D23 New Stuff: Disney, Marvel, Star Wars and other new annos

That's lore I didn't know about lifespans. Learn new nerdery every day...

...that said, two things.

1) When last seen, Ezra and Thrawn were seen jumping to warp with a pod of hyperdimensional space squid. Exactly where (and when) they've been is potentially up for grabs.

2) The logo for Ahsoka looks very much like the World Between Worlds from the final episodes of Rebels. And much like The Map from Time Bandits, which it resembles, or CS Lewis's Wood Between The Worlds from the Narnia prequel Magician's Nephew, which Filoni and Lucas borrowed from thematically, it allowed limited travel in both space and time.

(Have I mentioned I hate time travel? I hate time travel.)

So what shape Thrawn is in - or even what point in his life we run into him, or he runs into himself - may not be set in stone.

Thrawn may not be fully familiar with how it works, but every evil genius always wants that Undo button.

Or better yet: Emperor Thrawn might be an even more formidable opponent than Palpatine himself.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

13 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

That's lore I didn't know about lifespans. Learn new nerdery every day...

...that said, two things.

1) When last seen, Ezra and Thrawn were seen jumping to warp with a pod of hyperdimensional space squid. Exactly where (and when) they've been is potentially up for grabs.

True, though we might be able to infer some things.  I'll cover that in a bit.

2) The logo for Ahsoka looks very much like the World Between Worlds from the final episodes of Rebels. And much like The Map from Time Bandits, which it resembles, or CS Lewis's Wood Between The Worlds from the Narnia prequel Magician's Nephew, which Filoni and Lucas borrowed from thematically, it allowed limited travel in both space and time.

While I'd very much like to see more of the World Between Worlds, this might be a case of Occam's Razor: Ahsoka is searching, we're given a picture showing a star system (or systems), basically a map.  The "O" in Ahsoka has me curious though.  It seems possibly to go beyond highly stylized to almost a foreshadowing element.

Yes, time and time again.  Even the groundhog is now annoyed. 😁

So what shape Thrawn is in - or even what point in his life we run into him, or he runs into himself - may not be set in stone.

Point taken.  We'll see what happens...in time.

Thrawn may not be fully familiar with how it works, but every evil genius always wants that Undo button.

Or better yet: Emperor Thrawn might be an even more formidable opponent than Palpatine himself.

I never got the sense that Thrawn was so ambitious.  He even states that he has satisfaction in delivering results for his emperor.  With that in mind, if the World between Worlds does come into play, I suspect Thrawn would be trying for a reset button.

^ commenting above in orange - Techwright

I said we might be able to infer some things regarding Thrawn.  I hate tossing up a spoiler for this.  as the info's been out for a while, but just in case...

Spoiler

Thrawn's sudden departure is from Lothal, which is on the Outer Rim.  While not too telling, there's some added possibilities from that, notably on that side of the galaxy is access to a close-proximity minor galaxy.  We actually see this several times in Star Wars without really realizing it.  The planet Kamino is located in this mini adjacent galaxy.   Kamino is, of course, the adapted watery homeworld of the Kaminoans and the clone army.  So possibility #1 is that they ended up in the minor galaxy.  Possibility #2 is that Lothal is close to the galactic edge.  So they may have ended beyond the galaxy.  I personally discredit this option as the windows on the ships were smashed.  Arriving in a void would be fatal.

To achieve other possibilities, it is necessary to infer a few other things.  Next up is:  Ezra and Thrawn were never in any events of the Original Trilogy.  That has to mean that both were beyond the ability to return and influence the outcome.  Sidious, Vader, Yoda, Kenobi:  all had met Ezra Bridger.  And yet Luke is told he's the last hope of the Jedi.  This means Bridger was beyond the ability to help the Rebel Alliance AND that he was beyond the hunt of the Sith.  Likewise, Thrawn for he would undoubtedly returned and tried to join the Empire's fight after the battle of Yavin.  So they've ended up in some part of the galaxy that that kept them out of the big picture for a time.  I'd say definitely a planet with atmosphere, again because of the shattered ship windows.

Next inference:  Thrawn didn't stay marooned.  This implies he was either on a planet he had to traverse to find a spaceship/space port, or he was clever enough to repair damaged systems and send a very late signal for pickup, quite probably by the First Order.  That has all kinds of possibilities, including Thrawn being the spearhead of the First Order (not Gideon) until at such time as the semi-revived emperor and the mysterious appearance of Snoke could occur.  This escape topic is not really an inference.  Ahsoka's question in the episode "The Jedi" is "where is Grand Admiral Thrawn?"  She's saying he's been active enough for contacts under him to be aware of and influenced by his presence.  So he's on the move again, or at least has gone to ground where he can control some of the situation again.

Next inference:  Thrawn may be in proximity to planet Corvus.  Corvus is where the events of the episode "The Jedi" played out.  This may be a long shot, after all, other stories had adventurers skipping around the galaxy, but if his operative is working on Corvus, he may be in the "neighborhood".  The question is: where is Corvus?  I know it is in the Outer Rim, but that's a big place and encircles the rest of the galaxy.  I've done my best to find it, but so far the maps have failed.  I've wonder if Corvus is near the are known as the Unknown Regions, which may open up storytelling possibilities for Thrawn hiding in an area we don't know much about.

9 hours ago, Techwright said:

Yes, time and time again.  Even the groundhog is now annoyed. 😁

Look, you try living across this many timelines and narrative pathings and see if you remember everything. Just buying birthday presents gives me a headache and risks divergent rifting. This is all because Brian Cox microwaved fish at CERN while the LHC was turned on...

• Haha 1

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 1 month later

Second Disenchanted trailer is out and confirms a few suspicions... plus a few new gags.

("Oh my my, my hair is so high... and my dress is so low..." it's fun being a villain, sweetie. 😁 )

• 4 weeks later

724E4248-F79B-4DCB-9A11-D68A503F0717.thumb.jpeg.a0ca3fdf656f60d384b7b1742d472c56.jpeg

Stolen from Twitter. Trust Ahsoka to cut through the difficult bits (…and the roof…)

It doesn’t look like a live action replica of Lothal, but there’s a lot of the World Between Worlds symbolism going on.

Today the Willow series drops on D+. I've been looking forward to this one. I always thought more could be done with the property. The arcade cabinet is a blast if you're into MAME/emulation stuff.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

On 11/29/2022 at 1:39 PM, Mr. Vee said:

I wanna see how you get the sun to shine just right through the boom mike of Ra to open the chamber. Lightsabers are cheating.

"Thrawn's digging in the wrong place..."

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2022 at 5:13 AM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

724E4248-F79B-4DCB-9A11-D68A503F0717.thumb.jpeg.a0ca3fdf656f60d384b7b1742d472c56.jpeg

Stolen from Twitter. Trust Ahsoka to cut through the difficult bits (…and the roof…)

It doesn’t look like a live action replica of Lothal, but there’s a lot of the World Between Worlds symbolism going on.

The portal in Rebels was located in a Jedi temple.  It makes sense, particularly with all the "doors" in the World Between Worlds that it would not be the only Jedi temple to have access to the WBW.  That's a problem, though, because we know Sidious is still alive (well, a half life) and he's very much interested in finding his way into the WBW. 

16 minutes ago, Techwright said:

he's very much interested in finding his way into the WBW. 

He's already reached out into the WBW with his mind (and some kind of Sith flamethrower). 

Given Filoni's the kind to explore and repair canon-holes, maybe this is where Sidious and/or Thrawn was hiding out pre-Force Awakens and trying to mess with the timeline?

4 minutes ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

He's already reached out into the WBW with his mind (and some kind of Sith flamethrower). 

Given Filoni's the kind to explore and repair canon-holes, maybe this is where Sidious and/or Thrawn was hiding out pre-Force Awakens and trying to mess with the timeline?

Rather than a hiding place, I see it more (hopefully...hope-full-eeeee) as an opportunity to wipe the taste of the Sequel Trilogy from our collective mouths.  Or at least modify it to something more palatable.

Yes, he did reach out, but could not sustain the connection.  The WBW is apparently naturally resistant to the Sith, or at least the portals are.  They need a Jedi to act as anchor to drag themselves in.  It makes sense that something so powerful would lean towards the light side, as being easily accessed by the Dark Side wielders would cause unimaginable chaos.

• 2 weeks later

Rumour mill's gone bonkers today, but huge if true: Hayden Christensen and another actress playing Young Ahsoka are filming Clone Wars era fight scenes, which Rosario will interact with through the WBW. (What are the rules on not meeting/interacting with your earlier self if you're a Jedi? Do you go nuts? Explode? Vanish from history? Damn short series if so...)

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

On 12/15/2022 at 5:41 PM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Rumour mill's gone bonkers today, but huge if true: Hayden Christensen and another actress playing Young Ahsoka are filming Clone Wars era fight scenes, which Rosario will interact with through the WBW. (What are the rules on not meeting/interacting with your earlier self if you're a Jedi? Do you go nuts? Explode? Vanish from history? Damn short series if so...)

Galactic continuity is changed?  Emperors truly die and granddaughters are not born, or are born to the correct family?  One could hope.

I do like the idea of Hayden as live action equivalent to animated Clone Wars Anakin.  Matt Lantern brought such a confidence to Anakin that Hayden was not allowed to bring to him until he fell to the dark side.  As a result, Hayden's Anakin comes across as a whiny emo-boy, while Lantern's take showed Anakin as clearly a man.  A troubled man, but still a man, not a young whiner.  I don't blame Hayden, and I'd very much like to see him replicate Lantern's version.  It would be impressive.  Most impressive.