Page 7 Farming Microguide (Maps + Builds)

America's Angel

6 minutes ago, Proteus50 said:

Can I get some good numbers for these farms? I dont AFK farm but I have found that XP on the older farms seems to be different.

They are listed in first post of this thread, AA has kept that updated.

I also want to thank @America's Angel for showing the masses that it can, in fact, be done.  I have my original Spines/Fire brute running AFK right now in one session while dual boxing an active DP/Temporal blaster farmer in a S/L farm in another, Power-farming a new alt on a third account.  -Active- farming requires almost zero changes to your farming brutes.  Maybe make a second macro for purples instead of just turning everything into reds, or just click the purps as they drop.  No issues.  AFK farming you'll need to respec and, as AA indicates, either grab the P2W Defense Amplifier (and Survival one while at it as the regen doesnt hurt) or simply ensure you've got all the accolades.  No reason to delete that Vet level 300+ farmer...still works just fine in the modified farms.

Yes, PL'ing goes slower now.  Yes, you'll earn less influence.  But if you -truly- desire the "farming playstyle" like so many people have bitched and moaned about with every nerf, then you -CAN STILL FARM.-  In fact, if you really enjoy the mound of dead bodies at your feet, I'd argue it's better now than ever before because you pull aggro from just about any of the critters walking near you without even trying.  If you really want the best total influence per hour you can get, I'd argue this is still in the top 3 ways to do that outside of marketeering (which to me can get quite tedious and boring, but YMMV).  

Do I think these changes were necessary?  Nope.  Do I think the Devs have decided they aren't as favorable towards (in particular) AFK farming as other methods of playing their game?  I think all but a moron would infer that based on these targeted changes to farming powers, AE behaviors and AE rewards.  You -CAN- still do what you once did but not for the same reward vs. the risk and definitely vs. the investment required to get there.  

But at any rate, thanks AA.  Follow the instructions in post one and farming AE is still very do-able.

• Like 3

Saw a bunch of posts in General Discussions saying farming is nerfed. So though I'd run the numbers to check.

Active 1 Account
Page 4: Rad/Fire Brute = 108mil p/h
Page 5: Rad/Fire Brute = 92.6mil p/h

So roughly 85% as effective as before.

Solution: Switch to a Rad/SS tank and S/L farm. They can still clear meteor maps in 3:00. Which is 100% as effective as before.

AFK 1 Account:
Page 4: Rad/Fire Brute = 52.8mil p/h
Page 5: Rad/Fire Brute = 31.8mil/) p/h

So roughly 60% as effective as before.

Solution: Best I've been able to find is Elec/Rad tank. That pulls in ~33mil p/h. Which is roughly 63% as effective as before.

Triple-Box 3 Accounts
Page 4: 1 Active Rad/Fire Brute + 2 AFK Rad/Fire Brutes = ~214mil p/h
Page 5: 1 Active Rad/SS Tank + 2 AFK Elec/Rad Tanks = ~174mil p/h

So, roughly 81% of what it was in Page 4. (Mainly due to AFK Farming taking a big hit.)

AFK 15 Accounts
15 AFK Rad/Fire Brutes in Page 4: 792mil p/h
15 AFK Elec/Rad Tanks in Page 5: 495mil p/h

So, roughly 63% of what it was Page 4.

--

So, pretty big drops across the board for fire farming. Single-account active s/l farming with a Rad/SS Tank is still viable. (But considering that Ground Zero having a target cap of 30 is a big reason for this, we're only one bug fix away from that going away. Could happen anytime. So probably best to stick to the Rad/Fire Brutes for now.)

The above numbers all rely on proc builds. So if procs get nerfed in a future update, farming will take another big hit.

That said, despite the above, farming still rewards more inf p/h than other content. (Unless you're one of the 15-20 people in the game who can run 4* TFs in 20 minutes.) So for those who enjoy the playstyle, farming is still a valid option. If you're just into farming for the money (and three AFK characters pulling in 95-99mil an hour as you watch netflix isn't enough for you), then I'd suggest looking into marketeering.

New AFK Rad/Fire Brute build is attached. (Have also updated the OP with it.)
Elec/Rad AFK Tank is also attached. (With the tank, you don't need to toggle on Focused Accuracy).
The Active farming Rad/Fire in the OP is still good for Page 5.

Haven't attached the Active Rad/SS tank because it's a friends build so need to ask permission first. Essentially just proc out everything including GroundZero/Radiation Therapy, and build for 130% base recharge. With hasten and FF active you're looking at 300% recharge.

AA_AFK_Page5.mxd elec rad tank AFK Page 5.mxd

Edited by America's Angel
  • Thanks 2

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

2 hours ago, America's Angel said:
AFK 1 Account:
Page 4: Rad/Fire Brute = 52.8mil p/h
Page 4: Rad/Fire Brute = 31.8mil/) p/h

You have a stray 4 that got out of its corral.

• Haha 1

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

Thank ye!

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

1 hour ago, Rahabina said:

Yeah I noticed my farmers are a bit squishier lol and I admit it made me very sad but i ventured on.  

How is fire spines now?  I have a few I decommisioned but coud easily swap out my Rad fires

Yeah my farmer’s a bit squishier but I found a map that works for me.

Edited by Seed22
  • Like 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

30 minutes ago, Rahabina said:

What map number?

I’ll have to look at it again once I’m able to get back on, but I think it was by  Kai…something? It was an asteroid map, that much I do know right off hand.

Edited by Seed22
  • Like 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

5 hours ago, Rahabina said:

Yeah I noticed my farmers are a bit squishier lol and I admit it made me very sad but i ventured on.  

How is fire spines now?  I have a few I decommisioned but coud easily swap out my Rad fires

A Rad/Fire Brute is still better than a Spines/Fire Brute.

That said, in Page 5 a Rad/SS tank is better for active farming, and an Elec/Rad tank is better for AFK farming. But the difference isn't that big. (See here for the numbers.)

3 hours ago, Rahabina said:

What map number?

The maps in the first post of this thread have been updated for Page 5.

For active farming use map #41794.

For 10 Min AFK farming use map #38973

Edited by America's Angel

@America's Angel I'm curious about your slotting on IG and atom smasher on a few of the posted builds. Even after page 5 updates i've yet to see IG miss and i've never slotted it with any acc pieces. It appears to act like a pseudopet rain of fire/ice storm and just auto hit everything. Atom smasher doesn't and yet you didn't slot any acc. I could be (and probably am) wrong because i don't do math or study combat logs beyond seeing why i got 1 shotted in an itrial and mids math and in game math seem to be on different planets.

4 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

@America's Angel I'm curious about your slotting on IG and atom smasher on a few of the posted builds. Even after page 5 updates i've yet to see IG miss and i've never slotted it with any acc pieces. It appears to act like a pseudopet rain of fire/ice storm and just auto hit everything. Atom smasher doesn't and yet you didn't slot any acc. I could be (and probably am) wrong because i don't do math or study combat logs beyond seeing why i got 1 shotted in an itrial and mids math and in game math seem to be on different planets.

IG isn't autohit. It's hit rolls are shown in the "Pet Hit Rolls" channel.

IG is a pseudopet, and I think they don't inherit global accuracy bonuses the same way as other powers. (Might be wrong on this.)

Regardless, I needed to slot it up a bit to get a higher hit rate, kill rate, and earning potential.

2 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

Thats also the first time i've seen a fire farmer skip burn 🙂

Atom Smasher is better on auto for AFK farming now. 😎

Thanks for the thread. Helped me make sure my critters were giving full XP.

I did note with my bosses, that if I didn't have Cremate, I still showed 100% XP, but it definitely gave less.  Once I added that back in, full XP.

My main farm char is a spines/fire brute.  Still does well, but also built for doing outside stuff, so I haven't had to modify.  Can run +4/x8, just have to be aware of how many EBs I pull now.

For some reason, Rad isn't a fun power set for me, but I'm also not going for full DPS mode.

Finally figured out how to check pet combat log and your correct IG isn't auto hitting. I slotted a boosted lady grey def debuff and the proc and the first hit was lowering enemy def to the point where every other pet roll was a hit which is why i assumed incorrectly that it was never missing. Different story when tot'ing and 2 crones and 2 vamps debuffed my to hit down to 0 and all i see is misses.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:29 AM, America's Angel said:
Saw a bunch of posts in General Discussions saying farming is nerfed. So though I'd run the numbers to check.

Active 1 Account
Page 4: Rad/Fire Brute = 108mil p/h
Page 5: Rad/Fire Brute = 92.6mil p/h

So roughly 85% as effective as before.

Solution: Switch to a Rad/SS tank and S/L farm. They can still clear meteor maps in 3:00. Which is 100% as effective as before.

[...]

Haven't attached the Active Rad/SS tank because it's a friends build so need to ask permission first. Essentially just proc out everything including GroundZero/Radiation Therapy, and build for 130% base recharge. With hasten and FF active you're looking at 300% recharge.

AA_AFK_Page5.mxd 5.66 kB · 18 downloads elec rad tank AFK Page 5.mxd 5.08 kB · 21 downloads

Heya, I've got a question about the Rad/SS build for s/l, (I understand not wanting to share someone else's build, that's fine). But given 130% recharge is that full +rech then, not building for softcap s/l defense? Doesn't that result in getting murked on a farm map? Or do you eat purples the way a Brute would eat reds?

Edit: and which map do you use for s/l if you don't mind 😄

Edited by Lunans

Ok I have a few questions since there have been some changes and now im kind of in game influence poor for the first time in years. 

1) I've fire farmed well before but it seems like it might be time to move on from fire farms, also maybe I just need to switch it up and do something different. Are Smashing Lethal farms the way to go. Are there any good energy farms ( I have a an EA brute that might be good for that). I'm an active farmer, I never AFK farm. 

2) Are Brutes even the best option anymore. Should I go with a tanker for more survivability?

3) If i were to go S/L what us a good build for such a farm ? 

Thanks for the advice 

@Heatstroke Fire farms are still viable but what concerns farmers about fire farming is they are an obvious target (due to their popularity and numbers) leading to strong probability their diminished efficiency will be further disrupted. Smashing/lethal critter power sets are more in number than fire critter power sets and this has lead to a perception that smashing/lethal farms will be more viable and efficient in the long term.

To make your existing fire farmer brute viable again your build will need to add health generation (healing flames is not enough by itself). Temperature Protection got a 100% regeneration addition in Page 5 and Consume the ability to boost Max HP to help you get the ball rolling.

Other damage type farms are likely going to pop-up too (you could always learn Mission Architect and setup some). However, history with fire farming indicates those other damage type farms are more susceptible to disruption.

Tankers are pretty good at farming but more dependent on keeping up the damage bonus compared to a Brute (juice those reds). They can also hit more targets  with their AoEs so if you get a tanker juiced up they do good. Brutes are still very viable.

Both ATs need to have decent regeneration in the current meta.

Edited by Digirium

I didn't have to change anything on my rad/fire brute farmer that I've been using since 2019. I did AA's farm at +4/x8 and the only thing I noticed was there weren't any Elite Bosses. Good AE farm though, love me a meteor map!

Really the only change is for folks who would put a power on auto and then go afk. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I've been away from AE for a while. Not sure what the state of it is now.

Are there "diminishing returns" in AE now? Earlier today I got 4k XP per minion with 2 characters, similar to the numbers @Jacktar posted.

I logged out, and back in now, and now I get 2600xp per minion on the same farm with everything identical.

Tried AA's farm, also getting 2600xp per minion there.

Anyone else ran into this?

Edit: I guess whatever this is, it isn't too relevant. I was worried the XP loss affected my lowbie too, but switching to another farmer who gets the 4k XP correctly, I can see the lowbie earns the same in either case.

Edited by nihilii

31 minutes ago, nihilii said:

I've been away from AE for a while. Not sure what the state of it is now.

Are there "diminishing returns" in AE now? Earlier today I got 4k XP per minion with 2 characters, similar to the numbers @Jacktar posted.

I logged out, and back in now, and now I get 2600xp per minion on the same farm with everything identical.

Tried AA's farm, also getting 2600xp per minion there.

Anyone else ran into this?

Edit: I guess whatever this is, it isn't too relevant. I was worried the XP loss affected my lowbie too, but switching to another farmer who gets the 4k XP correctly, I can see the lowbie earns the same in either case.

Rested XP.

• Like 1

I wondered about that but got confused for a couple reasons: other people in this thread posting 4k XP for an alt and 6.4k XP solo (is everyone posting rested XP by default?), and stopping AE to do a rikti mission and getting 5.2k XP per minion (do normal mobs give about twice as much XP as AE?).

So many questions. Man, it's hard to pick up all the depth in that game when you leave for a while.

49 minutes ago, nihilii said:

I wondered about that but got confused for a couple reasons: other people in this thread posting 4k XP for an alt and 6.4k XP solo (is everyone posting rested XP by default?), and stopping AE to do a rikti mission and getting 5.2k XP per minion (do normal mobs give about twice as much XP as AE?).

So many questions. Man, it's hard to pick up all the depth in that game when you leave for a while.

Yes.  AE XP was cut in half back around May 2019, so XP is half of what it would be compared to regular missions.  Also, are you running at +4?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

@America's Angel @CR Americas Angel

Do the enemies in AE Mission ID: 41794 have higher than 70ft of Perception?

And what Mag Knock Up is Cremate on these enemies?

Thanks!

Powers in AE are mostly the same as what players get.  Therefore, the perception is 300 feet, same as anyone using Focused Senses.  That's what makes Super Reflexes so good for farming, as the mobs can see you really far away.  Cremate has a 0.75 mag knockup.

@nihilii, at +4 with no rested XP, minions on my fire farms give 4,272 experience.  Lieutenants give 8,544 experience.  Bosses give 25,119 experience.  It sounds like you (and Jacktar) are farming below +4, and the differences you saw in XP on the same farm were a result of rested XP.

• Thanks 1

I'm running a page 5 viable afk spines/fire brute on an asteroid fire map. Is there some trick to consistently grab the whole map. Sometimes I think I have them then  go afk, only to come back 10 minutes later and I'm standing alone and 5 or 6 packs are walking around casually, acting like I didn't just wipe out half their friends.