How can I keep my alts active while I'm out for surgery?

Blazon

Hello!

In about 3 weeks, I'm going to be having some pretty serious surgery that will keep me away from any keyboarding or mousing for close to 3 months. Is there any way to "park" my characters in storage so they don't get deleted from inactivity?

Thanks!

No need to do anything on your part, your characters will still be there when you get back. There is no deletion for inactivity, and the name release system is in warning mode only for now so unless the devs decide to elevate that system to active while you are out (which is extremely unlikely), your names should be safe too.

• Like 1

They currently won't be deleted for inactivity. The name release policy is in warning mode only currently so it won't actually release your characters name. That said if they make the name release policy go live that would be a different story.

A solution and not one perfect if you have a good friend that you trust you can leave your username and password with them to login and log out. But that's risky, and comes down to trust between individuals.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blazon said:

Hello!

In about 3 weeks, I'm going to be having some pretty serious surgery that will keep me away from any keyboarding or mousing for close to 3 months. Is there any way to "park" my characters in storage so they don't get deleted from inactivity?

Your characters shouldn't get deleted, no matter how inactive they are, and they are only in the "warning" phase regarding the possibility of losing your character names, which means that you may get a '!' indicator next to them on the character select screen, but even then, no actions will be taken at this time.  Even if you did lose the character's name for some reason, you'd just have to change it when you logged back in, so the character and any progress won't be lost, regardless...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later