Poll: Base Editor Changes We'd Like to See

Dacy

Poll: Editor Programming Changes We'd Like  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Highest Priority Editing Improvement

• Eliminate Base Shift (pieces moving out of place or alignment)
    • Copy/Paste Feature
    • The Ability to Group Separate Objects Together as One Object
    • Eliminate Zones That Don’t Allow Object Placement by Allowing Doors on Room Corners
    • Placeable Indoor Lighting Areas the Same as Interior Base Lighting (for outside of base interior)
    • Ability to Map Textures onto Items (make the surface look like wood, metal, rock, etc)
    • Ability to Make Base Walls Invisible
  2. 2. Second Highest Priority Editing Improvement

• Copy/Paste Feature
    • Eliminate Zones That Don’t Allow Object Placement by Allowing Doors on Room Corners
    • Placeable Indoor Lighting Areas the Same as Interior Base Lighting (for outside of base interior)
    • Ability to Map Textures onto Items (make the surface look like wood, metal, rock, etc)
  3. 3. Third Highest Priority Editing Improvement

• Copy/Paste Feature

I've given up on several bases and ended up scrapping them because of the constant shifting of placed objects. The further you get away from the "interior" section of the base, the more degradation happens. I was building a starship down around the "bottom" of the exterior space and every time I'd come back to the base the next day a few things would be out of of place. It was becoming more and more irksome for placing doorways, edging, etc, that I finally just gave up and nuked the base.

Something that isn't on the list that I'd like to see is the ability to just create a single massive room for a base. Fill the entire plot with one room, and so be able to build around within or outside of that without needing to play the "fill in all the gaps with rooms/doorways" game. Though this might not be possible if the "entry room" is completely static with no way of adjusting the code for it, or getting rid of the "required gap" that exists when placing hallways and rooms.

• Like 1

• 2 months later
  • 5 weeks later
  • 2 months later

I'd like to see more glowing items that could be placed. Vines, plant life, bushes, trees even. Sure, I can do a bit of kit bashing with the glowing whisps to create the appearance, but more options in the plant life that could be placed in bases would be wonderful. Even more grass templates would be great. Flowers too. I wouldn't mind them being tintable, but I'm completely fine with them being a light source themselves.

Edited by Crystal Dragon
Added just a little bit more.

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

• 2 weeks later

One thing I'd appreciate above all else is increasing the tolerance for building outside the base boundaries. As it stands, it's pretty annoyingly hard to build a spaceship when outer hull pieces refuse to align the way I want them to, not to mention it's nigh-impossible to place anything even remotely resembling wings.

• 1 month later
  • 5 months later

I wasn't sure if this has been suggested anywhere, but I had an idea I think would change the base editing for the better. People like to build their bases and take advantage of vertical space. Nothing is more off-putting than looking up and seeing a floating base portion. Could we get a "surface" that makes objects on the opposite side transparent? Of varying sizes, preferably.

• Like 1

Grouping object would be my #1 ask.

For what's not on the list, eliminating the teleporter style connection restrictions, allowing the use of the "ech beacons with magic teleporters and vice-versa. While I look the banner look of the magic beacons, my tired, old eyes just can't scan through them as quickly as the crisp, clear images of the tech beacons.

A big ask for what's not on the list is having personal "apartments" and physical buildings in each zone with similar aspect as the AE building or the dome in the AP building, where you can literally look out your apartment window onto the city below. The footprint could be restricted to studio, 1br, 2br size to realistically fit within the building.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.