Recovering a password

GaelicReign

My daughter wants to get back into the game, but neither of us can remember her old password.  We've tried recovering any old email addresses, we weren't successful on some of them, and using the 'change password' link doesn't send her a reset request to the only email she has now.  So we're kinda lost.  So does anyone have an idea? Maybe a GM can give her a generic password for her game account? I've no idea at this point.

38 minutes ago, GaelicReign said:

My daughter wants to get back into the game, but neither of us can remember her old password.  We've tried recovering any old email addresses, we weren't successful on some of them, and using the 'change password' link doesn't send her a reset request to the only email she has now.  So we're kinda lost.  So does anyone have an idea? Maybe a GM can give her a generic password for her game account? I've no idea at this point.

Was it a Homecoming account?  You won't be able to access any of your OG CoH characters or such...

Can she log into the forums? If so, all she has to do is go to the account tab at the top of this page and reset the game password manually.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

21 hours ago, biostem said:

Was it a Homecoming account?  You won't be able to access any of your OG CoH characters or such...

8 hours ago, Marine X said:

Can she log into the forums? If so, all she has to do is go to the account tab at the top of this page and reset the game password manually.

It was a Homecoming account.  She started playing alongside me when Homecoming went public.  She's got an @ account online, cuz I looked up her characters using /getglobalname and her characters show up in the responses as being offline, hidden, or doesn't exist. But I know she does cuz we tailored a couple of her characters to work with mine as a duo.

She can't log into the forums. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday trying to recover her account, password, etc.  After I couldn't sort it, I made this thread hoping to get some ideas on what to do.

• Sad 1

Did she recall ever having started any posts or responding to any topics? Having her forum "user name", may be of use in getting her logged in here, then she can reset the password.

If you know the user name for the forums, and/or game account, I would include that info in the ticket to support, even if you lack the passwords for either. Sadly the only other alternative would be starting from scratch.  

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X