Page 4 experiences so far...

KaizenSoze

6 minutes ago, Supertanker said:

Getting that Prismatic Aether drop for the "Save Atlas Park" arc is some nice free money that will pay for SOs for a long time. I wonder what their price will settle at.

That stuff is somethin'. I got ONE of them from a L10 arc. Stuck it on the market just 'cuz. 30 Million. WHAT?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

2 hours ago, cranebump said:

That stuff is somethin'. I got ONE of them from a L10 arc. Stuck it on the market just 'cuz. 30 Million. WHAT?

It started at 120 mil. I feel a bit bad for the folks who tried to get on it so fast.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Number Six said:

Is there anyone at all who has ever set it above 15?

screenshot_220825-01-35-21.thumb.jpg.c6846fa713db1cefe90089699ae7a65f.jpg

Laptop master volume is generally at 20-24 (unless it's raining.  no insulation or ceiling between my ears and the roof (roof is thin corrugated steel over 1/2" OSB), and rain sounds like someone shooting cymbals with an assault rifle on full auto.  have to increase the volume to 66-75 to hear over the rain).  I'm not hearing impaired, the Realtek chip and speakers in this thing just aren't very good.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

17 hours ago, The Caretaker said:

That's changed in the pipe. All ambushes in Valeria's arc no longer chase you with impunity.

When I implement the chase feature in the future, itll be for assassin whambushes of 1 or 2 very ill tempered LTs, or the like.

Are they ill Tempered Sea Bass?

/puppydogeyes

Edited by Marshal_General

21 hours ago, Crysis said:

Been AFK farming all morning on my unmodified Spines/Fire vet farmer.  Thus far, haven’t noticed any issues.

How? My Rad/Fire brute with decent regen, capped Fire Res, and Capped fire defense, gets overwhelmed unless I stand on the edge of the map, which makes it take longer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PorkTips said:

How? My Rad/Fire brute with decent regen, capped Fire Res, and Capped fire defense, gets overwhelmed unless I stand on the edge of the map, which makes it take longer.

Hope I don't loose my fight club membership for this but, from what I gather from the "channels that don't exist", there have been things that are, well, rediscovered, or adapted. And those that know aren't giving details, because then those too will end up here as a "Nerf X thing" topic. I am sure things will get out eventually, but the things I am referring to people are being rather tight lipped on right now.

First rule of fight club and all that.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Hope I don't loose my fight club membership for this but, from what I gather from the "channels that don't exist", there have been things that are, well, rediscovered, or adapted. And those that know aren't giving details, because then those too will end up here as a "Nerf X thing" topic. I am sure things will get out eventually, but the things I am referring to people are being rather tight lipped on right now.

First rule of fight club and all that.

No problem. I have some non-ideal solutions that are solutions nonetheless, so all good I guess.

2 hours ago, PorkTips said:

Do you have accolades, multiple power transfer procs, and all the regen procs?

34 minutes ago, arcane said:

Do you have accolades, multiple power transfer procs, and all the regen procs?

I have my health 5 slotted with a panacea proc, a miracle proc, and the numina proc, and another numina health IO to get a regen set bonus, and a random level 50 heal IO for some reason. Thats about all I have. I guess I will try to make a second build that does better with regen. Not aware of the power transfer, but will check.

As a total aside, I wonder how long it will be before there is an updated Hero Designer. I'm still running a much older version than whatever is recent, I'm sure.

EDIT: no accolades or anything.

Edited by PorkTips

I have an honest question, directly relevant to this topic.

If "AE babies" are so prolific, that means there's either a sizeable permanently resident portion of the population which fits that profile; or there's a massive amount of turnover as players join, PL to 50+, leave shortly thereafter and are replaced by more new players who do the same thing; or this is all overblown drama.

So the question is, which of those is correct?  The first possibility confuses me, because it doesn't make any sense to pick up a game like this, blitz to "the end", then leave without ever actually doing anything, going anywhere, The second disturbs me, because it implies an enormous amount of traffic and interest in the game, potentially tens of thousands of players, but there's no other evidence supporting that possibility.  The third just means I need to break out the popcorn ostrich, and I'm cool with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

21 hours ago, Number Six said:

The weird thing is that after you reported that a while back, I triple checked the sound files, the fx files, everything for glowies and they are all *identical* to the original files from live.

So either it changed sometime before shutdown or something else is going on. Are you sure you didn't have a sound mod installed at some point or anything like that?

I can’t remember how things were on Live, but there also seem to be different categories of glowies.  Some make (relatively) loud noises, some make quieter noises, some make no noise at all.

no sound mods 

Who run Bartertown?

13 minutes ago, Luminara said:

The third just means I need to break out the popcorn ostrich, and I'm cool with that.

Overblown by who, though? (EDIT: I forgot to actually quote the part I meant to reply to. :) But you get what I mean. :) )

I've never AE'd any stranger lowbies, so I've never been involved with AE babies. I just farm for cash or whatever while playing an alt. Its kinda weird that the kind of people who actively fire farm and perhaps recruit AE babies are unaffected by (and mostly making money faster thanks to) the aggro changes. But those of us doing stuff an a tepid pace while afk took the actual hit. So its weird how all the drama is focused on the "leave me alone"ers like me.

Anyway, I'm sure the drama will blow over, and people will adapt and move forward. I'm going to continue to play paper dolls and power fantasy on my own, albeit at a slower pace. Maybe I'll find a better build and match my former slightly-less-tepid pace. Either way. :) Fun times.

And to focus on my positives a bit, I do really love symphony control, and sonic assault is pretty dope too. Been enjoying them. They are cool sets. I have at least a half-dozen more alts to make. :) And I dig a lot of the other changes too.

I give this issue 4 of 5 roses!!

Edited by PorkTips
forgot to quote the part I meant to quote :)
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cranebump said:

Those came down fast.  I know a few people who were able to sell some for 200 million each.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

20 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Did losing the "directional sound" effect we used to have alter it somehow?

On 4/30/2021 at 5:21 PM, Number Six said:

The only "solution" is to downgrade to windows XP, which isn't much of a solution at all. Microsoft removed DirectSound's 3D audio support in Windows Vista, both the hardware support and the software emulation.

Microsoft stopped support for the 3D Sound that the game used after Windows XP, when 3D Sound stopped working was when I began having trouble locating Glowies, and that was quite a while before shutdown. I actually had a 2G Video Card, an Aegia PhysX Co-Processor and a Yamaha 3D Sound Card and had no clue upgrading to Windows 7 was going to kill the Sound, oops. ( That was late 2009, early 2010 ), they had already ended support with Vista.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

If "AE babies" are so prolific, that means there's either a sizeable permanently resident portion of the population which fits that profile; or there's a massive amount of turnover as players join, PL to 50+, leave shortly thereafter and are replaced by more new players who do the same thing; or this is all overblown drama.

Drama.  The answer to any debate about this or almost any other game is always and forever drama.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PorkTips said:

But if you are truly AFK farming....what difference does a few minutes clear time make? 

If you are ACTIVE farming, I'm using my pre-patch build on an auto-timeout fire farm in AE and I can active farm clear it in the 5 minutes allotted before the mission resets. If I'm AFK farming, it's -always- taken longer than Active farming.  Might just be the maps I use.  But I'm not really getting overwhelmed at all.  I do tend to start farming right inside the entrance but I've always done that as I'm typically using my phone and ShadowPC to AFK farm while going about my normal business day.  Worked before, still working now.

35 minutes ago, Marine X said:
  On 4/30/2021 at 5:21 PM, Number Six said:

The only "solution" is to downgrade to windows XP, which isn't much of a solution at all. Microsoft removed DirectSound's 3D audio support in Windows Vista, both the hardware support and the software emulation.

Microsoft stopped support for the 3D Sound that the game used after Windows XP, when 3D Sound stopped working was when I began having trouble locating Glowies, and that was quite a while before shutdown. I actually had a 2G Video Card, an Aegia PhysX Co-Processor and a Yamaha 3D Sound Card and had no clue upgrading to Windows 7 was going to kill the Sound, oops. ( That was late 2009, early 2010 ), they had already ended support with Vista.

I remember missing the directional sound when it went away, but never actually knew for sure WHY it vanished when it did... I'd gotten a new machine and just chalked it up to the new sound card not supporting it where the older one had. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 8/24/2022 at 1:27 PM, Number Six said:

I kid you not I've seriously entertained the possibility of changing the in-game volume slider so that it goes from 1-10 instead of 1-100.

Or make the current 20 the new 100 at the very most.

Is there anyone at all who has ever set it above 15?

Can we change it to go 1-11?

Please. . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Marine X said:

Microsoft stopped support for the 3D Sound that the game used after Windows XP, when 3D Sound stopped working was when I began having trouble locating Glowies, and that was quite a while before shutdown. I actually had a 2G Video Card, an Aegia PhysX Co-Processor and a Yamaha 3D Sound Card and had no clue upgrading to Windows 7 was going to kill the Sound

Weird to see people spending $1000 or more on video cards and remember that PC audio hardware companies went out of business because nobody (except you and me, it looks like) were willing to buy actual sound cards instead of settling for the crappy onboard shit.

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 10:14 AM, ivanhedgehog said:

Isnt the notion that the superhero just trashed all the guards downstairs and didnt break a nail so maybe you should go to the restroom and take a break until they leave a thing? I am going to go attack a walking thermonuclear weapon with a baseball bat? are you kidding me?

But it’s aluminum.

• Haha 1

So far I like Symphony Control. It’s a little weird to hear a somewhat feminine voice coming from my old dude, but I rarely play with sound on anyway. After a break when we finished Frostfire I went back to listening to an audiobook as I soloed. My highest Symphony toon is now 17 and I quite like the look of these powers. Kudos to the animator(s) on that. Looks like that boss fight from Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Spoilers: 

The aggro thing though… hoo-doggies, that definitely changed things for me. My Controller could not initiate any fights without serious risk of being immediately taken out, especially on teams. Even then he was at high risk because everyone else on my team had the two sonic shields to mitigate damage. So yeah, folks were really getting a chance to use their rez powers last night. 😆

I switched to a lowbie Blaster for a while just to see how the aggro would fare there and it was a lot of edge-of-my-seat nailbitiing in the lower levels — which I’m not complaining about, but it was kind of sweaty after awhile, so I then switched to taking screenshots to chill out. Stalkers are my least favorite, so if it’s that bad for high-damage Blasters, I’m not sure I’ll be interested in taking them out much.

On the whole it seems okay to me. I really like the new Symphony powers, and that’s 90% of what I care about.

——

Edit: clarified that 17 is my highest Symphony toon, not highest overall. Despite my severe altitis I do have a couple 50s and several high-40s characters.

Edited by Trike
  • Like 1