APP Proliferation day 3: Stone ​🪨​

Vanden

By golly there's not enough Stone-themed APPs in the game!

Click this link to see my chart of APPs, which includes all the existing pools, the pools proposed in this thread and all my other APP threads, along with links to every thread, proposed pool names, and power icons.

Blaster

• Quicksand
  • Fossilize
  • Rock Armor
  • Embrace of the Earth
  • Geode

Corruptor/Defender

• Stone Prison
  • Fossilize
  • Rock Armor
  • Embrace of the Earth
  • Seismic Smash

Dominator

• Beryl Crystals
  • Solid Ground
  • Rock Armor
  • Upthrust
  • Embrace of the Earth

Mastermind

• Rock Armor
  • Tombstone
  • Fracture
  • Earthquake
  • Embrace of the Earth

Scrapper/Stalker

• Stone Prison
  • Salt Crystals
  • Stone Spears
  • Fracture
  • Fissure

Sentinel

• Stone Cages
  • Stone Mallet
  • Fault
  • Mud Pots
  • Seismic Smash

The powers:

• Beryl Crystals: From Earth Manipulation. A toggle power which increases Accuracy and Perception and gives resistance to Perception and ToHit debuffs.
  • Earthquake: From Earth Control. A ranged, location AoE power which creates an area wherein enemies will be continuously knocked down while they have their defense reduced.
  • Embrace of the Earth: From Stone Armor... kinda. A click which heals the user for a large amount and also increases their maximum HP. The original flavor of the power, from before the Stone Armor revamp, and with a subtly different name to help differentiate it.
  • Fault: From Stone Melee. A two-fer melee attack that knocks down and stuns targets in a targeted AoE, and deals moderate Smashing damage in a cone area.
  • Fossilize: From Earth Control. A ranged, single-target hold which also Debuffs defense and deals minor Smashing damage.
  • Fissure: From Earth Assault. A ranged, targeted AoE attack which deals moderate Smashing damage and has a small chance to knock them down and disorient them.
  • Fracture: From Earth Manipulation. A ranged, targeted-AoE which stuns targets.
  • Geode: From Stone Armor, Scrapper/Stalker flavor. A toggle which renders the user untouchable while they heal and recover endurance at an incredible rate. While toggled on, the user is encased in a tough earthen shell, but enemies can break the shell to deactivate the toggle early with enough damage. Can't be active longer than 30 seconds.
  • Mud Pots: From Stone Armor. A toggle damage aura which deals minor Fire damage over time to all nearby enemies, slows their movement speed, and has a chance to immobilize them.
  • Quicksand: From Earth Control. A location click AoE which slows the movement of all enemies within the area, prevents them from flying, and debuffs defense.
  • Rock Armor: From Stone Armor. A toggle which gives Defense against Smashing and Lethal damage.
  • Salt Crystals: From Earth Control. A PBAoE sleep which also debuffs the Defense of affected targets.
  • Seismic Smash: From Stone Melee. A single-target melee attack which deals extreme Smashing damage and Holds the target.
  • Solid Ground: A new power. An auto power which gives 1 point of Knockback protection, a small amount of Regeneration and Recovery, and some resistance to Knockback and mez effects, as long as the user is standing on the ground.
  • Stone Cages: From Earth Control. A ranged, targeted AoE immobilize which also deals minor Smashing damage over time, debuffs Defense, and prevents the target from flying.
  • Stone Mallet: From Stone Melee. A single-target melee attack which deals moderate Smashing damage and has a chance to knock the target down.
  • Stone Prison: From Earth Control. A ranged, single-target immobilize which also deals minor Smashing damage over time, debuffs Defense, and prevents the target from flying.
  • Stone Spears: From Earth Assault. A ranged, single-target attack which deals moderate Lethal damage and has a high chance to knock the target down.
  • Tombstone: From Seismic Blast. A sniper attack that can be used in combat for high Smashing damage, with a boost to damage that scales with ToHit buffs, or out of combat for a slower, interruptible attack that deals even higher Smashing damage.
  • Upthrust: From Seismic Blast. A ranged, targeted AoE attack which deals Smashing Damage, knocks down enemies, debuffs their defense, and prevents them from jumping or flying for a short time.
Edited by Vanden
  • Like 6

• Vanden changed the title to APP Proliferation day 3: Stone ​🪨​

Bumping just this thread with an update.

First, I edited this post to add a Stone-themed pool for Sentinels. They don't currently get any Stone-themed primaries or secondaries, but with Seismic Blast recently released and Stone Armor ported to Scrappers and Stalkers, you gotta figure it's just a matter of time, right? Might as well be prepared.

Second, at this point I've now created threads for every new APP I've come up with. I'm sure you're all very sad, and that reading the new daily thread has been the highlight of your day for the past two weeks. 😉 However, every thread I've created has been edited to add a link to the chart I used to design these pools, with all the existing APPs and proposed APPs together in one convenient place. It's got proposed pool names and power icons, too, along with links to every writeup I've done on this forum for each pool theme. I think it looks real nice, to boot. Have a look-see if you're interested.

Edited by Vanden

• 2 weeks later
On 9/21/2022 at 1:45 PM, Vanden said:

First, I edited this post to add a Stone-themed pool for Sentinels. They don't currently get any Stone-themed primaries or secondaries, but with Seismic Blast recently released and Stone Armor ported to Scrappers and Stalkers, you gotta figure it's just a matter of time, right? Might as well be prepared.

Well that didn't take long

So I was reorganizing my APP chart, sorting the pools to group them by theme, and saw a big gap in the Earth Mastery column for Masterminds. Now sure, they don't have any Primaries or Secondaries that match the Earth or Stone theme, but that didn't stop Paragon Studios giving them an electric pool, so why hold them back? The OP has been edited to add a pool for Masterminds.

As a little note, since Sentinels' Lightning Field got upgraded to Shocking Field with 10s DoT, I think that future epic damage auras for them should follow that same example. So Mud Pots could become Magma Pots or something, IDK what to call it. As long as it gets the DoT effect. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh