulnerability was hilarious but I'll take it. I was able to drop all my Psi Resist IOs and still end up with higher numbers than before.

resist.jpg.9ae3404e8548f9ca2b8e15010f7b4cc3.jpg

Excited to completely reconstruct my build, had 70%ish on psi before the patch and now that'll mean I can probably grab another hard cap somewhere. All kinds of possibilities now!

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Honestly? I wonder if it's still not on the "too much" side for an arc that people are absolutely going solo, and likely on characters that won't be as solidly equipped as Kestrel is. I suspect we're going to hear about a lot of people auto-completing that one because it's just a wall they can't get past.

Could be.  It's pretty brutal.  I soloed it this morning and it felt . . .  weird going from a group of Ravenna that were wimps to the next group having three EB's.

On a side note, just ran the ITF on Advanced Difficulty and, at one point, most of the team died and about five people had their games crash simultaneously.  They filed bug reports.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• City Council
2 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

On a side note, just ran the ITF on Advanced Difficulty and, at one point, most of the team died and about five people had their games crash simultaneously.  They filed bug reports.

I see them, thank you for sending in crash dumps. Looks like they all have basically the same stack trace, too, which should hopefully make this an easy fix.

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

The aggro changes from what I understand we to make the mobs behavior more realistically. A patrol would just wander by if you were aggroed capped.

An active farmer does need to change at least in the farms I use. I have 45% fire defense and 90% fire resists.

AE ID: 50968 You can stand in the center if you can handle it or hug the edges. The decoys should get most of the mobs to come within range in time.

Also, the mobs should give full exp. I updated the mobs before the page dropped.

This is actually a boon to active farmers, less effort to pull mobs.

Yeah ... making the mobs behave in a different way after 18+ years feels like an excuse to stop badwrongfun. But adjustment is on the menu now, so it is what it is.

I'm an AFK farmer and I can still do the Brigg map if I stand on the edge so less things see me at once. And I can easily survive without changing maps if I'm active. So again ... it feels like something else. I do make less influence a map but I never checked my farmer more than every 20 mins, so I still clear most of it.

I will take a look at 50968 I guess. Can't hurt. If I can make more XP active driving on that one, it will make my "forced to play their way" bouts more lucrative, and just play the non-used account only when friends are on.

I might also take a look at some of the old school active farms that are non-AE. I have stabled characters that can blitz a lot of them. So I cant play a lowbie anymore I guess while an alt gets vet levels, at least not as quickly (my rate was always slow).

Thanks for the response and for new maps though. Cheers!

My personal gripe is with the sound fx changes on aoe powers. Powers like radiation therapy and dna siphon are so much less satisfying to use now, they are barely audible. If there was one thing I'd revert from this update it would be that.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, Parabola said:

My personal gripe is with the sound fx changes on aoe powers. Powers like radiation therapy and dna siphon are so much less satisfying to use now, they are barely audible. If there was one thing I'd revert from this update it would be that.

I would suggest making a post where you specifically mention any powers that are now too quiet, perhaps they could be boosted up slightly.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, PorkTips said:

Yeah ... making the mobs behave in a different way after 18+ years feels like an excuse to stop badwrongfun. But adjustment is on the menu now, so it is what it is.

It's always annoyed me that mobs will just stand around completely ignoring you punching the crap out of their friends just a few feet away.  I'm loving the change.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

11 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Heat-seeking ambushes are just hell on Stalkers. Way to invalidate an AT's entire "thing" there, game.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of “your stealth is totally irrelevant” ambushes.  It’s much more fun when an ambush arrives, looks around, and then just stands there like, “Why were we sent here, anyway?”  while my stalker stands right there next to them.

A close second is when the ambush arrives and runs past my stalker on their way to where he used to be.

Anyway—this arc resulted in a couple of deaths even at +1/x8 (and then turned down to x4) for my fully T4’d DP/MA blaster who usually burns through, say, the DA incarnate content (or did pre-patch).  

The biggest issue I had, though, was that there’s a spot in the last mission where I had no idea for a while where the heck I was supposed to go.  There was no map available (boo!) and the exit from the room was fairly hidden.  I eventually found it, and now I know where it is if I run the arc again, but it was a serious, “Well, WTF am I supposed to do now?” moment there for a while.  There really should be a map available.

The other thing that confused me was the part of one mission where you have to go back and “guard” the door (basically, clear out new spawns).  It’s so rare to have to retrace your steps in a mission that at first I thought there was another exit in the last room.  It might be useful to have a prompt of some sort indicating that yes, finishing the mission means going back to the original entrance.

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 1

So Far:

- Symphonic (or Symphony) Control - Awesome - Except the sound which I will once again point out sucks and is not symphonic (or Symphony).  Someone commented on accuracy.  I didn't notice any difference.  Remember, cones require more accuracy (and there are a lot of cones).  I made a Controller and a Dominator (like I did on Test) and am enjoying both flavors (buff or blast you decide).

- Change to aggro - I didn't really notice it much on Test but noticed it a little.  It wasn't a problem, it just made things . . . different which meant a little refreshing.  Good going.

- Removal of AE from AP (and that other place, somewhere in the Isles where nobody goes 🙂  ) - Twenty minutes of good clean fun listening to chat as the farm drones couldn't figure things out.  I bet if they left the building in AP but just shrank it they would still get lost.  People would politely tell them it had been removed then point out the other location options (The D and KR being near) and they were all "how get there" . . . glorious.

- Watching the crowds at iCon in AP trying out the new sheathed weapons.  That was pure happiness (as opposed to watching the world burn with the AE shtick).  I only have one blade wielder (cutlass pirate scrapper) and those aren't strapped to your back (not a gripe).  Seeing cats running with Nemesis staves or those giant twenty foot long swords' on their back was very . . . pleasing.

- DFB breaking was just amusing to me; again its about watching the world burn for a few seconds.  The devs are dealing with it and its not like its content you cant ever go back and do so the minor inconvenience just makes for great TV.

- I got an Aether drop but was to distracted to se what was what.  I never really tested the costume doodle stuff.

All in all what is there not to like.  Its a free game that continues to deliver new things (big or small) and while everything may not please everyone it should still be pleasing to everyone.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

It's always annoyed me that mobs will just stand around completely ignoring you punching the crap out of their friends just a few feet away.  I'm loving the change.

Its always annoying that mobs can stand in an explosion and not take damage because 15 of their friends already did.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zhym said:

Yeah, I’m not a fan of “your stealth is totally irrelevant” ambushes.  It’s much more fun when an ambush arrives, looks around, and then just stands there like, “Why were we sent here, anyway?”  while my stalker stands right there next to them.

This has always griped me about ambushes; they should be dispatched to the character's location, not targeted at the character. They should still have normal perception, so if you don't move far enough away (or they run past you) they should aggro, but if you're stealthed, they shouldn't have a target lock on you. And if they reach their target position and don't find anything, they should go on a random walk to see if they can find you nearby, not just stand there like idiots.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, Black Zot said:

So were the eardrum-blasting effects of Foot Stomp and Howling Twilight ACTUALLY fixed, or was that hot air?

Yeah, so hope your happy. Not sure what is so different from your eardrums from mine, but your team has successfully got yet another enjoyable aspect of the game nerfed. Grtz on that. Guess your team has truly super hearing, because not once have I ever thought it was hurting my eardrums. Makes me think you guys just play the game at super volumes or something. And I even wear headphones when I play...but I digress.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

49 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

This has always griped me about ambushes; they should be dispatched to the character's location, not targeted at the character. They should still have normal perception, so if you don't move far enough away (or they run past you) they should aggro, but if you're stealthed, they shouldn't have a target lock on you. And if they reach their target position and don't find anything, they should go on a random walk to see if they can find you nearby, not just stand there like idiots.

And there should be dialogue. 

"This guy just walked in and took out our entire base single-handed, right? Including, like, people way above our pay grade."

"Yeah."

"And the boss wants us to stop him."

"Uh-huh."

"So.  Do you see him anywhere?"

"No.  No, I most certainly do not."

"Good.  Let's go grab some coffee at Drenched Donuts.  I'll buy."

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

As far as typed damage goes, have not noticed a difference, but I always build for positional over typed.

As far as new aggro, it's made my farming a little more efficient, but not enough to go bonkers about.

AE leaving AP is a minor inconvenience, I just Team Teleport my alts to where I've set up shop and continue as I had.

I did roll a Symphony/Sonic controller... Probably will not be doing much with this (too many cones for my taste) but that pet is crazy, can accept any piece from *44* different IO sets.  That's a few.

Ran around on my Ice/Storm controller for a bit, digging the new Shiver, and the damage in Ice Slick is most welcome but I have to winder if the added damage/slotting is worth the extended cooldown, especially when Freezing Rain does more damage to more things more consistently on a 33% lower recharge.  

Got sidetracked levelling-up and slotting an Ice/Storm Corruptor I'd PL'd last year that was flagged by the name reservation thingy, so didn't do much else the rest of the evening P4 related.

So far, so good?

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

1 hour ago, ivanhedgehog said:

Its always annoying that mobs can stand in an explosion and not take damage because 15 of their friends already did.

Isn't the notion of throwing oneself on a grenade that the life of one's nearby buddies can be saved? Fifteen people leaping on it should be considerably more effective, no? 😛

• Like 1

One thing I DON'T like about P4 is the smug shitbreathing some people are doing about the confusion surrounding the sudden disappearance of AE from AP.  Hahaha, fuck those people who dared logging into your carefully gatekept ancient ass game, amirite?  Who needs em?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

11 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Isn't the notion of throwing oneself on a grenade that the life of one's nearby buddies can be saved? Fifteen people leaping on it should be considerably more effective, no? 😛

Isnt the notion that the superhero just trashed all the guards downstairs and didnt break a nail so maybe you should go to the restroom and take a break until they leave a thing? I am going to go attack a walking thermonuclear weapon with a baseball bat? are you kidding me?

2 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

Isnt the notion that the superhero just trashed all the guards downstairs and didnt break a nail so maybe you should go to the restroom and take a break until they leave a thing? I am going to go attack a walking thermonuclear weapon with a baseball bat? are you kidding me?

I admit to routinely wondering what is going through that that last guy's head while watching you pummel the next-to-the-last guy (penultimate) out of a group which started at a dozen or more since, sanely, when next-to-the-next-to-the-last (antepenultimate) guy was being beaten down he should have seriously considered running and sanely at the penultimate guy's beatdown is running.

But don't comics show people continuing to commit crime in Metropolis despite the presence of a guy who can see through anything not made of lead, move in the blink of an eye, fly through stars, can discriminate conversations being held on the other side of the planet, and is only vulnerable to radioactive rock from his home planet, red sun radiation, and magic--none of which are in great supply.

We have to take that while the universe seen looks a lot like ours, the population has distinctly different mental development/outlook. 

And don't even get me started on why people continue to willingly live in Paragon City. Gangs (some mystical, others hopped up on a mutagenic compound, and still others who have cyborged themselves ala Mad Max), burrows under the city filled with fascists and mystical malefactors, a dangerously deranged set of circus performers routinely in town and that before we get to large sections of the city utterly destroyed by aliens who still roam around. I would so very quickly be out of that town.

• Haha 1

I've discovered a bug with one of the Stances. Is this the place to report it?

I only have female characters, so I don't know if males are affected.

To see the bug, select Blitz Stance at a Tailor. 

Press A key to run left. You'll see the problem.

Edit:

Never mind, the problem seems to be gone.

Edited by tanglin

1 hour ago, roleki said:

One thing I DON'T like about P4 is the smug shitbreathing some people are doing about the confusion surrounding the sudden disappearance of AE from AP. 

It's not the confusion per se, it's the ongoing stream of people asking the same "Where did the AE building go?" over and over and over again until it becomes more obnoxious than the "sitter LF farm" spam was.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, srmalloy said:

It's not the confusion per se, it's the ongoing stream of people asking the same "Where did the AE building go?" over and over and over again until it becomes more obnoxious than the "sitter LF farm" spam was.

This.  Not saying there's no anti-farm smugness in there somewhere but mostly it's just lazy for people to hop in, click through the big dialog saying "Stuff just changed! Click here to find out what changed!" and then to stand there, slack-jawed, wondering where the AE building went?  Come on, folks.  Lift at least ONE finger to find out for yourself, yeah?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2