Weird - The Al Yankovic Story

Well, he's a comic, he's a hero to many... but is he the villain in his own story?

Spoiler
  • So I'm told this story is true... from a certain point of view.
  • Aside from introducing all the key characters in Al's life (Dr. Demento, Jon Jim & Steve, and yes, Maddy)...
  • ...this feels pretty much a note-perfect rendition of all the best/worst rockumentaries, just with Al's lyrics. As it should be.
  • Evan Rachel Wood and Rainn Wilson are both ideal...
  • But plaudits of course to Daniel. I've seen a lot of comments on the interweb pipes about the guy having "no flerkens left to give" (or similar). But if you want to do something like this, you ought to be committed... 
  • And in any case, the dude has more money than any two Gods you can name, was protected and coached by the finest minds in the Brit film industry growing up who knew what happened to child stars, and has been smart in investing it.  He's said in interviews that this gig was one of the happiest times he's ever had in his life, and if he can go to his grave knowing he's achieved anything, it's accordion lessons from Weird Al (and breaking one of his favourites.)
  • So if you could do this... wouldn't you?
  • Side note: it's still not the strangest rockumentary or casting out there. That would be one Michael Fassbender as a thinly-disguised Chris Sievey, alias... Frank.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.