Corner Case in the WST

srmalloy

I'm certain that this isn't properly a bug, but there is a corner case for the WST. If a character does the WST while they are sub-50, then ding 50, unlock their alpha slot, and then do the WST again, they will get the Assistant badge (if they don't have it), correctly receive only the base XP for the TF, and will not receive a Notice of the Well, and because they did not receive a Notice, will not receive the Prismatic Aether Particle(s) reward. With the (presumptive) way that the WST rewards work, it's doing the right thing in not awarding a Notice (and the PaPs), but I wanted to throw out for comment the question of whether the game not being able to identify when a player has not received a Notice for completing a WST that week and award one for a WST completion is a sufficiently severe problem to warrant attention by the HC staff, or whether the number of times this specific situation will occur is small enough to not be worth putting in a special case for.

If I'm reading the OP right, then the comment is that the character in question does not get a Notice that week because was less than 50 when did the WST first, then 50 when did the WST as a repeat. With no Notice reward for being 50 the second time.

7 hours ago, TheZag said:

I think it falls under a 1 bonus reward per week category.  You get the bonus xp for the WST as a sub 50 so there is no second bonus of a notice in the same week on that character.

This.  Awarding bonus XP AND the Notice/Aether Particle would be double-dipping the WST bonus.  If you really want the level 50 rewards, level the character up before running the WST, I guess.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!