Brutes are great! Have a favorite?

FUBARczar

• 2 weeks later

My main is Claws/WP. He's stupidly durable with 90% S/L resists. Just for fun I parked him in the middle of a giant mob of Romans in a solo ITF while I made dinner. I came back a half hour later and he was still standing there, even though his defense was debuffed into the dirt and everything was hitting him. He just didn't care. 

My main farmer is Claws/Fire. I wanted something a little different from the usual agriculture go-tos. He's fun, and with Permahasten his Spin recharges in like 3 seconds, so his AoE output is pretty bonkers. 

I have a Katana/Rad that is also pretty insane. I don't think he's actually died in months now. 

My favorite Brute was Titan/Rad, but then they nerfed Titan Weapons I remade him as War Mace/Rad which I really like. 

He is extremely Tanky. Rad is one of my favorite Defense sets.  The Smashing damage does not seem to be a huge drawback.

I leveled up a Psi/Dark Brute awhile back that I haven't played, decided to give that a try. 

• 4 weeks later

On Live? I only had 3 toons total but I played the absolute crap out of them. I'm not much for ranged fighting so I always stuck to builds that could run solo and had the ability to heal themselves.
SS/Inv tank - outside of Carnies and Rikti with Psi powers this toon was un-hurtable.
EM/Inv Brute - same, just better DPS.
Crabber - spiders were the "new" thing so I made one for the giggles. I said what I said. I'm old.

So here, outside of the Crabbermind I've branched out a bit but, since I like to beat the crap out of things by myself (and join TF/SF's when I'm in the mood), I'm experimenting with the following, keeping in mind I don't do farms - I'm playing things that I can progress through all the stuff I missed on live so many years ago:
Ice/Elec Brute - my namesake, and I'm liking it a LOT. Ice slows everything down, dmg aura beefs up my dps and the resists are strong. Concept wise it might be my best toon ever.
SJ/Shield Brute- new build I'm messing with, but it's visually fun to think I'm captain 'murica - I quit playing way before the end stages on live so never got to play with either powerset.
Staff/SR Brute- my cousin wrote a book and this is my attempt to create a character from it here. Again, visually fun but I'm too early into playing it to really know. Mids looks not too shabby but I think it might actually require playing in groups to really shine since the HP isn't that high and the DPS isn't great (so many AoE's) but it's also faster than my Crabbermind, which is something.

Also, Psi/Dark was really neat. Early levels the end use is massive but I think the potential was there for something really fun. Probably roll it again after I game it out in Mids to see what I can come up with in terms of slotting.

* edited because I used a word repeatedly inside the same sentence and it annoyed me.

Edited by HVAC3
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

I think Brutes are my most-played AT, both to 50 and in general.

Which doesn't mean I'm an expert but I do have so many I love.

Current Brute project is Dark/Elec. So much more damage than I expected. Also dies more than I expected but I'm still working up the leveling/slotting ladder so she's made of glass.

Pleasantly Surprised award is tied. Originally it was Kat/WP which sounds like a boring combo but is wildly effective. Really good if you want to incorporate a lot of toggles like leadership or combat flight, since you have End to spare. After the revamp is BA/Regen which, even beforehand worked well enough synergistically but now also wrecks shop.

WM/EnA isn't just a meme. This combo rocks once Energize comes online. You just proc out everything that isn't taking Brute ATO bonuses and make sure FF+ is in Crowd Control and go. This pairing is Exhibit A for why EnA shouldn't come to Tankers, but I give a damn about game balance so when it does I'm rolling this.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Current Brute project is Dark/Elec. So much more damage than I expected. Also dies more than I expected but I'm still working up the leveling/slotting ladder so she's made of glass.

Same. Never rushed to get married as fast as this character. That and adding more KB protection since I just can’t. stop. hitting. the. Spacebar! Trying to decide between Dark Consumption (+) and Power Sink (-) as I don’t plan to have room for both.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

32 minutes ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Trying to decide between Dark Consumption (+) and Power Sink (-) as I don’t plan to have room for both.

Power Sink without a doubt. Recharge is 60 sec (vs. 180), it's autohit, and the endurance refill is per foe hit. With 2-3 foes in range you can go from 0 to 100 in one shot.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

39 minutes ago, Uun said:

Power Sink without a doubt. Recharge is 60 sec (vs. 180), it's autohit, and the endurance refill is per foe hit. With 2-3 foes in range you can go from 0 to 100 in one shot.

Elec Armor/Dark Melee seems like it’d be REALLY good on a Tanker. Cool concept as well.

dark/fire got stupidly fun with some patches.  page5 allowed me to kill through synapes without getting bored.  Just Burn, Touch of Fear and whatever

6/6 ato1 in burn just to maximize its recharge at all levels

5/6 ato2 in siphon life, 6th slot is a level 53 golgi

• 4 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

I've got 3 in regular rotation.

Little Red 'Vette: Savage/Bio. Kind of fell by the wayside since she was an earlier character for me and bio was a bit complicated. I've recently started using her again, and I really like how she tears things up.

Guiding Blade: Katana/Energy. Probably my favorite melee character with a weapon. Spring attack into groups and start slicing and dicing.

LMN8R: Martial/Elec. I like the flow with MA, and prefer this guy to my MA/SR tank.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/17/2022 at 9:39 AM, Without_Pause said:

I have three in the like or higher category. Claws/wp, Rad/bio, and Ice/stone. Ice/stone is as close as I have seen to a perfect build although that doesn't mean the build couldn't be better, etc. Any /fire Brute really simply exists for farm reasons, as I haven't been exactly blown away with fire for general purpose content, and yes, I have a general content build on one of them. I'm working on a Claws/ea, but only level 25 so far. I see no reason for it to not join the others in the like+ category.

Since I took a decent break from the game, the Claws/ea finally hit 30. I picked Shockwave over Energize at 30, but I will grab Energize at 32. Still liking it a lot. I need to bump my diff as it is only +1/x3.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."