Softcap for new ITF?

Thrax

On 8/31/2022 at 10:02 PM, Sir Myshkin said:

This is really just making me want to start a team of Illusion Controllers to walk the 4* Content with indestructible Phantoms...

Sounds like a blast. If you ever want to run it through, give me shout and I'll bring my Ill/TA. 

RE: */Time, have you considered /Cold or maybe even /Rad?  Cold gives you your extra def, plus some End recovery and a bunch of -res/-regen.  Rad lacks the Def, but it's the OG for a  reason.

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

58 minutes ago, Killerhawk said:

RE: */Time, have you considered /Cold or maybe even /Rad?  Cold gives you your extra def, plus some End recovery and a bunch of -res/-regen.  Rad lacks the Def, but it's the OG for a  reason.

The reason I bypassed Cold was because it only produced the one shield (no dispersion bubble), and I was looking at max opportunity. I had to back peddle last night though after I started looking at an Ill/FF build. My mind completely slipped the fact that FF wouldn't be able to effect itself on Deflection and Insulation meaning the caster would miss out on that key piece. Time is actually where this might need to go, three Ill/Time instead of any FF use, with each of the Time users leveraging Power Boost since it is AoE defense.

And I excluded Rad on purpose because its two prime debuffs are anchors and I did not want to cause any form of aggro to leech back. The other half of the design process on this team make up are powers that are dropped and done so that aggro can stay linked to the Phantom Armies with hopefully no bleed over. Plus yeah it doesn't have any real contributions to the buff category when it comes to mass +def or +res which didn't help its case, but I had pretty much thrown it out right away.

• Like 1

Thanks again y’all for all the replies. Made a second build for my db/sr. It’s over 60s def for all not counting barrier. So far, I’ve done a 1-3 star on him. Runs really well. No accuracy issues. Dodging about as much as possible. Smooth attack chain without hasten. 

Also, did first 4 star on my main, sav/inv. Did just fine. Tanked Rom at the end for about half of one of his “lives” when tank died for a moment. He was just fine with no “special rework”. Had a great team though so I’m sure that was 95% of it.