Wondering what to play

madatlis16

what would you recommend for something that is fun to play (fun being good survivalist) with decent dmg AoE. I have thought about /will or /regen since I like the idea of high regen. It seems nearly impossible though on /regen with instant healing to have it up at good times with its long recharge.

Although primarily a resist set, Radiation Armor has two powers that boost regen, a very good heal and a PBAoE attack. Willpower is good, but has little protection against debuffs, so runs into trouble when hit with -regen or -end. For primary, Spines, War Mace, Staff and Claws all have solid AoE.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I've been leveling a bio/claw tank lately, I bet the combo would be good on a brute too. With a smattering of recharge and Force Feedback procs in Focus and Shockwave, Follow-up/Shockwave/Spin is a murderous AOE chain that has wide- coverage knockdown. 

21 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

Energy, Electricity and Stone all get second tier Regeneration.

For Willpower I would suggest pairing it with Dark, Rad, Energy or SS. 

Or if you want to go all in defensively, then Katana, Staff or Martial Arts.

I would agree with suggesting Bio if you are open to it.  It would be the most powerful and diverse.   It will also compensate somewhat for lower performing melee sets, while amping up higher performers.

Rad/bio is really fun and has great AoE, especially if you proc out the damage auras.  It can be a bit squishy if you live in Offensive Adaptation, but you can switch adaptations as needed for toughness, so it's really just a matter of knowing WHEN to switch so you can defeat enemies most efficiently without dying.  I also think I should note that, while leveling, before getting fully IOed, my rad/bio had to live in Efficient Adaptation for a while due to endurance issues.

• Thumbs Up 2

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

I tend to skip on Offensive Adaptation when soloing as I'm likely to push the diff setting and will have that set for any mission including ones which can trip up Bio. On teams and certainly in the right situation, Rad/bio fills the bill as a world breaker though. So much stuff just dies and the clicks can keep you going well enough.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."