On 10/3/2022 at 8:53 PM, PLVRIZR said:

Here's the complete export.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.6
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

ZZAAPPP_v3.0: Level 50 Mutation Brute
Primary Power Set: Electrical Melee
Secondary Power Set: Electric Armor

Thanks! I'm going to give this a port to my current project: Axe / Electric Armor. I always had a soft spot for Battle Axe and the new version of it is a blast.

My two other favorite brutes are:
Miraculass - Staff / Invuln. Such a fun combo and concept with a secret identity and CC emotes.

Fleas- Savage / Bio. Another superfun combo for when I feel like being more involved with clicking the Bio powers instead of being on Invuln's cruise control invincibility.

On Live my favorite brute was Super Strength / Elec but I still haven't had the heart to recreate it. I still have the saved costumes though! I ported the concept over to a Peacebringer.

On 11/22/2022 at 10:20 AM, BurtHutt said:

I'm a fan of Brutes. It seems Tanks are getting a bit more damage and a bit more AoE so I might be sliding towards the dark side....

I also am wondering if anyone can tell me if they are liking the revamped Axe set for Brutes? What did you pair it with? Have a build?

As far as fave Brute....tough call...maybe my Titan/Bio? 

New Battle Axe is a blast! The tornado attack is a sweet way of clumping up a spawn so you can chop 'em up. If you activate it while moving (like jumping from one spawn to another) it sucks them all through the air with you and drops 'em at your feet. It's hilarious!

I was surprised to see that the T9 is a 40' ranged PBAoE and it's tremendously useful. They buffed one other attack into a PBAoe, so you have three AoEs and three single-target attacks, pretty good balance and dishes out plenty of damage with every attack doing knockdown.

It uses a ton of endurance though, which is why I went with Electric Armor for the end recovery. Previously tried it with SR but burned out the blue bar so fast it wasn't funny. It'd be great with Bio, Energy Aura, Fire, or anything else with a Consume power to keep the pain train going.

Edited by ninja surprise

43 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

Thanks! I'm going to give this a port to my current project: Axe / Electric Armor. I always had a soft spot for Battle Axe and the new version of it is a blast.

My two other favorite brutes are:
Miraculass - Staff / Invuln. Such a fun combo and concept with a secret identity and CC emotes.

Fleas- Savage / Bio. Another superfun combo for when I feel like being more involved with clicking the Bio powers instead of being on Invuln's cruise control invincibility.

On Live my favorite brute was Super Strength / Elec but I still haven't had the heart to recreate it. I still have the saved costumes though! I ported the concept over to a Peacebringer.

New Battle Axe is a blast! The tornado attack is a sweet way of clumping up a spawn so you can chop 'em up. If you activate it while moving (like jumping from one spawn to another) it sucks them all through the air with you and drops 'em at your feet. It's hilarious!

I was surprised to see that the T9 is a 40' ranged PBAoE and it's tremendously useful. They buffed one other attack into a PBAoe, so you have three AoEs and three single-target attacks, pretty good balance and dishes out plenty of damage with every attack doing knockdown.

It uses a ton of endurance though, which is why I went with Electric Armor for the end recovery. Previously tried it with SR but burned out the blue bar so fast it wasn't funny. It'd be great with Bio, Energy Aura, Fire, or anything else with a Consume power to keep the pain train going.

Love Axe on my Tanker, but should be stated, the AOE on the T9 is a small AOE and treated as a single target melee attack.  It's like 3ft around the target.  Which is one of the things I like about it and the other bigger AOE, based around a target.  Feels like the one hits more targets than the one on Street Justice.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BrandX said:

Love Axe on my Tanker, but should be stated, the AOE on the T9 is a small AOE and treated as a single target melee attack.  It's like 3ft around the target.  Which is one of the things I like about it and the other bigger AOE, based around a target.  Feels like the one hits more targets than the one on Street Justice.

Yep - in-game stats show:

Power Range: 40.00 ft.

Effect Area: AoE -- 3.00 ft. radius (5 targets max)

Attack Types: melee defense, lethal defense

On 11/24/2022 at 9:16 AM, Gobbledegook said:

SS/Bio.

I am thinking of making a Spines/Stone next though.

This is my current favorite. He is Dwarven Battlerager, my take on the famous Thibbledorf Pwent! In true Gutbuster style, just standing near him is offensive and deadly. You can bounce around acrobatically to maximize Spines coverage, or just stand there and flail on your keyboard, and it's pretty much the same result. All the DoTs i headcanon as copious bleeding. And I built for 50%+ defense and over 3.1k HP.

10/10 style points. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later
39 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

I’m looking to run a Sav/Elec after running my Sav/Bio. How did you like yours?

I like him but he leans more towards one of my secondary/proof of concept Brute than one I am greatly focused on, so he is only slowly moving through his 40s (think he's level 44). He works well in a highly active, go, Go, GO! playstyle. But honestly, if you have a Savage/Bio Brute already, I am not sure what you are going to get from Savage/Elec that you do not mostly have already.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/24/2022 at 9:16 AM, Gobbledegook said:

SS/Bio.

I am thinking of making a Spines/Stone next though.

Spines/Stone is still my go-to after 3 months. A lot of that is concept, but it is super fun. I love a tanky Brute, and Spines kinda fascinates me in how all these clunky powers magically come together once you add end redux and recharge.

Can't say I'm not hoping for a Spines rework...I have my ideas about that. However, Brimstone and Interface do make a noticable difference when chewing away at a hard target. 

5 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Sorry to necro this (has rigor mortis set in yet?) but I'm curious,  do you proc slot SS or just set slot and let Fury do the work?

On my SS/Bio, I just set slot and let Fury do the work. But that is not considered top tier play.

My Axe/EnA Brute is easily one of the most fun toons on my roster. Between Axe Cyclone and Fold Space, I haven't played something with this much herding power in years. Oh, you need the entire room over here? Piece o' cake.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I'm having a weird /Regen renaissance right now. I just really like the lack of downtime and how layering absolutely anything on top of it is fine. Resist, defence, knockdown, whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

• 3 weeks later

Update: Still having a blast with Brutes.

Made my SS/Electric again and it's even more fun than before with Footstomp coming earlier. Get to Foostomp the Freaks on Yin TF!

Also having fun with an Axe/Ice Brute that goes through endurance WAY too fast.

I have an Ice/Energy Brute that was a blast until I got to the Carnie contacts 😞

• Like 2

Maybe it’s the CoV influence, maybe it’s the name - I don’t know. But brutes all the way. I’ve tried to play scrappers (for which I’ve managed one to max level). Other than the one, they never get very far. There is crunchiness and physicality to the AT that isn’t present with any other archetype. Brute4ever.

WM/Wp (based on the Jersey Shore)

Claws/Fire (reformed former farmer)

Spines/Dark (who cares about endurance?!?)

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

• 4 weeks later
On 9/3/2022 at 5:13 AM, Cutter said:

Savage/Rad, Ice/Rad. I kinda have a thing for /Rad.

Hey, 

as a am looking for an Ice/Rad Build for my brute, would you be willing to share your build? 

I would really appreciate 🙂

Thank yoiu

On 2/21/2023 at 12:25 AM, Radeon said:

Hey, 

as a am looking for an Ice/Rad Build for my brute, would you be willing to share your build? 

I would really appreciate 🙂

Thank yoiu

Sorry to make you wait, I haven't been on much in the last few months. Randomly hopped on tonight to see if I can find a new broot build to respark my interest.

I don't have the build export but I'm happy to attach the mids file for you. Hopefully there's some nuggets of goodness in there for you!

Mooclear Winter - Brute (Ice Melee).mxd

• Thumbs Up 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Currently only have 2 Brutes on the go (I've only been back a little while)

A Spines/Rad which I enjoy, especially in teams.

A DM/Inv which is a remake of my first ever lvl 50 villain on teams and man does he make me smile. Just so much fun to play 

Some people are like Slinkies. Not good for much but they make ya smile when ya push them down the stairs