Pocket D Patron Pools

Major_Decoy

Forget Hero patron pools. I want patron pools you can earn as long as you can access Pocket D.

Four Patron Groups: Midnighters, Father Time, DJ Zero, and Null the Gull.

Midnighters get summons, a midnighter of some sort, be it armour, spells, weapons, or an archivist. You also get a selection of spells and artifacts to use based on your archetype.

Father Time gets you some time mastery abilities. If there's a pet, it would probably have to be a time displaced version of you that's kind of weaker. But I'm disinclined to have this set get a pet.

DJ Zero could pull powers from Symphonic Control and the Sonic Power sets. Definitely no pets, but maybe a confuse to make people fall in love with you and fight for you.

Null the Gull gives you one power. You know what it is, you know what it does.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mercedes Sheldon is the only Midnighter in PD, isn't she. I think instead of a Patron Pool representing the Midnighters, have a Pool representing the random named NPCs, like Turndown Girl and Desperate Guy. Or Bartenders!

Edited by vicuna

Wouldn't it be cool if different organisations vie for your patronage?

I'm thinking a whole list of groups who want you to be part of their organisation, and by doing a  few missions for them, you can. We can have:
Longbow
Vanguard
Midnighters
Council (Sorry, I just want a war mech pet)
5th Column
Wyvern
Tsoo (btw, have you all seen a FEMALE Ancestor Spirit? I saw one once... just once)
Family/Mooks
Gold Brickers
PPD
CoT
Banished Pantheon
Even Ouro's menders
Heck we can even include Hellions, Trolls, Skulls, Snakes/Arachnoids, and Rikti.

7 hours ago, vicuna said:

Mercedes Sheldon is the only Midnighter in PD, isn't she. I think instead of a Patron Pool representing the Midnighters, have a Pool representing the random named NPCs, like Turndown Girl and Desperate Guy. Or Bartenders!

Yeah, but the midnighters are represented Blue, Red, and Gold side, so they seemed like a good neutral organization.

The bartenders work at Pocket D, and DJ Zero owns Pocket D. Maybe it'd make more sense to treat DJ Zero like Recluse and pick sub-factions within Pocket D. (Bartending Pool, Bussing Pool, Kitchen Pool, and AE Pool?).

Meanwhile, choosing someone who is at Pocket D, but does not work for Pocket D would be the Patron Patron Pool.

12 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

Father Time gets you some time mastery abilities. If there's a pet, it would probably have to be a time displaced version of you that's kind of weaker. But I'm disinclined to have this set get a pet.

Father Time's pool should definitely include a pet, and that pet should be Baby New Year.

• Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

26 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Only if the pool also includes Mastermind: Traps: Detonator

I want to be able to throw him at enemies, in the same way that Red Cap Fiends throw those exploding gnomes.

• Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

I want to be able to throw him at enemies, in the same way that Red Cap Fiends throw those exploding gnomes.

Yes!

Remember the first time I saw that.  Running my Emp/Dark paired with a friend on his Fire/Fire blaster.  He got one thrown on his head.  He died.  He was laughing too hard to use a green inspire and I was laughing too hard to use Heal Other promptly.

Which, of course, made us both laugh even harder.

Edited by Doomguide2005