Ninja Training - Question About Smoke Flash

High_Beam

I have a question that is on my mind.  Last night I was in Mids doing a framework build for my DP/Ninja Blaster and looked at Smoke Flash. at the possibility of proc firing in it.  Mids says it will take taunt enhancements but wiki doesn't list that as an option (I know its a Placate power).  Now when I get home I can port it to test and bump to level but maybe a quick answer here will allow me to continue my theorycrafting while at work.

So can you slot taunt Sets in Smoke Flash?  And if you can, if you used a damage proc like the one found in Perfect Zinger's would it invalidate the placate or would it deal the damage then the placate?

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Yes, yes you can slot Taunt IOs into Smoke Flash. And I've got the +Psi dmg and +Disorient in mine. I took it as a panic button attack when I'm overwhelmed and need to git outta there fast... But, I never really get to use it much, so I can't really say for sure if it does proc damage THEN placate. Sorry.

Thank you. I was looking at it as the same thing.  When I get home I will copy to test and bump to see.  It has me . . . curious.  I will report obviously.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I think I tried to use a damage proc in the Concealment version (Misdirection) and it seemed like the proc was causing the Placate to fail periodically.  I can't say for certain though since it feels like these AoE Placates just don't work as Placates from time to time.  Last time I played my /Ninja Blaster Smoke Flash wasn't Placatting at all (i'm hoping that's been fixed by now).

Still worth taking for the crowd -Res though, especially if you have a good PBAoE nuke.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.