Dacy

Poll: Items We'd Like to See Added To Base Editor  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Highest Priority Addition

• NPCs that don’t randomize that you can choose, pose, and outfit
    • More internal teleporters, preferably ones you can assign names to
    • Small and tiny letters
    • A variety of shapes in various sizes that you can tint or surface map
    • Modular walls you can tint or surface map (with very thin segments, no trim, short segments for under and above windows and above doors)
    • Road segments (straight, curved, intersection) with road markings
    • More floors, doors, windows, door jams, ceilings, roofs
  2. 2. Second Highest Priority Editing Improvement

• Small and tiny letters
    • Modular walls you can tint or surface map (with very thin segments, no trim, short segments for under and above windows and above doors)
  3. 3. Third Highest Priority Editing Improvement

• Small and tiny letters

Also internal teleporters that look like something— like a lever or elevator buttons, passcode key box, hand or retina scanner, etc. 

Edited by BlackSpectre

Wandering NPCs would be a great addition for sure, but I'm assuming people have brought that up thousands of times already.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Is there a trick to easily move a NPC?  Cuz I have a VERY hard time doing it. 

if this was a thread asking for something to be fixed, that would be at the very top of my list. 

There is a psuedo-trick to it, where you instead insert a new NPC roughly where the other one is and it should replace the previous one. Not sure if it actually works though since I never use it. Aside from that, the best way to grab a placed NPC I've found is to try and catch the NPC at the top of the hit box behind the NPC's head, so you actually are at the NPC's hit box. It does not work very well, or even at all sometimes, if there is anything else in proximity to the NPC.

So yeah, moving NPCs can be a real pain.

• Community Rep
5 hours ago, Rudra said:

There is a psuedo-trick to it, where you instead insert a new NPC roughly where the other one is and it should replace the previous one. Not sure if it actually works though since I never use it. Aside from that, the best way to grab a placed NPC I've found is to try and catch the NPC at the top of the hit box behind the NPC's head, so you actually are at the NPC's hit box. It does not work very well, or even at all sometimes, if there is anything else in proximity to the NPC.

So yeah, moving NPCs can be a real pain.

COH Base  Quick Tips: Positioning Those Pesky NPCs
https://youtu.be/9qfSzBfljfc

I saw that video previously. I suck. I can't do the tab bit. So in the example in the video, I would sink the chair slightly, and then grab the desired NPC. Or move the chair to the side for positioning reference, and then move the NPC, then move the chair back.

Edit: One trick I do use? If I am placing an NPC like reclining on a couch, I place a floor tile just below the surface I want the NPC on and slightly behind the front of the object, then just drop the NPC on that surface and rotate. Or align the surface except well above the target object, and then lower the positioned NPC onto the object. Easy placement that way. It is just things like sitting at a table having to constantly move the table and chair(s) to get the NPCs situated that is so annoying. (And distant grass tiles, large rocks, or other items not even in the room that the editor insists I am trying to select instead of the NPC.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 8:12 AM, TygerDarkstorm said:

Fauna = animals, Flora = plants. 🙂

Unless the bouquet of flowers you're looking to place is some sort of animal flower, then please ignore this. 😅

BAHAHAHA!!!! I was really tired when I wrote this. Thank you.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later
  • 8 months later
On 2/10/2023 at 9:12 AM, Glacier Peak said:

I would like these robots added as base items

And on a similar note, since the Kronos titans are clearly scaled-up versions of the Zeus titans, which are formed by a merging of two Hercules titans, I think there should be an Ouranos titan, which would be a scaled up and recolored version of a Hercules titan, and possessing the same ability, when damaged badly enough, to merge two together to form a Kronos titan.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

And on a similar note, since the Kronos titans are clearly scaled-up versions of the Zeus titans, which are formed by a merging of two Hercules titans, I think there should be an Ouranos titan, which would be a scaled up and recolored version of a Hercules titan, and possessing the same ability, when damaged badly enough, to merge two together to form a Kronos titan.

Wouldn't it be the other way around? Two Kronos Titans merge into a larger Ouranos Titan? After all, Father Sky/Heaven was the only one in size equal to Gaia. They kept getting smaller from there. Gaia/Ouranos -> titans -> giants/gods -> mortals. (Edit: Though this discussion really should be its own thread. Since it has nothing to do with the base editor and base available objects.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Edit: Though this discussion really should be its own thread. Since it has nothing to do with the base editor and base available objects.)

Except that they should be base objects to go along with the Kronos titans -- and it's easier to make a model as a static entity than it is to rig it for animation (even though they'd just be scaling up the rigging and animation for the Hercules titans) and work out where in the data files it would need to sit to spawn under various conditions, so it could be available as a base entity faster than it could be added to the game as a new Malta mob.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Oh man that is cool, but what about the merging of two Kronos Titans in to an Uranus/Ouranos - that would be absolutely nuts! It could be like the Crey Protector Bot size and health pool, maybe recolored iridescent or something.

Edit: Ah @Rudra beat me to it! Good thinking 😄

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

How about Minecraft blocks?  I'm not into Minecraft, but it's popular and the square blocks seem relatively easy to work with.  Just allow us to fill our bases with a variety of textured cubes.  You can stack them and mix and match and maybe even just float them in air anywhere you like.

Eventually some other shapes (like curved cylinders of various sizes), but starting with cubes should at least let folks work out where to go for next steps.

Another idea I've had is to allow players to be able to specify arbitrary geometry.  It's on a grid, so you "block it out" like you might for a Minecraft, but then you can also specify areas to make into ramps, walls, and flat surfaces.  Fancier options would allow us to take "square" corner and make a smooth curve, and for angles other than 90 degrees.

3 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

How about Minecraft blocks?  I'm not into Minecraft, but it's popular and the square blocks seem relatively easy to work with.  Just allow us to fill our bases with a variety of textured cubes.  You can stack them and mix and match and maybe even just float them in air anywhere you like.

Eventually some other shapes (like curved cylinders of various sizes), but starting with cubes should at least let folks work out where to go for next steps.

Another idea I've had is to allow players to be able to specify arbitrary geometry.  It's on a grid, so you "block it out" like you might for a Minecraft, but then you can also specify areas to make into ramps, walls, and flat surfaces.  Fancier options would allow us to take "square" corner and make a smooth curve, and for angles other than 90 degrees.

You don't need to block anything out to make ramps, walls, or other surfaces. You can already make ramps, walls, and other surfaces. You just have to position and angle the desired object to where it needs to be. You also are not locked into 90 degree angles. Use ALT, Shift+ALT, and CTRL+ALT to rotate objects however you want. The minimum listed degree of rotation is 1 degree, but there is also an option for rotations that aren't locked by angles. There are actually SG bases that have round corners and even tubular corridors for players to move through.

Please note that I am not opposed to adding Minecraft blocks to the game for bases, I just don't understand the desire for them. So if others want to use them? More power to them. Odds are, I won't use them.

17 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

My priority item is not on the list:

WINDOWS that look out onto nearly any zone in the game.

Uhm... how would that even work since our bases are not in or part of any zone? To do this, the devs would have to make windows with a locked view of a specific view of each zone from a specific elevation in each zone. That would require a LOT of different windows, I'd wager at least a million different windows, per zone.

9 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Uhm... how would that even work since our bases are not in or part of any zone? To do this, the devs would have to make windows with a locked view of a specific view of each zone from a specific elevation in each zone. That would require a LOT of different windows, I'd wager at least a million different windows, per zone.

it would only require one window for each zone that was made available.

48 minutes ago, Wavicle said:
59 minutes ago, Rudra said:

it would only require one window for each zone that was made available.

How do you figure? Say for instance this is done, and using Atlas Park as the example, we get one window that looks out on City Hall. And that look is from street level. However, a player wants to have a window that looks out on City Hall from 5 stories up because their base is the 5th floor of a random building. Or someone else wants a window that looks out on the warehouse sector with it s Vahzilok and Clockwork. Or maybe the player wants a window view that shows the gate to Perez Park. Given that our bases are not actually in or part of any zone for a single window model to actually allow a look out on the desired zone, a different window for every possible location players would want views of from the relevant elevations their bases are supposed to be at would be needed. And that is before you get into any aerial bases with their zone overlook view.

Just now, Rudra said:

How do you figure? Say for instance this is done, and using Atlas Park as the example, we get one window that looks out on City Hall. And that look is from street level. However, a player wants to have a window that looks out on City Hall from 5 stories up because their base is the 5th floor of a random building. Or someone else wants a window that looks out on the warehouse sector with it s Vahzilok and Clockwork. Or maybe the player wants a window view that shows the gate to Perez Park. Given that our bases are not actually in or part of any zone for a single window model to actually allow a look out on the desired zone, a different window for every possible location players would want views of from the relevant elevations their bases are supposed to be at would be needed. And that is before you get into any aerial bases with their zone overlook view.

You are inventing this problem.

I never said that you could have whatever window you wanted.

One window per zone, that’s all I’m asking for. And not even every zone in the game. It’s up to the devs what floor they want to put it on and which zones would be made available.

42 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

You are inventing this problem.

I never said that you could have whatever window you wanted.

One window per zone, that’s all I’m asking for. And not even every zone in the game. It’s up to the devs what floor they want to put it on and which zones would be made available.

One window per zone would mean that every base that used a window for any given zone would have the exact same view from all windows despite them being on all possible outside looking walls. Using the city hall example, a base would have the same view of city hall on their north wall as they do on their east wall as they do on their south wall as they do on their west wall. That would be the height of inconsiderate laziness for base object additions. And that would be my guess as to why the windows we do have do not give actual exterior views, so players can have their windows at least without having to wonder why all windows have the exact same view of city hall.

Edit: And only having windows for only some zones and not all zones will be a giant middle finger to players whose bases are supposed to be in the zones that didn't get done.

Edited by Rudra

Just now, Rudra said:

One window per zone would mean that every base that used a window for any given zone would have the exact same view from all windows despite them being on all possible outside looking walls. Using the city hall example, a base would have the same view of city hall on their north wall as they do on their east wall as they do on their south wall as they do on their west wall. That would be the height of inconsiderate laziness for base object additions. And that would be my guess as to why the windows we do have do not give actual exterior views, so players can have their windows at least without having to wonder why all windows have the exact same view of city hall.

an easy solution: only one window per base