Continuing the CoH Meta Story?

mrdeeds7

5 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Can you say Red Widow is that powerful to take a patron spot?

I can't say jack about her power level.... The character, to put it bluntly, is about as developed as an unexposed Polaroid.

That was just the plan mentioned by the old game devs in one of the post-shutdown Lore AMAs. 

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Red Widow is not defined beyond name, appearance, and brief mention of past. She held Ghost Widow's spot leading the Fortunatas prior to both their deaths and you can read some fear in some of Ghost Widow's comments depending on how you choose to interpret those same comments.

The Live devs had declared that Red Widow was slated to take Scirocco's place as patron. And they were free to make her how ever powerful they wanted her to be to hold that position.

10 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Red Widow is not defined beyond name, appearance, and brief mention of past. She held Ghost Widow's spot leading the Fortunatas prior to both their deaths and you can read some fear in some of Ghost Widow's comments depending on how you choose to interpret those same comments.

The Live devs had declared that Red Widow was slated to take Scirocco's place as patron. And they were free to make her how ever powerful they wanted her to be to hold that position.

That'd actually be an interesting shakeup. The Mu split off into their own Rogue aligned faction with Scirocco at the head, Red Widow steps up into his place as patron by either taking over the remaining Mu still loyal to Arachnos or helping Arachnos develop their own magical faction if the Mu exodus is too large. Hell, or have Red Widow take over the Fortunatas/Night Widows while Ghost Widow is the one pushed into heading a new magic-themed Arachnos faction. It'd tie back into all those Redside ghost arcs, could segue into Recluse looking for a way to resurrect Statesman himself (so he can fight and kill him and finally prove himself better/get revenge), actually give Ghost Widow an outside circumstance to deal with (even if the dead can't change, everything else around them can), provide an opportunity to showcase Red Widow as a character and not just a plot token for Recluse...

Plus, more patron drama. No matter what direction it went, Ghost Widow would have valid concerns over her former boss returning (and actually brought back as a living person, rather than just a ghost), while Mako and Black Scorpion would probably despise the idea that Recluse is 'playing favorites' in promoting his old flame - even if Recluse himself doesn't care. Honestly, I'd expect Recluse would just make Red Widow a patron because 'damn if I'm going to let anyone else have her.' After all, he left her dead for decades, so he couldn't actually have wanted her around again that much.

• Like 2

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

All of the Paragon devs will have found other work, and I'm pretty sure that, until the HC staff can work out some sort of legal accommodation with NCsoft to legitimize HC's status, none of them would be able to work on Homecoming in any sort of recognized capacity. HC is trying to work out a legitimate status for itself with NCsoft, and I think that they would tapdance around doing anything overt to interfere with the (perceivedly glacial) negotiations to that end.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:10 AM, Rudra said:

Huh? Are you sure? On another thread, I was told that the devs said that Mu'Vorkan was going to take Scirocco's place.

• 1 year later