Prismatic Aether Particles

Ukase

5 hours ago, Kobiboom said:

I'm quite surprised that price of aether didn't take off after the haloween event ended. We stay around 4M which seems surprisingly low to me. As a buyer i'm not going to complain.

Prices for Aethers were never going to go up from the Halloween event.  Supply from ToTing was able to keep up (and go over) the demand for the new costume items released.  There are many who still don't care about the costume items - even the newer stuff - and they sold their ToT'ing Aethers, which is why the market went down to 4M from the 7M each they were at the beginning of the event.  I am surprised it's hovering at 4M and not lower.  (Although, I have not checked since your post 5 hrs ago and prior to me typing this.)

The market for Aethers for will still continue to drop as those who wanted the new higher priced items mostly have them now and people continue to earn them from running content and putting them up on the market.  The few who still need them will get their own by running content and buying, but they are far less in numbers than those who sell - so it'll be a buyer's market.

I suspect the Devs may put in a few new costume items for the Christmas Holiday Event, which may cause the price of Aethers to level out a bit, but i suspect by springtime (or sooner) Aethers will be 1M or less each.

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Prices for Aethers were never going to go up from the Halloween event.  Supply from ToTing was able to keep up (and go over) the demand for the new costume items released.  There are many who still don't care about the costume items - even the newer stuff - and they sold their ToT'ing Aethers, which is why the market went down to 4M from the 7M each they were at the beginning of the event.  I am surprised it's hovering at 4M and not lower.  (Although, I have not checked since your post 5 hrs ago and prior to me typing this.)

The market for Aethers for will still continue to drop as those who wanted the new higher priced items mostly have them now and people continue to earn them from running content and putting them up on the market.  The few who still need them will get their own by running content and buying, but they are far less in numbers than those who sell - so it'll be a buyer's market.

I suspect the Devs may put in a few new costume items for the Christmas Holiday Event, which may cause the price of Aethers to level out a bit, but i suspect by springtime (or sooner) Aethers will be 1M or less each.

Wait and see ! Pretty sure that winter event will allow players to earn some aether like they did with ToT

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kobiboom said:

Wait and see ! Pretty sure that winter event will allow players to earn some aether like they did with ToT

Yes, there will most likely be something that awards extra Aethers for the Winter Event, but I am also guessing they will release some extra costumes that people might want - so the supply/demand will cancel each other out and the market will plateau for that time, as I've suggested.  

But if no new costume items come out and they give us opportunity to receive more Aethers from the event, then that will only cause the market to drop on them even faster.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later

Today they were at 4.5m, which is not abysmal.

I advised my friend (who was sitting on all 10 PAP's she picked up from the Halloween EB badges) that if they were listing at 3M or less, to sit on them longer, until the prices climbed back up.  They're still rare -enough- that lowbies can amass a decent stock of them, and simply wait until the market recovers.  Being Special salvage, they don't take up room in a character's salvage pack either, so there's no pressing need to unload them to make room for anything else.

New costume releases will definitely bring the price up as the 'want it now' crowd converts inf to costumes... but Winter Event will likely have rare drops as well as defeat badges, and that'll make the supply glut a bit as it did during ToT season.  So... *balance hands* we'll see.

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

I see PAPs going to 5m. Which I think it’ll stick at or around. More than selling boosters but still less than just outright flipping things with more work. I’ll compile the aether I have and make one last big sell in December when I think they’ll be unveiling the snowmen costumes and be done with the stuff

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

• 1 month later

Well I'm a few months in to earning and collecting Prismatic Aether Particles. Looking at my average drop rates, I'm getting approximately 10 a month from standard content playthroughs. I get a few drops from WSTs, randomly, and a big boost from the Halloween monsters. I've earned a total of 100 or so since launch, and I've sold most of them for a helpful profit. 

Knowing the intended use of these items, I'm satisfied with the costs of each costume tier. I would like these Prismatic Aether Particles to be dropped from other content more readily, perhaps from seasonal content.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Idk I think I got like 10 ish? over the 5-10 or soo toons I played over the last 6ish months? I thought you where supposed to be able to buy the costume things with 3-6 months of playing. or is it 3-6 months of grinding?

I ran thru the Halloween drops on all my chars, so got a decent amount. Still think the top tiers are a bit spendy, but I'm fine with the lower tiers.

And I think sub-50s should get them on WSTs.

For accumalting, the 2% drop from random mission end and with the WST is good.  The seasonals are I think a good place for extra, especially with the extra costumes then.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/8/2023 at 6:23 PM, kito said:

Idk I think I got like 10 ish? over the 5-10 or soo toons I played over the last 6ish months? I thought you where supposed to be able to buy the costume things with 3-6 months of playing. or is it 3-6 months of grinding?

From what I understand, they have around a 2% chance to drop at the end of any mission (of any level, I believe). In the last 3-4 months I've found around 40 of them, playing a ton of different characters.

43 minutes ago, WumpusRat said:

From what I understand, they have around a 2% chance to drop at the end of any mission (of any level, I believe). In the last 3-4 months I've found around 40 of them, playing a ton of different characters.

So I have just been unlucky T_T

5 hours ago, kito said:

So I have just been unlucky T_T

A 2% rate of occurrence event is going to be very streaky -- you'll have long runs of none, get one, then another really long run of none, then get two in short order, and then more long runs of none, etc. It will only average out over hundreds and hundreds of mission completions.

• Thumbs Up 3

I too feel that Prismatic Aethers will continue to drop, since they're used for one-time purchases per character and only a limited number of people really care that much for NPC and variant looks.

Perhaps they need a conversion route to something else that would be a long term consumable?

Uh, so I'm starting to collect a pretty nice surplus of these from running Advanced Difficulty content. I personally don't have any use for them. And today I saw they dipped to 3.5m on the market. To me, that isn't worth the effort of selling them. I will probably just donate them to friends that want the NPC outfits. I know quite a few people could potentially be sitting on way more than me, and I just gotta say...

11 hours ago, Andreah said:

Perhaps they need a conversion route to something else that would be a long term consumable?

This would be opening up a big can of worms IMO. They are fine the way they are. Purely for an expenditure that has no impact on gameplay whatsoever.

Thanks again to all the whales that lined my pockets when they were first introduced. Enjoy your badges!

Edited by Spaghetti Betty

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

9 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

What effort? You type /ah, drag 'em into the window, type "10", and then price at 2 million! It takes like 3 seconds!

I price them at 1; there's enough demand they'll still sell immediately for the going price, or close to it.

On 1/12/2023 at 8:59 AM, EmperorSteele said:

"Isn't worth the effort"?

What effort? You type /ah, drag 'em into the window, type "10", and then price at 2 million! It takes like 3 seconds!

I never said my logic was sane. 🤷‍♂️ I just don't see the point of flooding the market and driving the price down even more.

I did however have a friend that really wanted the Tiny costume for a toon so I gave him like 200 PAPs. That making his day felt a lot better than the profit I would've gotten.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I recently discovered that you can put them in salvage racks in your SG base.  I suspect that everyone else already knew about this, but I can be a bit slow sometimes. 😛 
Anyway, this will make transferring them between characters much easier, especially since I have one character that tends to hoard them so I can see the total number I have.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.