Praetoria Forever?

Marine X

I have done Praetorian Characters before, which exit to Blueside and then usually try to stick to content that is relevant. What is the most efficient leveling Method to stay in Praetoria to level 50??, and how do you handle the Exit Arc so that you don't have to choose blue or red, or do you choose but not go. I have the current Praetorian character to level 12, so the time to act is closing in.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

You can just not play the exit arc if you don't want to.  First Ward and Night Ward can be accessed by Praetorian characters so you can keep levelling there.  Unfortunately you're still going to run out of content at some point, but if you really want to commit to getting to 50 as a Praetorian you can use AE in PD.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

You can also join lower level teams running missions in praetoria in addition to AE to get to level 50.  Lvl 50 praetorians can join itrials but thats pretty much it.  Maybe summer blockbuster and house of horrors but i havent tried for those.

On 9/6/2022 at 7:24 AM, TheZag said:

You can also join lower level teams running missions in praetoria in addition to AE to get to level 50.  Lvl 50 praetorians can join itrials but thats pretty much it.  Maybe summer blockbuster and house of horrors but i havent tried for those.

SBB and House of Horrors works fine.   Any iTrial.   The Belladonna arc  since its mission doors are in the Night Ward.

Cathedral of Pain and the instanced Mothership Raid.   Whoops, need the Member of Vanguard for MSR

And they can repeat content with an Ouro crystal from a base. And it's possible to use TT to get to a "train" mission, similar to the Market Crash train.  (Hmm, could be possible to do the last mission of Market Crash?)

add: Unsure on the TT thing now since I havent gotten it to work for a bit.

Edited by lemming
TT test, and MSR rememberence

You can do Ward missions. If you set your notoriety right, you can get as high as 45. Just remember to save Fireball for last because he's the one you'll out-level last. the last 5 levels are the toughest. You can keep an eye out for high-level teams that take place in the Wards, those will take you through the last few levels. That or some AE gold-related content. there are some that are really good (cough... @Darmian's... cough).

Pillar missions will limit you to gold side content. Ouro won't accept you, so better have one in your base. While the pillar will let you access the mission list for red and blue side, you can't go there and will be mapserved back to gold side.

• Like 1

Hola, been on a little vacay, sorry for slow response.  What @Krimson and @Six-Six are saying is accurate. And for a story gap between Neutropolis and First Ward I have two trilogies of canon derived AEs for those levels.

You don't have to take the Rift Mission at all, just go to The Doorman in the Imperial Underground, chat to him, then he'll send you through the door beside him into First Ward.

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

19 minutes ago, lemming said:

I did find one annoying aspect to Ouro, Primals & Praetorians can't seem to team while in a base which makes starting a mission arc via the crystal a no-go

That's a remnant of base raids.  Players of different factions cannot team together in SG bases as a result.  From what I understand, it would be remarkably difficult to change as cross-faction teaming in SG bases would allow teammates to destroy parts of a SG base.  Unfortunate considering that base raids will never come back.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 10:24 AM, TheZag said:

You can also join lower level teams running missions in praetoria

There are teams in Praetoria?

I've never seen one in the wild.  I think I assumed that being gold side stopped the teaming function from working or something.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

They're pretty fun to do solo whilst auto-exemped on a fully slotted 50. 🙂

I have done a few of those.  With a few non-praetorians as well.   I think I was trying to trigger an alignment change with my praetorian to get the Pilot badge, but doesn't look my Resistance member will be able to get that.   My lower level one got it. Commuter, and Shopkeeper, since they were still going back and forth.

Have a Praetorian Base Question. Have never bothered with a base before, as I was planning to leave, I may take the hero exit just for the accolades to be available. But anyway, was setting up the base and neither the Icon Employee or Facemaker will do anything but tell me they won't talk to people from other dimensions, is there no Praetorian Taylor option for bases? All the other NPCs work fine, Base TP, Auto-Doc, Pillar of Ice and Flame, Merit Vendor, Crafting all work, but not the Taylor.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

30 minutes ago, Marine X said:

Have a Praetorian Base Question. Have never bothered with a base before, as I was planning to leave, I may take the hero exit just for the accolades to be available. But anyway, was setting up the base and neither the Icon Employee or Facemaker will do anything but tell me they won't talk to people from other dimensions, is there no Praetorian Taylor option for bases? All the other NPCs work fine, Base TP, Auto-Doc, Pillar of Ice and Flame, Merit Vendor, Crafting all work, but not the Taylor.

An oversight I think.  But a trip to PD works fine.

• Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )