Poll: Base Editor Changes We'd Like to See

Dacy

Poll: Editor Programming Changes We'd Like  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Highest Priority Editing Improvement

• Eliminate Base Shift (pieces moving out of place or alignment)
    • Copy/Paste Feature
    • The Ability to Group Separate Objects Together as One Object
    • Eliminate Zones That Don’t Allow Object Placement by Allowing Doors on Room Corners
    • Placeable Indoor Lighting Areas the Same as Interior Base Lighting (for outside of base interior)
    • Ability to Map Textures onto Items (make the surface look like wood, metal, rock, etc)
    • Ability to Make Base Walls Invisible
  2. 2. Second Highest Priority Editing Improvement

• Copy/Paste Feature
    • Eliminate Zones That Don’t Allow Object Placement by Allowing Doors on Room Corners
    • Placeable Indoor Lighting Areas the Same as Interior Base Lighting (for outside of base interior)
    • Ability to Map Textures onto Items (make the surface look like wood, metal, rock, etc)
  3. 3. Third Highest Priority Editing Improvement

• Copy/Paste Feature

I've given up on several bases and ended up scrapping them because of the constant shifting of placed objects. The further you get away from the "interior" section of the base, the more degradation happens. I was building a starship down around the "bottom" of the exterior space and every time I'd come back to the base the next day a few things would be out of of place. It was becoming more and more irksome for placing doorways, edging, etc, that I finally just gave up and nuked the base.

Something that isn't on the list that I'd like to see is the ability to just create a single massive room for a base. Fill the entire plot with one room, and so be able to build around within or outside of that without needing to play the "fill in all the gaps with rooms/doorways" game. Though this might not be possible if the "entry room" is completely static with no way of adjusting the code for it, or getting rid of the "required gap" that exists when placing hallways and rooms.