Prismatic Aether Particles

Ukase

I'm quite surprised that price of aether didn't take off after the haloween event ended. We stay around 4M which seems surprisingly low to me. As a buyer i'm not going to complain.

Edited by Kobiboom

5 hours ago, Kobiboom said:

I'm quite surprised that price of aether didn't take off after the haloween event ended. We stay around 4M which seems surprisingly low to me. As a buyer i'm not going to complain.

Prices for Aethers were never going to go up from the Halloween event.  Supply from ToTing was able to keep up (and go over) the demand for the new costume items released.  There are many who still don't care about the costume items - even the newer stuff - and they sold their ToT'ing Aethers, which is why the market went down to 4M from the 7M each they were at the beginning of the event.  I am surprised it's hovering at 4M and not lower.  (Although, I have not checked since your post 5 hrs ago and prior to me typing this.)

The market for Aethers for will still continue to drop as those who wanted the new higher priced items mostly have them now and people continue to earn them from running content and putting them up on the market.  The few who still need them will get their own by running content and buying, but they are far less in numbers than those who sell - so it'll be a buyer's market.

I suspect the Devs may put in a few new costume items for the Christmas Holiday Event, which may cause the price of Aethers to level out a bit, but i suspect by springtime (or sooner) Aethers will be 1M or less each.

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Prices for Aethers were never going to go up from the Halloween event.  Supply from ToTing was able to keep up (and go over) the demand for the new costume items released.  There are many who still don't care about the costume items - even the newer stuff - and they sold their ToT'ing Aethers, which is why the market went down to 4M from the 7M each they were at the beginning of the event.  I am surprised it's hovering at 4M and not lower.  (Although, I have not checked since your post 5 hrs ago and prior to me typing this.)

The market for Aethers for will still continue to drop as those who wanted the new higher priced items mostly have them now and people continue to earn them from running content and putting them up on the market.  The few who still need them will get their own by running content and buying, but they are far less in numbers than those who sell - so it'll be a buyer's market.

I suspect the Devs may put in a few new costume items for the Christmas Holiday Event, which may cause the price of Aethers to level out a bit, but i suspect by springtime (or sooner) Aethers will be 1M or less each.

Wait and see ! Pretty sure that winter event will allow players to earn some aether like they did with ToT

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kobiboom said:

Wait and see ! Pretty sure that winter event will allow players to earn some aether like they did with ToT

Yes, there will most likely be something that awards extra Aethers for the Winter Event, but I am also guessing they will release some extra costumes that people might want - so the supply/demand will cancel each other out and the market will plateau for that time, as I've suggested.  

But if no new costume items come out and they give us opportunity to receive more Aethers from the event, then that will only cause the market to drop on them even faster.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later

Today they were at 4.5m, which is not abysmal.

I advised my friend (who was sitting on all 10 PAP's she picked up from the Halloween EB badges) that if they were listing at 3M or less, to sit on them longer, until the prices climbed back up.  They're still rare -enough- that lowbies can amass a decent stock of them, and simply wait until the market recovers.  Being Special salvage, they don't take up room in a character's salvage pack either, so there's no pressing need to unload them to make room for anything else.

New costume releases will definitely bring the price up as the 'want it now' crowd converts inf to costumes... but Winter Event will likely have rare drops as well as defeat badges, and that'll make the supply glut a bit as it did during ToT season.  So... *balance hands* we'll see.

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

I see PAPs going to 5m. Which I think it’ll stick at or around. More than selling boosters but still less than just outright flipping things with more work. I’ll compile the aether I have and make one last big sell in December when I think they’ll be unveiling the snowmen costumes and be done with the stuff

I'm really just kinda tired of being negative, so instead, I'll try being a little more like the opposite. Heard that leads to more of a fun time.