Robots/Poison

Generator

Hey,

So on a R/P Mastermind, is Noxious Gas even worth it?  It has to be cast on one of the bots, and none of them really do a lot of melee.  I'm sure it's more usable if you're really good at manually positioning individual minions, but well, that's not really me.  😁

Later on,

Generator

Simple answer is no. Only useful on pets that melee and that recharge time means its an easy skip anyway. 1 of those powers that needs to be changed to match fender/corr/troller version. Poison is a rough ride all round on an mm although i have seen some very good players make it work. I'm just not one of them. If you toss it on a bot and run it into melee....well you can guess what happens next since they are created to be purely ranged and the most fragile of mm pets (although theres pet sets try to dispute that by suiciding on a regular basis)

• Thanks 1

So my first villain to level 50 on live was a necro/poison MM. I started this guy at COV launch. 

This was before all the buffs so take my feedback with a little skepticism. Poison was a rough ride to 50. The only reason I made it to 50 is that I stubbornly refused to give up. On the other hand, that necro/poison could utterly destroy single hard targets. As I recall, noxious gas worked really well on my melee oriented zombie knights. It's probably not going to work as well on your more ranged oriented robots. 

For RP purposes, have you considered /rad? A lot of the same tricks as poison but a lot more utility.

Edited by tjknight
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, tjknight said:

For RP purposes, have you considered /rad? A lot of the same tricks as poison but a lot more utility.

Hell, not only did I consider it, the first version of this guy I made in HC was Robots/Rad.  (This is a reroll of one of my old guys from Pinnacle.)  But I just wasn't feeling it with the Rad.

The one thing I want to try this with that I haven't done yet is Robots/Electric.  If I dig on him best, he'll be the "final" version of this guy.

Thanks for replying, have a great day.

• 2 weeks later