Competition to be the new trainer of Atlas Park.

captainstar

Suggestion, a competition to have a player-created character as 1 trainer in Atlas Park.

Rules:
• Between January and February a topic would be opened so that all members of this forum could participate.
• It is only allowed to post 1 character per person in the topic.
• In March the names of the characters would be placed in a box, in which a random character would be drawn.
• The winner would keep his character as a trainer until the end of the year.

miss.png

Edited by captainstar
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

I was going more for "why does the current trainer need replacing," personally. Granted, that wasn't clear.

Eh. I'm not against it (the devs have done this for ... I believe as-yet-unreleased content, asking for player submissions,) but I think I'd rather see it for new NPCs or groups.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

What would be fun would be to have the various Primal Earth hero trainers dress as their Praetorian counterparts for Halloween.  For April Fools, move Ms. Liberty to the top of the Atlas globe, or maybe have BABs take her place for a little while...

Edited by biostem

2 hours ago, captainstar said:

I'm not suggesting something for April Fools. Not wanting to be rude. But if you guys don't like my idea you can make your own topics or just ignore this one. So many complaints. cheese.... 

Welcome to the internet and the forums, btw its called conversation. Everyone has different ideas/opinions, some will question why, some will ask things unrelated, some will interject their own spin, etc, etc.

As far as being "rude" or "not liking it" I haven't seen anyone say it was stupid or stfu n00b.

Don't take it personally, just answer the posters, and expand upon your explanation if necessary. I asked a question and you never responded, now in my book that's rude but, you don't see me getting upset. 

It's OK, just get back to your thread, and answer/explain your idea. People will offer suggestions I see a couple already. Make it fun!

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

3 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Welcome to the internet and the forums, btw its called conversation. Everyone has different ideas/opinions, some will question why, some will ask things unrelated, some will interject their own spin, etc, etc.

As far as being "rude" or "not liking it" I haven't seen anyone say it was stupid or stfu n00b.

Don't take it personally, just answer the posters, and expand upon your explanation if necessary. I asked a question and you never responded, now in my book that's rude but, you don't see me getting upset. 

It's OK, just get back to your thread, and answer/explain your idea. People will offer suggestions I see a couple already. Make it fun!

Yeah, indeed. But I answer a similar question, saying that can be anywhere too. Or could be a statue instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Black Scorpion on the dais in Atlas Park as the trainer for a real "wait, what?" moment...

When people try to train he loudly compliments the good taste of all the squishies who sneaked Redside to pick up Scorpion Shield.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Black Scorpion on the dais in Atlas Park as the trainer for a real "wait, what?" moment...

My first thought was actually Rularuu The Ravager, or whoever that big tall dude is.

• Like 1

Here's the thing.  Liberty is also standing there in IP on the Freighter (pretending to be an LHD) so while I like Liberty I wouldn't have a problem with a change.  But what I would want would be to see Back Alley Brawler returned to his role as a newbie trainer in Atlas if they did make a permanent change.  On live I always trained with BaB in Galaxy until they blew it up.  Now as a short term joke or tribute, sure, whatever floats your boat but permanent, no.  I already don't like the swap of Castle for Incandescent so lets avoid more stupid decisions in that area.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I think this is a fun idea, but have the winner become the Quartermaster in Atlas Park, instead of the generic longbow agent that is there normally. That keeps plot-important Ms. Liberty (and other trainers) where they belong but let a superfan be part of the game for a few months. Or practically forever, the next winner gets to be a quartermaster in another zone, and so on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Completist said:

I think this is a fun idea, but have the winner become the Quartermaster in Atlas Park, instead of the generic longbow agent that is there normally. That keeps plot-important Ms. Liberty (and other trainers) where they belong but let a superfan be part of the game for a few months. Or practically forever, the next winner gets to be a quartermaster in another zone, and so on.

This I think I like more.  One in Atlas, one in Mercy replacing the arbiter. Goldside, well, the three people playing that regularly can decide between themselves. >.> ;)

• Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.