Hidden AE nerfs

Strife3

Personally I love ae farming. I met tons of great people and its like a chill area. party up relax and talk or don't. doesn't matter to me.

I am a little peeved that they removed the AE building in atlas as that was the golden area to meet all the new players.

Personally I think AE should have it's own zone so that chats aren't always filled up with LF ae ect. That and since it generates the majority of the income in the game from what I've seen it seems reasonable after all these years that AE techs could afford a new area just for that purpose.

As for the nerfs there are many ways around it.

Windfall perk being the best as it grants xp, influ, and 25% better loot drops in general.

Add xp booster if ya want to run those vet lvls up.

there are other buffs to.

People always get negative about ae farmers. And its sad but it is what it is. No farmer is going to force people to join and we get less rewards the more that join.

The loss of the majority of ae buildings will likely cause player base to plummet in due time and those who enjoy main content in a matter of years will likely be hit hardest when 50's start taking breaks due to other games or irl stuff.

This choice by game devs to remove ae in most zones will almost certainly hurt in the long run. Not against content cause I do enjoy content as well.

That said if anyone wants to try 3 modes of Fire Farms just search @ Skieth my global in game. I actually have an AV farm with an optional GM. (Giant Monster)

Now that to my knowledge is the only one that actually works and requires a 4-8 man team working together. de buffer, buffer and 2 properly slotted Fire farmers and someone who can dish huge damage like a brute will get it done in about 10-12 minutes.

Ive done it so worth it imo.

The issue isn't the Farmers.

The devs banned the early farmers for their runs for influence. Not on my watch.

And even if the devs implemented the 500 mil influence for an instant lvl 50 to say the p2w vendor that means the only players who could afford it would be people with a hefty wallet of income *inf* which as most know are the....anyone??

The Farmers of Ae:P

Reality is offering that service is nearly pointless even if a main content focused player saved up 500M would likely be using it for their own build and unless they player non stop would be saving up forever.

I make on average 10M every 6 minutes by myself before selling, and 2-3m with a full group in 6 minute and if I run the av only Firefarm with a full 8 man team I can accumulate close to 40m in 20 minutes.

Even with close to 480billion influence I can say with honesty not once would I ever pay influence to pop out a 50 from a p2w vendor. Just wont happen.

So lets say the devs got rid of ae entirely. This wont solve the problem of farmers.

As odd as it sounds regular missions can be turned into farms as well.

Back in the old days the maps we use now are the same maps that go hand in hand with story arcs, radio missions ect.

Sure the powers may need to be tweaked but the end result is the same. Get a Mission, then reset before completing. Rinse and Repeat.

The issue like I said isn't Farmers.

The issue is players opinion that it is somehow bad to have it.

Rule 1: as a farmer. Never and I repeat NEVER do any RMT be it ingame or external. EVER.

Rule 2: Moderation. Farmers must take time to enjoy content as well as irl stuff.

Rule3: Farmers are the ones that keep the economy afloat. Upsetting a farmer will upset the market.

Now if rule 1 is broken then I'd totally agree with players on their opinion.

Few bad apples though can always be dealt with.

19 minutes ago, Xcillion said:

The issue isn't the Farmers.

..and yet, what gets discussed most?

I don't think I've ever e-peened about how much I have or earn in a ridiculously short amount of time. Farmers are their own worst enemy.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Troo said:

..and yet, what gets discussed most?

I don't think I've ever e-peened about how much I have or earn in a ridiculously short amount of time. Farmers are their own worst enemy.

That's probably because you don't have anything worthwhile to e-peen about honey.

Haters gonna hate.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Troo said:

Then you're doing it wrong.  I mean, why are we on the forums if not to pwn some n00bs?   😛

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

30 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Then you're doing it wrong.  I mean, why are we on the forums if not to pwn some n00bs?   😛

I'm mostly here for the memes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Windfall's description has needed to be updated for quite some time. I'm fairly sure the +Inf portion, at the very least, was gutted in the SCORE days. I mean, it even talks about being VIP or having the proper reward level - that's a late live thing.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.