How are folks slotting Reverberant?

laudwic

You know, the Symphony Control pet.  I planned to put part of one of the Dominator Archtype sets, but those aren't allowed.  Currently, I've done 4 slots of Expedient Reinforcement to give some Acc and give a 6.25% recharge. 

Any other ideas on how to slot this power?   With all of the different types of powers it throws around, I really am at a loss of how to better slot it, especially when slots are at a premium in Dominators and the need to chase recharge wherever you can.  

Been running it with 4 expedite and a glimpse of the abyss proc since i've been spamming the cone as often as it recharges but i honestly just see the pet as a mule for a recharge bonus, much as i love it graphically i'm not seeing it putting out much dps, as least nothing noticeable.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like using the Overwelming force kd proc in Mastermind Pets.  I can see some use here, but it is so expensive and I don't think it is going to give much beyond the already included Mez effects other than the satisfying fall to the ground and get back up.

Once I get to 47, I am considering adding (and I think the powers should take) the Hami-os Endoplasm Exposure (acc/Mez) and Peroxisome Exposure (Dmg/Mez)  Hopefully, both of those will buff all the mez powers as well as giving a little more acc and damage.  I'm 38 now, it should work, but it will be a few levels before I know for sure.  Plus, they are darn cheap in the auction house.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later
  • 3 weeks later

Personally, after leveling and into endgame I find the pets underwelming.

I like the idea of procs in the pet, but since I typically spec xxx/fire/fire I out damage the pet by so much that it doesn't matter.

Currently I am enjoying my symphony as a hover ranged toon.

When perma, primaries come up quickly and the broad cones are easy to use, a relaxing playstyle when that's what I am in the mood for.

On 8/29/2022 at 7:47 AM, laudwic said:

You know, the Symphony Control pet.  I planned to put part of one of the Dominator Archtype sets, but those aren't allowed.  Currently, I've done 4 slots of Expedient Reinforcement to give some Acc and give a 6.25% recharge. 

Any other ideas on how to slot this power?   With all of the different types of powers it throws around, I really am at a loss of how to better slot it, especially when slots are at a premium in Dominators and the need to chase recharge wherever you can.  

I don't know if I've said it here on the forums, but the reverberant pet's strengths shine most when it has been proc'd the fuck out.

Personally, I like to proc it the fuck out for CONTROL rather than damage. Debilitative Action has a proc for a Stun everytime it casts an immobilize power, Unspeakable Terror has the same but for fears, and I believe it's Stupify that has the proc that allows a Stun power to apply an immbolize (and Fortunata Hypnosis has a proc for a Placate that can trigger everytime it casts a sleep if you REALLY want an odd layer of control outside the wheelhouse of most control characters (force placate) which is pretty welcome for teams).

Those FOUR happen to be the flavors of your main cones. That's 4 slots, you can go ahead and drop Lockdown +2 in there for when Echoes your AoE Hold. That's a MEAN 5 slot proc beast, since while it's powers are weaker than yours, I'm fairly sure it's procs are NOT. If I recall, the procs have a fixed mag and duration regardless of if you're casting them or the pet is (I havent noticed them be weaker). Now, the reason you do this is because the incarnate power that stuns enemies who are subject to immobilize AND fear, doesn't need them to be fear'd and immo'd by YOU. They just need to meet the criteria of "feared" and "immobilized" for the stun to apply. With this set up, your pet is has a chance to help you keep enemies stunned in perpetuity, either through one of it's enhancement procs, or, by helping you proc your incarnate power. This, combined with domination, means enemies aren't allowed to play the game when you and the reverberant are around. You get on one side, leave the pet on the other, and just sing to eachother and watch as everything in between you two stops functioning.

The reason I say proc it out for CONTROL and not say, damage, is because it's damage is... respectable. But the volume of utility found in stacking control effects is more pronounced.

But, more importantly than that, MOST of these procs are from sets you, frankly, dont want on your main powers. If you're building for perma dom (as you likely are) then you can't really afford to fit a random disorient proc into, say, Enfeebling Lullaby. That is a power you can get the purple recharge set bonus from for only 5 slots, and as a SLEEP power it's not like you really have much to stick into a hypothetical 6th slot. By giving all these "less desirable" enhancements to the pet, YOU still get to reap their benefits without needing to slot them yourself.

My rule of thumb is that any enhancement you think would be fun to have in your rotation but can't find the space for, give it to the pet.

• Thumbs Up 2

Resident certified baby

So i have a symph/savage i never play and dislike, a combo that just doesnt work well. I do expect from what other players have said that symphony works better on trollers but i prefer domi's simply because they feel like less work on fast running teams as they don't require any set up time on their secondary so i rolled a symph/dark.

6 slotted reverbant. Lockdown proc, Malaise, Ghost Widow, Crap of the Hunter, Glad Net and a Glimpse of the Abyss. As you can see mostly a chance for extra damage. Pet has 0 acc/dmg/end etc slotted. 

Reverberant: You Hold Practice Dummy with your Lockdown: Chance for +2 Mag Hold.

Reverberant: You hit Conscript with your Glimpse of the Abyss: Chance for Psionic Damage for 172.19 points of Psionic damage.

Reverberant: You hit Headman with your Gladiator's Net: Chance for Lethal Damage for 172.19 points of Lethal damage.

Reverberant: You hit Headman with your Glimpse of the Abyss: Chance for Psionic Damage for 172.19 points of Psionic damage.

Reverberant: You hit Headman with your Glimpse of the Abyss: Chance for Psionic Damage for 172.19 points of Psionic damage. It fired off again immediately on the same target.

Reverberant: You hit Headman with your Gladiator's Net: Chance for Lethal Damage for 172.19 points of Lethal damage.

Reverberant: You hit Guardian with your Trap of the Hunter: Chance for Lethal Damage for 172.19 points of Lethal damage.

It goes on and on. Turns out this is the way to go, so big thanks to @Redletterfor the post. I may try the chance for extra controls in it but i am much happier watching the extra damage tics.

Whats most confusing is when they fire off. I thought the pet was supposed to mimic attacks. I fire off a hold and the immob proc goes off in pet, i fire off the immob and the fear proc fires in pet, I fire off the fear and a hold proc fires off in the pet. 

Edited by Meknomancer
add comment
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 10:47 AM, laudwic said:

I suggest slotting Reverbant up based on your power picks. It duplicates your powers. (I would always start with 2 Accs because I want to make sure that I can hit with it)

You fire a hold; it fires a hold.

You fire a confuse; it fires a confuse.

etc.

This way it augments the magnitude and helps with the duration of those FXs. (at least that is how it seems to work)

That being said, I trigger domination when I really need it, and I'm never worried about perma-doming or the end-game.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 1/20/2023 at 7:33 AM, Meknomancer said:

It goes on and on. Turns out this is the way to go, so big thanks to @Redletterfor the post. I may try the chance for extra controls in it but i am much happier watching the extra damage tics.

Oh it's good damage! It's honestly *great* damage, and realistically you can fit more damage procs into it than control procs (they're also more NOTICABLY impactful on a Dominator, since with Domination, YOU will have more than enough magnitude on your controls to keep things, well, controlled).

Believe me, I like orange numbers. I like *BIG* orange numbers and you can proc it out like mad to like... what? Quadruble your DPS? It's an genuinely bonkers boost, im glad youre enjoying it,

On 1/20/2023 at 7:33 AM, Meknomancer said:

Whats most confusing is when they fire off. I thought the pet was supposed to mimic attacks. I fire off a hold and the immob proc goes off in pet, i fire off the immob and the fear proc fires in pet, I fire off the fear and a hold proc fires off in the pet. 

So, the reverberant and how it echoes you are weird. It holds onto powers for longer than you'd think, and will use powers it has. I *think* it uses them, in rotation, like a que. But I could be wrong, I havent tested and I don't remember if it was detailed in the feedback thread for Symph Control -- I know I asked about it.

Regardless, it's not that the pet is copying moves you havent given it. You can test this by just using ONE move, it will only use that ONE move. It doesnt use the attack that YOU are using WHEN youre using it though. Functionally how it "gets" your power is that by USING a Symph Control power, it "grants" a power to the pet (i BELIEVE for a set duration but I could be wrong), just like how Positron 2 "grants" you a jetpack power. The pet, now having a power to use, will use the power it has. That power will go on cooldown, like any power would, and it will try to use another power. If it doesnt have one, it won't do anything until that one power it has comes off cooldown (I don't know if using that power would REgrant the power to the pet, and if doing so would reset the cooldown of the power, might be worth testing though...) however, if it has another power, it will use that power. THIS is how you get situations where YOU are using something like Enfeebling Lullaby, but the PET is using Aria of Stasis.

In short: The pet doesnt echo the power you're using as you're using it. It *adds* that power you've used to its "move list" (play list? hmm...), which it can use as long as ithas that power it's movelist. If you give it 4 powers, it will fire off those powers as they become available -- it does NOT fire them off to mimic the power YOU are currently using.

Edit: Here is the thread (and the post) where Symph was discussed and, more specifically, we talked a bit about the pet. 

Edited by Redletter
Research Source: GET!
  • Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

Your right i notice its much better when slotted with multiple hold procs as i spam the single target hold and use the mob hold as soon as its up. Cycling through the stun/fear/immob/hold as fast as you can gives it a chance to proc those, just a shame the stun sets don't have a chance for damage piece and Reverberant doesn't have 10 slots.