Minor QoL: Sort clues in order found

RikOz

I would love it if clues would appear in the Clues list in something resembling the order in which they were found. Preferably, with the most recently-acquired clue at the top, similar to the "Most Recent" badges list.

It's quite annoying--particularly late in a story arc after many clues have been found--to find a clue and it gets dumped into an apparently random place in the Clues list. At this point, I've largely given up on reading clues because, when I open the list, I have no ... clue ... which is the one I just found.

(On a similar note, it's really irritating in alignment missions when the "Clue Found!" message pops up after clicking the object or defeating the specific enemy that completes the mission. Because alignment missions are one-offs with no follow-up, this clue is immediately cleared from the list. I have never been able to read a single one of these mission-completion clues.)

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yes please. I often find myself scrolling up and down the clues list on long arcs trying to figure out what clue I just got. And it would be really nice to know what the clue in those tip missions actually are. So like maybe not have them clear until you exit the mission?

• Like 1

Are you aware that Clues are already sorted by Story Arc? Ones from standalone missions come first, then the arcs in the order they started.

(And I agree, of course, that deleting them before players can actually read them sucks, although I've primarily encountered that in radio/paper missions.)

I almost never have more than one mission active at a time. The only exception is when I have one of the costume slot missions, but those are hunt missions with no clues. So everything in my Clues list should be from the one arc I'm currently doing. I think part of the problem is that, in missions that have several Clues (like, there are some missions where every glowie gives a clue, and possibly multiple NPCs that give clues), there's a programming expectation that the player will find the clues in a certain order, which doesn't always work out. Sometimes the objectives will spawn out of order, sometimes the player just misses them on the first pass. So the clues appear in the list in that expected order, rather than the order they were actually found.

1 hour ago, Corlagon said:

Are you aware that Clues are already sorted by Story Arc? Ones from standalone missions come first, then the arcs in the order they started.

(And I agree, of course, that deleting them before players can actually read them sucks, although I've primarily encountered that in radio/paper missions.)

Like @RikOz, I limit myself to one arc at a time. The clues in any given arc are often a jumbled mess for where to find them depending on how long the arc is and how many clues it drops on you. So the last thing I want to do is have to scroll through unrelated clues from other arcs/missions. The problem is that within any given arc of any real length, if you want to read a new clue, you have to figure out which clue is the new one from what seems to be random placement on the list.