TwinShot a twin? Who knew!

Oman

Heh. Yeah, the NPC pathing in that mission chain, at least the parts inside that base, have been seriously bugged since its debut. I noticed that it only seems to be a problem with the female NPCs, Twinshot and Flambeaux. I'm no programmer, but I suspect it's somehow related to the fact that both Twinshot and Flambeaux spawn offscreen when you hit a "trigger" in the script, and then come to you, while the male characters are pre-spawned in a specific spot, and you go to them.

Then, in the scene you screenshotted, I have a suspicion that one of those Twinshots is supposed to be Proton. You start the mission on the first floor, Twinshot shows up, and then you take the elevator to the second floor to meet Proton and Flambeaux. From there you go to the third floor to meet Dillo, at which point you get the message from Proton about a disturbance back on the first floor. Since you, Twinshot, Flambeaux, and Dillo are on the third floor* and Proton is on the second floor, he ought to get down to the first floor before you do.

*The four of you are technically on the third floor, but the bugged pathing for Twinshot and Flambeaux has them running back and forth between you and the elevators, and apparently going up and down the elevators for no good reason, and I think that, in the confusion of the coding, a Twinshot model gets substituted for the Proton model (you'll notice that, when you pass through the second floor again on your way down, Proton is not there where you left him, so it's safe to assume that he is supposed to be heading down to the front entrance encounter). Then Twinshot shows up after the fight is over asking, "Who's this?", and you have to specifically talk to that Twinshot, not the other one, to complete the mission.

The whole thing is a mess. I think the Shining Stars arc was added at the same time the game went Free-to-Play (veterans, correct me if I'm wrong about that - I only found the live game shortly after it went FTP), and I suspect the devs' time was being taken up with the in-game store stuff and bugfixing got put off for later. And then the shutdown announcement came before they could get to fixing this stuff :(

Is this during that intro mission of sorts? I ran into it the other day when I was L6'ing some alts and decided to do that mission. I was like, um, which of you do I click on?!? 😛

I meant to report it, but left it alone.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)