Symphony/Sonic Build?

krj12

Doesnt look like Mids has been updated yet,  but wondering if anyone has a build yet for this combination, or at least point to a similar

combo that I can model it after?

Goals:  

Good control,  excellent survivability in TFS like the ITF,  and decent DPS.

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Symph/Sonic is a pretty potent combo, though I liked it better before they fixed the Reverb's AI, for soloing post level 40 anyway. And, afaik, Symphony hasn't been added to MIDs yet, which might be why builds aren't popping up for it. I'd check out this thread from Tex, where slotting strategies were discussed for Symp while we were still in the beta: 

Symphony is a great set, once you get used to the playstyle; there's always folks who don't like it, but it's not a bad set in and of itself.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

@Psyonico, thanks for posting the build. I am playing around with it and have it softcapped to most defences now. I will continue to tinker. I am not familiar with Symphony powers so I will have to see how it goes. Just from messing around with MIDS, I notice a lot of the powers do not have much damage. Is this powerset tough to play due to lack of damage? Or is there something that causes a lot of damage or playstyle or...?

Like every other controller set, Symphony doesn't do much damage by itself.  Mine is only 27, so I don't have any high level experience with it yet.  The damage in the confuse and Arcane bolt will make up most of your damage.  You're going to want to team with it, especially if your secondary is /Sonic.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Symphony can actually be pretty damaging for a controller set. If you check out the thread I linked above, you'll see some of the strategies to make it so. The stun power, especially, is one you want to slot for damage because it hits like a freight train. I'd like to say that soloing is nice as /Sonic, but as I mentioned in my first post, you're definitely going to want to team with it now that reverb plays with a ranged AI. Symphony is a set that really wants you to be using it, almost like a blast set, so you'll want a secondary that doesn't require a lot of fiddling; my experience is a bit limited since I didn't test much outside of /Sonic on beta, but /Dark seems to be a pretty nice pairing for Symphony as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

5 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

@Psyonico, thanks for posting the build. I am playing around with it and have it softcapped to most defences now. I will continue to tinker. I am not familiar with Symphony powers so I will have to see how it goes. Just from messing around with MIDS, I notice a lot of the powers do not have much damage. Is this powerset tough to play due to lack of damage? Or is there something that causes a lot of damage or playstyle or...?

From what I've seen of it, it seems to do very good damage, relative to most other controller sets, but it is still a controller after all. 

Of course you can always pair it with secondaries like  storm, kinetics, or trick arrow if you want to pump its damage higher.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Symphony can actually be pretty damaging for a controller set. If you check out the thread I linked above, you'll see some of the strategies to make it so. The stun power, especially, is one you want to slot for damage because it hits like a freight train. I'd like to say that soloing is nice as /Sonic, but as I mentioned in my first post, you're definitely going to want to team with it now that reverb plays with a ranged AI. Symphony is a set that really wants you to be using it, almost like a blast set, so you'll want a secondary that doesn't require a lot of fiddling; my experience is a bit limited since I didn't test much outside of /Sonic on beta, but /Dark seems to be a pretty nice pairing for Symphony as well.

Which one is the stun power?

• 2 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later

I'd make an argument for Electrical Affinity.

On 9/16/2022 at 10:17 PM, BurtHutt said:

How are you guys slotting Reverberant? For set bonuses, I plan to do 2 Basilisks and 3 Nightmare. 

Reverberant doesn't actually do all that much damage, so slotting pure procs tends to yield more damage. The question is: which procs?

A single Melodic Binding will yield 3 attacks w/2 sec recharge. A single Hymn of Dissonance will yield 2 attacks w/4 sec recharge. A single Aria of Stasis will yield 2 attacks w/6 sec recharge. So while Hold (especially with Unbreakable Constraint) deals more damage than either Immobilize power, the combination of both Immobilize powers with Trap of the Hunter + slow procs yields more overall damage.

With that in mind, no slotting strategy is ever going to make Reverberant a particularly useful pet. It just doesn't deal a lot of damage and the Cone-centric nature of the set makes using it as a control mechanism in anything except purely single target fights an exercise in frustration.

Also, to make Reverberant useful, you really need a play a set with +hit bonuses to allies (Time, Pain, Empathy, Electric, Thermal all come to mind - might be others).