Best sets for Relentless Aeon and Invincible ITF

FUBARczar

12 hours ago, StriderIV said:

How does Time Manipulation fair in these HM content? I feel like the huge +Def it brings could be a boon for any team.

Additional team defense buffs are always a plus on these HM thingies since the necessary defense caps have raised significantly.  The one thing I do look for most when making these are lots of debuffing.  The team can always slot a bunch of Barriers to maintain high defenses but you just can't get significant debuffing from incarnates.  That's why I'll look for debuffers first who might also add some buffing as well, that's why Colds are so in demand on these things.  So it's really more about how much debuffing Time can bring to the table as well.  

I've had Time players come along and the team did well, I just don't look for a bunch of them like I would Colds and well played TA's.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Thumbs Up 3

39 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Additional team defense buffs are always a plus on these HM thingies since the necessary defense caps have raised significantly.  The one thing I do look for most when making these are lots of debuffing.  The team can always slot a bunch of Barriers to maintain high defenses but you just can't get significant debuffing from incarnates.  That's why I'll look for debuffers first who might also add some buffing as well, that's why Colds are so in demand on these things.  So it's really more about how much debuffing Time can bring to the table as well.  

I've had Time players come along and the team did well, I just don't look for a bunch of them like I would Colds and well played TA's.  

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Multiple colds with a Thermal/Elec/Kin seem to be more of the meta. I think Time is more of a Force Multiplier

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

One point I'll make in favor of Force Field is that you can use PBU (Power Build Up) with it to double the shields defensive strength when you cast them, potentially allowing for fewer support characters and more damage ones on the team.  In addition, with the latest revamp, Repulsion Bolt is -20% ST resistance and Force Bomb is -15% AoE resistance, while Damping Bubble gives easily permable team debuff resistance.  No -regen in the set, but its at least worth considering on a HM TF. 

By contrast, to the best of my knowledge, Cold's shields don't benefit from PBU because they have a resistance component, is that correct?  

1 hour ago, Scientist said:

By contrast, to the best of my knowledge, Cold's shields don't benefit from PBU because they have a resistance component, is that correct?  

That's correct.

In regards to your force fielder, they can use power build up or power boost (soul) and even combine with clarion radials +special and get some pretty big numbers for those shields.

That said debuffs are king for hard mode.

9 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

That's correct.

In regards to your force fielder, they can use power build up or power boost (soul) and even combine with clarion radials +special and get some pretty big numbers for those shields.

That said debuffs are king for hard mode.

Yeah, love my Water/Cold. Amazing debuffs. Currently leveling a Thermal/Elec. I think Thermal strikes a REALLY nice balance of buffing and debuffing.

Working on a final build for a Cold/Ice defender, and was curious on people's thoughts.  A proc build gives the most personal damage by far, and still gets about 65% recharge.  I could also go with a recharge focused build to get debuffs like Benumb and Heat Loss up faster, and lose about half my personal damage, or a defense focused build and get up to the regular soft cap for ranged defense, for example, but lose some recharge and about half my personal damage.  

My expectation is that this character will be on PUGs so can't count on 3-4 other cold corruptors or defenders buffing me, any suggestions on the best direction to take for these hard mode TFs?  I have to survive to buff and debuff, and know what I would need to do to go in each of these three directions for a build, but am not sure what is most needed for support.  

Debuffs help due to the fact that Hard Modes (especially 3-4 star) grant insane stat bonuses to the mobs - including AVs. You need a good mix of team buffs and mob debuff to be able to effectively get through the higher stars.

You could, in theory, get away with minimal debuff and maximal team buffs but you won't be completing a 3-4 star in under 2 hours.

But for example, relying on proc'd / minimal debuffs from attacks (i.e katana, broadsword, masterminds) versus having something like cold or dark? You won't see an easy time on ASF or ITF. Especially since the ITF HM makes the Surgeons REALLY annoying.

You can get away with not-optimal team comps on 1-2 star. 3-4, you need to think about what sets you bring. I had an almost entirely buff based ASF and ITF. It was not easy by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

• 1 month later

The best thing to do is bring all of them!  I ran an all-corrupter 4-star Aeon last night with my pals and it was awesome.  Not sure I'd try it with Marlon Randos though.  We even finished off Vanguard for the bonus aether.  

We had two /colds, an /electric, /poison, /rad, /nature, /thermal and /kin.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

On 3/9/2023 at 9:40 AM, Jiro Ito said:

The best thing to do is bring all of them!  I ran an all-corrupter 4-star Aeon last night with my pals and it was awesome.  Not sure I'd try it with Marlon Randos though.  We even finished off Vanguard for the bonus aether.  

We had two /colds, an /electric, /poison, /rad, /nature, /thermal and /kin.

no Dark.  tsk tsk

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2023 at 9:00 AM, Snarky said:

no Dark.  tsk tsk

i think our /darks are dark/ fenders, we did that too 🙂

• Like 2

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**